Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!] >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree294Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Originally Posted by 18to88
65 Mustang GT350 owners....Did paint your bumbers chrome/silver????
If so how did you do it??
And what paint did you use????
Yes I always paint the bumpers, grills, and window surrounds and I always use RCS chrome; best chrome paint imo. All of these are 100% paint all painted from the inside.

Old 03-04-2014, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

This one I just finished up recently.

Old 03-04-2014, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I think the above is the best looking Parma '69 Camaro I've seen. I think the white paint really helps draw the eye away from the boxy parts of the body. I also like how the molded in rear spoiler was painted. The spoiler almost looks like a separate piece (like the HPI bodies).

This is the perfect example of how paint can really make a body look better. Great job!!!
Old 03-04-2014, 04:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Chris, those are some great paint jobs there. The RCS chrome is so slick that you can see the headlight's reflections on the bumper of the Challenger. I have almost finished cutting the liquid mask on my next body, will be the 1st one I've done using all RCS Candies, and yes I will be using the chrome too
Old 03-04-2014, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer
I think the above is the best looking Parma '69 Camaro I've seen. I think the white paint really helps draw the eye away from the boxy parts of the body. I also like how the molded in rear spoiler was painted. The spoiler almost looks like a separate piece (like the HPI bodies).

This is the perfect example of how paint can really make a body look better. Great job!!!
Thanks IndyRC, those Parma bodies certainly are lacking for details but much more durable.

Originally Posted by alloyslash
Chris, those are some great paint jobs there. The RCS chrome is so slick that you can see the headlight's reflections on the bumper of the Challenger. I have almost finished cutting the liquid mask on my next body, will be the 1st one I've done using all RCS Candies, and yes I will be using the chrome too
Awesome, cannot wait to see what you spray up.
Old 03-08-2014, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

I know its not a VTA Camaro, but it is probably the most gorgeous 67 I've ever seen. Drool, drool...

Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-67camarogorgeous.jpg  
Old 03-08-2014, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

a new set I plan to have printed this week - looks like it should be pretty good...

I only plan on having one or two done - but if someone wants one of these - shoot me an email

[email protected]

Last edited by SWTour; 03-09-2014 at 08:26 PM.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Wink

Originally Posted by Tommy R
After racing my Sunoco Camaro for a year I decided it was time for something new. Carl came through for me once again with a new sticker set. Enter the Warren Tope Boss 302.

The pics look awful.....really faded, but the color is a vibrant red. The wing, spoiler, hood, trunk, and rear and painted black underneath with Rustoleum matte clear on the outside. Hopefully it'll hold up pretty well!

Tommy's car in a year... Do you notice a blue and orange scrubbing thanks to RJ..
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-image.jpg  
Old 03-10-2014, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

some nice vta car on here lately
Old 03-10-2014, 04:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Teamhotrods
Do you notice a blue and orange scrubbing thanks to RJ..

Too funny, Sam!
Old 03-15-2014, 07:34 PM
Tech Rookie

My latest Cuda for VTA. Thought I'd go for the run down been around the block a few times look. Happy with the result.

MT
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-image.jpg  
Old 03-15-2014, 07:37 PM
Tech Rookie

And the other other side.

MT
Old 03-15-2014, 10:04 PM
Tech Elite

I think it's been discussed, but I suck at RCTech Searching when I want to find things...

What is the best "RATTLECAN" paint to use short of the Pactra R/C Paint?

I'm just wanting to shoot 1/2 dozen bodies WHITE and BLACK and it seems to me guys had success w/ KRYLON.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:44 PM
Tech Elite

I've been thinking of trying some "hardware store" rattle cans on a body in the future. I think as long as you get paint that is designed to bond with plastic you should be fine. I would think paint made for outside plastic furniture would work. The only issue you might run into is getting it to spray in thin/fine layers so the body doesn't weigh too much.

Only other issue is price. I've noticed this type of paint is more expensive at craft stores (Jo-Ann Fabrics, Michael's, Hobby Lobby, etc). Big box stores or even bargain stores might be the best price.

The other option would be automotive paint designed for plastic, such as bumpers. I would think that would be more expensive.

-----------

Regardless of which way you go, please post your results.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:51 PM
Tech Elite

Being in Calif - our B.S. emmisions laws are so screwed up, I can't get the old paint I use to from the Body and Paint supply shop (I use to use regular Acrylic Lacquer, and get it by the quart) I still have some black, but hate mixing it up and cleaning a gun.

I REALLY WISH that DUPLICOLOR Lacquer Stuck to Lexan - won't use THAT again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.