Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
KO Propo VFS-2000 ESC >

KO Propo VFS-2000 ESC

KO Propo VFS-2000 ESC

Old 07-18-2004, 01:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

That could be why. I know that the higher freq setting you use the more every thing heats up!
Old 07-18-2004, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

I just got this speedo from Robert at KO Propo here at the ROAR onroad nats and I am extremely impressed with it's performance. He constantly had alot of the pro drivers coming to him to set it up including me. Atsushi Hara took home the TC Mod and 1/12 Mod titles with this speedo.
Old 07-21-2004, 10:10 PM
Tech Master

2 Questions:

I cant seem to store any of the profiles on my handheld programmer!
Whenever I save them, and startup later they're gone.
Anyone got any tips?

Another problem which might have nothing to do with the speedo.
When hammering the throttle it feels like there is somekind of delay or powergap.
I run 19t and 2 caps.
Could the caps be bad?
Or maybe wrong settings?
I used to run the original 19t settings. Later I modified it (with succes, I was faster) to a lower freq setting.

Anyone?
Old 07-21-2004, 10:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

After switching on the Apdaptor again, you have to select the profile that you want and 'Load' it again.
Old 07-21-2004, 11:05 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Ill try that
Old 07-21-2004, 11:09 PM
Tech Elite

I think it's easier to use the computer.
Old 07-21-2004, 11:24 PM
Tech Master

Yeah I guess you're right.
But I do have the handheld allready.
And think the interface is kinda expensive.

Though it's on my wishlist
Old 07-22-2004, 09:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by PizzaDude
2 Questions:

I cant seem to store any of the profiles on my handheld programmer!
Whenever I save them, and startup later they're gone.
Anyone got any tips?

Another problem which might have nothing to do with the speedo.
When hammering the throttle it feels like there is somekind of delay or powergap.
I run 19t and 2 caps.
Could the caps be bad?
Or maybe wrong settings?
I used to run the original 19t settings. Later I modified it (with succes, I was faster) to a lower freq setting.

Anyone?
PizzaDude- When saving the profile, you must hold down the button. It should say OK on the screen. Then when you turn on the programmer, you must select the correct memory location. You will still have to LOAD the profile. Eventhough you have selected the memormy location, you still have to load it.

As far as the a delay, you may want to try to replace the caps. Send me your profile and I can take a look at it.
Old 07-22-2004, 11:37 AM
Tech Master

Thanks, Staff.
I'll look up my setup and send it to you.

As for the handheldprogrammer, Kenneth told kinda the same thing.
And I tested it today. It works fine.
So that's clear now.

Is there a way to test wheter caps are in Ok condition or have gone bad?
Old 07-22-2004, 11:09 PM
Tech Master

Ko Staff

Last time I ran I used the standard 19t techn setup.
Which starts out a litlle higher and then dips to a lower rate.Why is this?

I also used the 540setup which I think was used by Hara (if memory serve me right.
I'll have to doublecheck that.

Any other things to try? Tips for a 19t on a tight track? (quite a few 180 degree turns in there so a lot of accelerating.

Thanks,
Pizza
Old 07-23-2004, 07:26 AM
Tech Adept

Default to ko staff

i just picked up another vfs 2000 series esc but this time it was the j version and when i install it i noticed that the caps that came with it was smaller than the caps that i previously have bought separately. should i use one big power up condenser or two small ones (more like mid sized) if i were to use 23t stock motor? btw the motor is tamiya's super stock RZ

and also should i use copper or silver wires??? deans are copper and big. lrp not so big but silver, keyence maybe? what are the downside??
Old 07-23-2004, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: to ko staff

Originally posted by prodrive
i just picked up another vfs 2000 series esc but this time it was the j version and when i install it i noticed that the caps that came with it was smaller than the caps that i previously have bought separately. should i use one big power up condenser or two small ones (more like mid sized) if i were to use 23t stock motor? btw the motor is tamiya's super stock RZ

and also should i use copper or silver wires??? deans are copper and big. lrp not so big but silver, keyence maybe? what are the downside??
Just pick up some standard 14AWG wire, works the best, easy to bend and wire a car with. Doesn't really matter which kind, I guess the Novak wire, Orion, whichever.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:15 AM
Tech Master

Ko Staff

I also used the 540setup which I think was used by Hara (if memory serve me right.
Any other things to try? Tips for a 19t on a tight track? (quite a few 180 degree turns in there so a lot of accelerating.
Thanks,
Pizza
Well, if the track is very tight, and you know that you are letting off the throttle all the way for each turn, as in when you are coming out of a turn you starting back at neutral throttle and pulling back (versus going through the turn and coming out at half throttle and pulling back), then you might want to try a set-up that starts at about 14 (number on the handheld programmer), and then gradually drop it down to about 10, then bring it back up, slowly, to about 19-22. If you arent getting any tire spin when coming out of the corners, then try starting at about 11 and stay at 11 till almost half throttle, then bring it up to 19-22.
Hope that helps a bit.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

Ko Staff

Thanks,
Pizza
Pizza- You would want to start at a higher frequency if you are getting wheel spin. This will mellow out the torque on the motor. I will post the setting that was used at the ROAR nats on Monday. This setting was used by MisFitz to get him to the A-main and pull on some of the factory drivers. This is so that you have an idea.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:05 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: to ko staff

Originally posted by prodrive

prodrive- The VFS-2000 and J version come with the smaller 1000uF cap. The larger 2200uF cap is an option. The larger cap will give you more punch, but for 23T motors you can probably just use two of the smaller ones if you have room.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.