Wiki Posts
Search

eZRUN brushless system

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 10:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

edwintklee,

The timing can be increased to maximum and the punch also, if you are using this in a mini. The temps will increase, however the RPM will increase and the torque will be reduced.

In mini with the punch at maximum you will cause more tyre wear, however the timing is up to yourself. Dependant on whether the track is small and tight,(less timing), open and flowing(more timing).

You will need to test this yourself by comparing laptimes. I know this question has been answered many times on the mini thread.

Never mind.

Regards,

Calvin.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nexxus
No need to be rude!

Yes advancing the timing will increase speed however it'll also greatly increase motor temperature as well. With non sensored motors you are better off using your gearing to get to the speed you want, and keep in mind as these Ezy-run motors use the same rotor as in a 380 size motor, they can't be pushed as far as say a Medusa or Traxxas VXL motor.

Your only half right.

the 8.5T motors and lower all have true 540 rotors.
the 9T and up all use the 380 sized rotors.

This is why so many of us on here advise against using the higher turn motors in a heavier car.

Jay
Old 04-15-2009, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

Originally Posted by cannon
Ancient proverb says .... "If all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS !!!!"

Is it that hard to read the instructions?
what wrong with me asking? Did i ASK YOU??

is it wrong to ask? if it is what the hell this forum its for?
Old 04-15-2009, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

No need to be rude!

Yes advancing the timing will increase speed however it'll also greatly increase motor temperature as well. With non sensored motors you are better off using your gearing to get to the speed you want, and keep in mind as these Ezy-run motors use the same rotor as in a 380 size motor, they can't be pushed as far as say a Medusa or Traxxas VXL motor.
Thanks for your reply, i was guessing that the result too.

due to i am using it on m chasis, i probaly have to tune my timing to fight against the other guy on my local track,

Thanks calvin, due to my local guy its always passing me at the straight, i guess they have tune the timing, so i have to too....

edwin
Old 04-15-2009, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Um so gearing your motor up for more speed is not gunna make the motor hotter?

I think you are going to find that there is going to be a sweet spot for each driver/track/motor.

For me i always associated less timing with getting more run time and limiting the power of a motor with the old brushed motors.

However, i have also always assumed (so someone correct me if im wrong) that on a really big open track it may be advantageous to turn the timing down and gear the motor higher.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by edwintklee
what wrong with me asking? Did i ASK YOU??

is it wrong to ask? if it is what the hell this forum its for?
The question has been asked and answered a million times . All that has to be done is go back a page or two ...... EASY

Otherwise this forum will be filled with the same question being asked a million times.

Enjoy
Old 04-15-2009, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by edwintklee
Thanks calvin, due to my local guy its always passing me at the straight, i guess they have tune the timing, so i have to too....
With a 13t motor i suspect timing is more than likely not going to make a significant difference with regards to having so much more speed that someone can pass you on the straight.

With the right timing you should see differences in lap times, however, in my opinion the issue is more likely to be the result of one or a combination of other factors including car setup, tyres/inserts/rims, driving style and diff/spool used.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Has anybody's EZrun brushless system broken down or come faulty yet?

http://www.nitrorcx.com/ezrun-brushless-combo-set.html

And would the motor bog with a 7.2v, 6cell, Ni-MH?
Old 04-15-2009, 07:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mangoman
With a 13t motor i suspect timing is more than likely not going to make a significant difference with regards to having so much more speed that someone can pass you on the straight.

With the right timing you should see differences in lap times, however, in my opinion the issue is more likely to be the result of one or a combination of other factors including car setup, tyres/inserts/rims, driving style and diff/spool used.
let me try 1st we will see.....
Old 04-16-2009, 03:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

grategenin,

No the system seems to be reasonably stable. However not sure what your application is for this sytem. I noticed that the link is to the 3300 KV motor system which is faster than the systems we use in Mini. You just need to remeber that these motors are 380 size in a 540 can.

edwintklee,

The timing at full will give more top speed, but less pull from the line. However Martin is correct in that if your car is not setup properly then the difference may not be noticed. The advantages of more speed can also be negated by pushing wide on corners, etc.

The faster you get your mini going the more crucial your setup becomes.

Regards,

Calvin.

Last edited by caltek1; 04-16-2009 at 03:48 AM. Reason: xtra text
Old 04-16-2009, 03:55 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pyro18t
Your only half right.

the 8.5T motors and lower all have true 540 rotors.
the 9T and up all use the 380 sized rotors.

This is why so many of us on here advise against using the higher turn motors in a heavier car.

Jay
That is true, the ones I am speaking about have a heatsink type appearance on the can and are a sensorless motor. They use a 380 size rotor which is what the Mamba Max motors use as well.

In the case of these motors, I wouldn't run them in a car over 1500 grams.
Old 04-16-2009, 04:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Oh I didn't reliase it was a 380 motor.

Why is this?
Old 04-16-2009, 06:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by grategenin
Oh I didn't reliase it was a 380 motor.

Why is this?
It's a 380, but it's the same size as a 540, if that makes sense
Old 04-16-2009, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by caltek1

edwintklee,

The timing at full will give more top speed, but less pull from the line. However Martin is correct in that if your car is not setup properly then the difference may not be noticed. The advantages of more speed can also be negated by pushing wide on corners, etc.

The faster you get your mini going the more crucial your setup becomes.

Regards,

Calvin.

you are probaly right? i probaly need to get my shock to work probaly, i am still at trial and error with my shocks...currently using TRF long shock with Mini shock sharf....with 2 o rings...

not bad, but will wan to improve my car handling, we are runing on recycle 1/10 30% or less foam tyres from gp cars and run until we finish all the foams....

what to do we here race very budgetly....

Last edited by edwintklee; 04-16-2009 at 09:37 AM.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

an eve ncheaper way of racing minis is to ask the nitro racers if you can have their worn out tyres they give you them for free. All the mini racers (when they turn up) at the track use them, and on tarmac they work well. Apparently they slide a bit and give some margin for error.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.