R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-28-2014, 12:28 PM   #5011
Tech Adept
 
loosewheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 182
Cool

The Porsches are amazing! Seems a pity to bang them up.
__________________
Jody
Greetings from the Great White North.
Going fast and breaking plastic since 1998.
RELIC RACING
loosewheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 12:39 PM   #5012
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 6,917
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeboy View Post
Just a few bodies that I've been working on for the Southern Nationals

hey!!! it looks like the javelin got into an accident already
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 04:14 PM   #5013
Tech Fanatic
 
bertottius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Barrington, NJ
Posts: 820
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by loosewheel View Post
The Porsches are amazing! Seems a pity to bang them up.
That's the fun part!
__________________
CHRIS BERTOTTI
www.teamirsrc.com
bodiesbybean.com
bertottius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 07:36 PM   #5014
Tech Addict
 
Dobbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Oshkosh, WI
Posts: 641
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default Gulf Camaro

Got my Gulf Camaro done finally. Special thanks to Howler for the Gulf decals. Tamiya Light Blue with Tamiya fluorescent orange backed by Spaz Stix solid orange. Black pin-striping is Great Planes 1/16th striping tape. Bumpers are Spaz Stix mirror chrome, whole car is backed in black. Car looks too nice to race, maybe this will be my show car body
Attached Thumbnails
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-100_3667.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-100_3663.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-100_3661.jpg  
Dobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 07:01 AM   #5015
Tech Master
 
IndyHobbies.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Brownsburg, Indiana
Posts: 1,866
Default

It looks great Dobbs!
__________________
Airbrushing Projects: www.indyhobbies.com/Airbrushing.html
"If you’re in control, you’re not going fast enough." – Parnelli Jones
USVTA #144
IndyHobbies.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 11:59 AM   #5016
Tech Addict
 
mschumi101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chicago-land/U of Wisconsin-Madison
Posts: 719
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to mschumi101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobbs View Post
Got my Gulf Camaro done finally. Special thanks to Howler for the Gulf decals. Tamiya Light Blue with Tamiya fluorescent orange backed by Spaz Stix solid orange. Black pin-striping is Great Planes 1/16th striping tape. Bumpers are Spaz Stix mirror chrome, whole car is backed in black. Car looks too nice to race, maybe this will be my show car body
Looks good! Unfortunately I don't have a car to race VTA with anymore... But I still have my '69 Gulf Camaro sitting around! It looks almost identical to yours with the exception its a little beaten from a year and a half of racing! Race with my already beaten body and then put your perfect one on the car when its on the table! No one would know
__________________
Associated B5M Reedy 7.5 | Xray T4 ORCA 17.5
Orange Powered!
Previous: B44.2 | TC5R | TC5 | B4.2 | B44 | Slash | E4RS | TA05R | TT01
-Ted
mschumi101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 05:38 PM   #5017
Tech Addict
 
Dobbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Oshkosh, WI
Posts: 641
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschumi101 View Post
Looks good! Unfortunately I don't have a car to race VTA with anymore... But I still have my '69 Gulf Camaro sitting around! It looks almost identical to yours with the exception its a little beaten from a year and a half of racing! Race with my already beaten body and then put your perfect one on the car when its on the table! No one would know
Yeah this is as purty as she is gonna be. My bumblebee camaro has been to he** and back but works great and is still solid up front. I may break it in for the upcoming fall class but we'll see. More than likely will keep it as a concourse display body. I saw yours actually and got the idea to make one myself since no one else up here had a Gulf scheme in VTA. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery I guess.
Dobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 12:54 PM   #5018
Tech Master
 
NutDriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,941
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

I am working on a BF Goodrich Tire Bird Pontiac. I have the decal set from Carl and even have the BF Goodrich decals for the tires. However, I don't have an airbrush and wanted to ask which rattle can shade of blue is the closest to the original color. I have Tamiya and Pactra available.
Thanks,
Scott
__________________
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

