R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-17-2011, 05:28 AM   #1816
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 6,918
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatsNorway View Post
Might be a bad picture but my first impression was: banned! typical protoform to make it too low.
might just be an optical illusion - or the simple fact that the chassis underneath isn't a real chassis

even the HPI can get mounted pretty low - I know my camaro sits right on top of the shock tower in the front and I have a ton of wheel rub on the front fenders because of it
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 05:44 AM   #1817
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: NY&FL
Posts: 3,359
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP40X View Post
The AMX was NOT legal for Trans-Am racing. It did not have a rear seat and was shorter than the Javelin. It ran SCCA against Corvettes (2 seat Coupe Class).
True but not relative to the 71-74 body style. AMC won the Trans Am series in 1971 with Mark Donahue driving an AMX, which did have a back seat by then.
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:43 AM   #1818
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 592
Default

MatsNorway;

"Banned - typically protoform to make it too low" Say what?

The J71 is 118mm tall at the center of the roof when mounted properly.
The HPI Camaro is 115mm tall when mounted the same way.

The body was sitting on a AE TC3 chassis for the photo shoot.

I tried to be very carefull with things like that - believe it or not. I don't want to do anything to stink up the show in the VTA class.


Dale Epp - Protoform
daleepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:27 AM   #1819
Tech Champion
 
snoopyrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tunnel Hill GA
Posts: 5,043
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

The shell has already been accepted by the trustee of the Official National rule set, not to mention hundreds if not thousands of VTA racers and its not even on shelves yet. So banned it is obviously not. It is exactly what we have been begging for. Thanks again Dale/Protoform.
__________________
www.battlefieldraceway.com Racing videos at http://www.youtube.com/snoopyrc
snoopyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:18 AM   #1820
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 6,918
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleepp View Post
MatsNorway;

"Banned - typically protoform to make it too low" Say what?

The J71 is 118mm tall at the center of the roof when mounted properly.
The HPI Camaro is 115mm tall when mounted the same way.

The body was sitting on a AE TC3 chassis for the photo shoot.

I tried to be very carefull with things like that - believe it or not. I don't want to do anything to stink up the show in the VTA class.


Dale Epp - Protoform
so Dale, what do you have next on the agenda for VTA? or are you waiting to see how this sells first??
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:34 AM   #1821
Tech Champion
 
snoopyrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tunnel Hill GA
Posts: 5,043
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

It will sell.

I imagine that all depends on how the licensing falls.
__________________
www.battlefieldraceway.com Racing videos at http://www.youtube.com/snoopyrc
snoopyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:36 AM   #1822
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 592
Default

k_bojar;

Sometime between now and friday afternoon I'm going to write a more detailed post regarding this latest Pf body as well as some of my thoughts on the VTA class and future body possibilities.

Since monday my life has been a bit frazzled. (the death of a best friend's mother etc) It's all starting to normalize today.

Thanks for your patience.

Dale - Protoform
daleepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 11:04 AM   #1823
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 6,918
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleepp View Post
k_bojar;

Sometime between now and friday afternoon I'm going to write a more detailed post regarding this latest Pf body as well as some of my thoughts on the VTA class and future body possibilities.

Since monday my life has been a bit frazzled. (the death of a best friend's mother etc) It's all starting to normalize today.

Thanks for your patience.

Dale - Protoform
thanks for the quick response, Dale. i was actually half kidding I love the HPI bodies that exist currently, but there are some that would be cool to see added to the mix

now if you read thru the threads, we need a ford falcon, a cougar
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 11:20 AM   #1824
Tech Elite
 
Grenade10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Posts: 4,667
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
now if you read thru the threads, we need a ford falcon, a cougar
Cougar!!!!!!
__________________
Darkside, Sweep, BSR, Fantom, IGT Hobbies and IGT8
Byrons Fuel, ProtoForm Bodies & Futaba Radio Gear by Choice
Founding Member of CORRC .... 5280raceway
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:32 PM   #1825
Tech Elite
 
squarehead's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Wheaton, Illinois
Posts: 4,210
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead
Thumbs up

A proper BOSS 302 please!



