Community
Wiki Posts
Search

eZRUN brushless system

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 11:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

They do actually advertise them as 1/10 capable...they don't seem to specify onroad/offroad etc.

Last edited by paulicat; 10-21-2008 at 11:38 AM.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

I wonder if one would work in the RWD TC I'm building...
Old 10-22-2008, 12:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joe of loath
I wonder if one would work in the RWD TC I'm building...
Yes it should

I have just bought my self another 2 escs thanks cannon
Old 10-22-2008, 06:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

well,my slash is stock and with the stock gearing,today,i ran on our dry-semi slick(enough to make my slipper slip at times) offroad track for about 15 minutes,and the little 380 motor only got up to 155 degrees.at 7 minutes it was around 135.again,i was running the slowest motor,13t 3000kv.

i think this is a fair system.in my opinion,what is gonna get this combo in trouble,would be running in grass ,sand or gravel. ithink that on a track,under decent circumstances it will be ok.if you decide to overgear,or run monster truck tires ,etc,i think you may run into trouble.

i also see many people buy motors with outrageous kv ratings,when a lower kv motor would be better.this combo is barely faster than my slash was with the stock motor,which also makes me like this system,as well as a low voltage cutoff.
would i recommend it ?yes,if you already have a pretty good idea of what you are doing,and with the lower kv motor.and dont get the big headed status quo crap stuck in your head that you need the faster motor,cuz you probably dont.try the lower kv one,youll probably like it.
go into this purchase(of the 35a one)with low expectations,and you'll be humbly surprised.not friggin AMAZED,but happy none the less.dont expect it to be equal to a mamba,or lrp,or whatever,but count it as a stock equilavent replacement,not necessarily a speed upgrade.just because it says "brushless"doesnt mean its gonna do 90 mph.
i' ll go back to my seat now.thanks for listening...
Old 10-22-2008, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dethklok151
well,my slash is stock and with the stock gearing,today,i ran on our dry-semi slick(enough to make my slipper slip at times) offroad track for about 15 minutes,and the little 380 motor only got up to 155 degrees.at 7 minutes it was around 135.again,i was running the slowest motor,13t 3000kv.

i think this is a fair system.in my opinion,what is gonna get this combo in trouble,would be running in grass ,sand or gravel. ithink that on a track,under decent circumstances it will be ok.if you decide to overgear,or run monster truck tires ,etc,i think you may run into trouble.

i also see many people buy motors with outrageous kv ratings,when a lower kv motor would be better.this combo is barely faster than my slash was with the stock motor,which also makes me like this system,as well as a low voltage cutoff.
would i recommend it ?yes,if you already have a pretty good idea of what you are doing,and with the lower kv motor.and dont get the big headed status quo crap stuck in your head that you need the faster motor,cuz you probably dont.try the lower kv one,youll probably like it.
go into this purchase(of the 35a one)with low expectations,and you'll be humbly surprised.not friggin AMAZED,but happy none the less.dont expect it to be equal to a mamba,or lrp,or whatever,but count it as a stock equilavent replacement,not necessarily a speed upgrade.just because it says "brushless"doesnt mean its gonna do 90 mph.

Any this is how it should be run in a truck or any thing heavier than a 1/10th

BTW i run my T4 on grass for 20 mins until heat becomes a problem, running 28/87 and trac-ta-gator tires
Old 10-22-2008, 09:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

+1 agreed!

Originally Posted by dethklok151

Old 10-23-2008, 04:48 PM
V12
Tech Elite

I plan trying the 60A version in a 1/12 car using a Protoform Speed 12 body. Just from the pictures the ESC seems a little high, I think at least you will have to remove the fan. Will this ESC fit in a 1/12 car regarding height? The 1/12 scale bodies are soo low.
Is it possible removing the heatsink also if it´s too high? I have seen people using the LRP Sphere without heatsink in the 1/12 cars, so maybe this should work here also.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

anyone opened the can and replaced the wires?

i'd love to be able to move the esc as it sits too high.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Mine came in today from RC Market.

That was about 15 days from Singapore to Canada to my hands.

I am not sure why.. but my customs (hope they dont read this! ) missed charging me anything for it. maybe because of Singapore?

Anyway.. without the customs and tax.. this ended up being the deal of a lifetime!!

15 days ago our dollar was still above 95c US.. so I paid $90CDN DONE.. to my door.. nice.. maybe I can get one of those Xerun escs for a higher end later..

Anyone know a retailer for Xerun?? cant find them.

James
Old 10-23-2008, 06:54 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Maybe the esc needs a 5-7 minute timer as thats about how long the motor goes for before spiking in temp?

To be expected from a 380 size set up I guess.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bikerbob
Mine came in today from RC Market.

That was about 15 days from Singapore to Canada to my hands.
Isn't RC Market from HK?
Old 10-23-2008, 07:11 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by stocker
Isn't RC Market from HK?
Based out of .. yep.. but shipped out of Singapore.. all good to me.

The ESC is small.. this is going to be nice.

I have the 9t 4300.. first test will be in my MR4-BC (4wd offroad) on an indoor carpet offroad.

If I find this is too much for it.. then I will move it over to my TC3 and put the Novak 4300ss into the offroad.

James
Old 10-23-2008, 10:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nexxus
Maybe the esc needs a 5-7 minute timer as thats about how long the motor goes for before spiking in temp?

To be expected from a 380 size set up I guess.
The way i have found is:

Esc:

1-3 mins of running runs runs ok temps
4-18 mins " " runs coolest
19+ mins " " runs the hottest

Motor;
1-6 mins of running runs good temps
7-15 mins " " runs fairly hot
16+ mins " " runs way too hot

This is on the finger test (Which is how many secs you can hold you finger on the back end)
Old 10-24-2008, 06:45 AM
Tech Initiate

Please let us know how it goes in the offroad Bikerbob!
I'm awaiting your report before I decide which way to go.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:23 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by paulicat
Please let us know how it goes in the offroad Bikerbob!
I'm awaiting your report before I decide which way to go.

OK, will do. I am rebuilding the car this weekend and offroad will be setup at the track next week (1 week onroad 1 week offroad).

4300kv is supposed to be 19t. SO I will start by gearing it the same way I would the Novak 4300ss and see where that puts it for about 5min of practice.

I really like the programming card - opposed to multi pushes of the setup button on a Novak.

I am disappointed and happy with RC Market.

I am disappointed because their advertising is false - they use a graphic of the combo with the 5.5 or similar motor NOT the blue finned 380, and second because they claim the motor has a temp shut down.. which being the 380 you would think.. great! I cant fry it. But it is SL and even the instructions say the ESC has a 95 deg protection.. nothing for the motor.
I am happy though because service was excellent - and the price was the best out there. I do think though that if this combo was $10 more with a 8.5 (540size) motor, I would have paid that.. rather than get the 380 size.

James

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.