USVTA member #111
NutDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 04:30 PM   #5019
Tech Addict
 
mschumi101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chicago-land/U of Wisconsin-Madison
Posts: 719
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to mschumi101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobbs View Post
Yeah this is as purty as she is gonna be. My bumblebee camaro has been to he** and back but works great and is still solid up front. I may break it in for the upcoming fall class but we'll see. More than likely will keep it as a concourse display body. I saw yours actually and got the idea to make one myself since no one else up here had a Gulf scheme in VTA. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery I guess.
Thank you very much! Though I really like your execution- looks very good! I wish there were more Gulf schemes... Though technically not seen on any old Trans Am cars I would still consider it a "Period' or "Historical" paint scheme. Certainly a gorgeous body!
__________________
Associated B5M Reedy 7.5 | Xray T4 ORCA 17.5
Orange Powered!
Previous: B44.2 | TC5R | TC5 | B4.2 | B44 | Slash | E4RS | TA05R | TT01
-Ted
mschumi101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 05:54 PM   #5020
Tech Addict
 
Dobbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Oshkosh, WI
Posts: 641
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschumi101 View Post
Thank you very much! Though I really like your execution- looks very good! I wish there were more Gulf schemes... Though technically not seen on any old Trans Am cars I would still consider it a "Period' or "Historical" paint scheme. Certainly a gorgeous body!
Thanks man. After awhile you get bored of seeing the same old two-tone or solid colored VTA cars. I'm gonna start borrowing liveries from other racing series of the '60s era like NASCAR or LeMans or even NHRA just for something different.
Dobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 07:08 PM   #5021
Tech Regular
 
Miller1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 397
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default



got tired of stripes...
Miller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 07:17 PM   #5022
Tech Master
 
dodgeboy's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: nj
Posts: 1,173
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to dodgeboy Send a message via Yahoo to dodgeboy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobbs View Post
Thanks man. After awhile you get bored of seeing the same old two-tone or solid colored VTA cars. I'm gonna start borrowing liveries from other racing series of the '60s era like NASCAR or LeMans or even NHRA just for something different.
That's What I do sometimes if I can't find a good old Paint scheme that ran back in the day.
I have somewhere a gulf scheme that someone did on a 70's mustang if I can find it I'll post it.
I think it's the colors but not sure its got the gulf logo on it .
At night I search the internet just looking for old schemes of the cars . You'd be surprised what's on there if you find the right sites
dodgeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 09:01 AM   #5023
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Indianapolis give or take...
Posts: 659
Default

Another one for the big race...





I think I finally have the chrome thing down. Didn't put enough on the Trans Am.
.crispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 01:38 PM   #5024
Tech Master
 
IndyRC_Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 1,709
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Crispy, I like that gold color. It reminds me of the color that they would use to paint a car on a carousel ride for kids back in the early 70s. Did a quick search online and found this photo.



Also, check out this link on Flickr for some photos of a 60's Mustang on a kid carousel ride (https://www.flickr.com/photos/fortfan/5861682673/)
__________________
I'm currently racing VTA. Check here for rules/info: http://www.usvintagetransam.com/

Last edited by IndyRC_Racer; 09-02-2014 at 02:06 PM.
IndyRC_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 01:41 PM   #5025
Tech Elite
 
nf_ekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Posts: 4,631
Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller1 View Post


got tired of stripes...
I like it. Only thing I would do differently is hold off on the decals on the sides (the flames are nice so that is what I want to see the most of). Good work.
__________________
Up the Irons \m/

Powered by Hotwings, Rolling Rock, and the urge to race toy cars...
nf_ekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vintage R/C Discussion/Pics/Selling/Wanted rcaddict Singapore R/C Racers 7289 11-23-2016 09:59 AM
Vintage Trans Am Scottrik Electric On-Road 47 02-24-2012 08:21 AM
Vintage Trans-Am TC hlpressley R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 5 10-23-2008 04:00 PM
Pics of Tony Neisinger's vintage RC12L paint jobs drbelleville Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography 8 07-12-2008 04:09 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:52 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0