A sharp eye will notice the licensing work-around with the "Javelin." I don't think that will be an issue. Even still, Ford has been VERY open with their licensing packages lately, as shown by the myriad Ford bodies on the market lately by all manufacturers.
__________________
Everything depends.
Nothing is always.
Everything is sometimes.

Last edited by squarehead; 02-17-2011 at 07:48 PM.
squarehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:34 PM   #1826
Tech Elite
 
Timbulb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hovering over your mom's fishtank.
Posts: 2,013
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenade10 View Post
Cougar!!!!!!
x2
Timbulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:17 AM   #1827
Tech Champion
 
snoopyrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tunnel Hill GA
Posts: 5,043
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarehead View Post
A proper BOSS 302 please!



A sharp eye will notice the licensing work-around with the "Javelin." I don't think that will be an issue. Even still, Ford has been VERY open with their licensing packages lately, as shown by the myriad Ford bodies on the market lately by all manufacturers.
I noticed that the word "Javelin" was never used. There is likely no AMC logo anywhere. I wondered if that would be an issue but since That company no longer exist.

I dont think that Pegasus has gotten sued for their licensing woes, but I have often wondered why they havent. Still they never used the proper names for any of their shells.
__________________
www.battlefieldraceway.com Racing videos at http://www.youtube.com/snoopyrc
snoopyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:28 AM   #1828
Tech Champion
 
snoopyrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tunnel Hill GA
Posts: 5,043
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

In the late 80' early 90's there was a company called artgraphics I think, that made these sheets that had silkscreened letters and numbers so you could put your name on your window and stuff. Then they got bolder and started making Sponsor sheets. My local track was running NASCAR style bodies on pan cars in a big concrete Talladega shaped track. Tide sued the pants off of Artgraphics. You would think that they would just work out the license and take the promotion. Guys were still doing Tide based NASCAR themes after that they were just heating up jugs of tide and stealing the real labels off of them. Tide cant sue tide. I guess they can but....
__________________
www.battlefieldraceway.com Racing videos at http://www.youtube.com/snoopyrc
snoopyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:30 AM   #1829
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 6,918
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopyrc View Post
In the late 80' early 90's there was a company called artgraphics I think, that made these sheets that had silkscreened letters and numbers so you could put your name on your window and stuff. Then they got bolder and started making Sponsor sheets. My local track was running NASCAR style bodies on pan cars in a big concrete Talladega shaped track. Tide sued the pants off of Artgraphics. You would think that they would just work out the license and take the promotion. Guys were still doing Tide based NASCAR themes after that they were just heating up jugs of tide and stealing the real labels off of them. Tide cant sue tide. I guess they can but....
i believe the company you are referring to is autographics
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:04 PM   #1830
Tech Master
 
IndyHobbies.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Brownsburg, Indiana
Posts: 1,866
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSeils View Post
69' Camaro

I hope to keep it in one piece for the VTA Nats.

I used Parma's Faspearl Green with a back up of black to get that true 70's green. Custom made vinyl black body stripe and numbers.
What did you use for the "GOODYEAR" on the tires? Don't tell me a yellow paintbrush and a steady hand! Whatever you did, its great.

Here's my 66' Mustang GT. I used Faskolor Key Lime and did a faux carbon fiber on the hood. Ummm, OK, they probably had never heard of carbon fiber, but I liked the look!
Attached Thumbnails
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-mustanggt196602r.jpg  
__________________
Airbrushing Projects: www.indyhobbies.com/Airbrushing.html
"If you’re in control, you’re not going fast enough." – Parnelli Jones
USVTA #144
IndyHobbies.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vintage R/C Discussion/Pics/Selling/Wanted rcaddict Singapore R/C Racers 7289 11-23-2016 09:59 AM
Vintage Trans Am Scottrik Electric On-Road 47 02-24-2012 08:21 AM
Vintage Trans-Am TC hlpressley R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 5 10-23-2008 04:00 PM
Pics of Tony Neisinger's vintage RC12L paint jobs drbelleville Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography 8 07-12-2008 04:09 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:46 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0