Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fantom Dyno Help.

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 06:57 PM
Tech Regular

Default Fantom Dyno Help.

Hi I just bought a used Fantom Dyno and tried it out for a couple motors and everything worked fine. The next day I want to test a motor and press run motor the motor and it doesn't move. I have the Dos software. I have no idea what version but the dyno appears to be one of the newer version because it has the blue anodized clamp but the software appears to be old.

If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Martin.
Old 09-05-2003, 08:54 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

When you hook up the motor leads to it and turn the dyno on does the motor spin? Have you tried a different motor? Also check your power source, if it is a battery make sure that it is charged. Let me know what you find out. It is possible that you might have blown the fets in the unit, don't ask how but it does happen from time to time.
Old 09-06-2003, 04:48 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for taking the time to help Kraig. It turned out it was my laptop getting frozen whenever I pressed the run motor button. Tried it on a different laptop and it works perfect.

Btw, what kind of power supply is needed to run one of these thing with a low turn mod motor? I have a 30 amp unit and it wont start the motor so I had to use a battery.

Thanks again.
Old 09-06-2003, 08:37 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Pick up a garden tractor battery from Wal-Mart or something like that. Also get a charger if you don't have one so you can keep the battery charged. With low turn mod motors I would just tune off of amp draw on a C.E. charger. With stocks and 19 turns you should be fine with the battery.

The problem with the 30 amp supply is that your motor draws such a large amp draw when it first starts and your 30 amp unit can only put out 30 amps. Thus the need for a car battery.