Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!] >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree294Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 08:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reenmachine
I emailed HPI begging for more vintage bodies and gave them a link to this thread. I just got a reply:

So, we're at least on the radar! Thank you HPI for checking us out.
Andy H works for HPI in graphic arts. He is a great person to talk to when you need to find out what HPI is doing.

Originally Posted by K_Spec_RC
I'd like to see a 72 Javeline, 70 Boss 302, 70 Camaro (I know Pegasus makes one but I'd like to see how HPI would do) and a 68 Firebird. A Falcon or a Dart would be cool too.
+1 on the 70 Camaro I think HPI would do a Jam up job on that.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snoopyrc

Theres a lot of early 70's cars that I would like to see shells for. Honestly I dont know if they raced TA or not. I would like to see some more Mopar and some early 70's Pontiac TA. Maybe a GTO and a 69 Chevelle. I dont remember seeing either of them in VTA. I would like a 69 Charger to.

And an 87 Buick GNX. (Please no flames) I know its got nothing to do with VTA but I would still like to have one painted up.

Oh 72 Datsun 240z.
That's why we opened things up to vintage bodies in general (pre-'72-ish) as long as they're painted appropriately.

Parma makes a 200mm '57 Chevy...I think this is going to be the inspiration for my next body:

Old 08-11-2008, 08:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have that shell un cut and un painted. Its molded in a way that there are several pieces that have to be glued or taped together. It would look great, but, the shell is really heavy and I dont think it would take the beating that comes with racing.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

New body for vintage after trashing my first, which was an HPI Camaro. This is the Pegasus version of a 1970 Mustang Boss 350 painted with the traditional lines for this body style. Unfortunately Pegasus does not supply stickers and I have not been able to get a hold of the HPI sticker sheet with circles and numbers.

Old 08-12-2008, 12:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

...wouldn't it be cool somebody with a VINYL cutter could make a template for VINTAGE stripe kits and be able to offer them in multi-colors along with the numbers on the circle plates.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

That's why we opened things up to vintage bodies in general (pre-'72-ish) as long as they're painted appropriately.

Parma makes a 200mm '57 Chevy...I think this is going to be the inspiration for my next body:
reenmachine,

James Jackson from LOMPOC did up a couple VINTAGE T/A style bodies and has run them with us up in NIPOMO, but he also had a McAllister 57 FORD body that looked SO sweet going around the track.

He ran the '67 Camaro on the ROAD COURSE, and the 57 Ford in our OVAL Touring Class. Man were they pretty going around the track...
Old 08-12-2008, 05:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by genesisG4
69 and 70 Mustang are nearly identical...bet you are thinking about the 71 to I think 73 Mustang that was the next body style and were ugly in my book.
I used to restore old Mustangs and owned a 69 Grande and a convertable so I know them very well. Actually met my wife there she was a client and had a 66 convertable.

Each 2 year group are similar but have visual differences. The 69 had enough to make it better looking to me

Originally Posted by bkspeedo
New body for vintage after trashing my first, which was an HPI Camaro. This is the Pegasus version of a 1970 Mustang Boss 350 painted with the traditional lines for this body style. Unfortunately Pegasus does not supply stickers and I have not been able to get a hold of the HPI sticker sheet with circles and numbers.

Actually that is a 69 Mustang front end. The 69's had the 4 headlights across the front. The 70 only had the one on the grill and had a fake brake vent look where the outside ones where on the 69.

The rear is tuff to tell in the pics and it's been almost 20 years since I was into them, but the tail lights on the 69 stuck out from the valence and the 70 if I remember correctly where flush, which looks like that body.

First pic 1969 second 1970
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-0708_mufp_02_z-1969_mustang_boss302-track.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-1970mach1tn1.jpg  
Old 08-12-2008, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by robk
Dude is like $8 on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/DRIVER-LIGHTS-Z-...713.m153.l1262
Plus he is way cooler than a lexan driver dude

Also, remind HPI that we need a Javelin. Thank you sir
Thanks for the link....I was wonderin' where you got him from.....LOL

I'll pry some info out of andyh this weekend.....
Old 08-12-2008, 08:30 AM
Tech Addict

Nice Boss.

Any race fans out there know what track this is? ...it's one of the best in the country!
Old 08-12-2008, 01:49 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks Darkside. And by the way it actually worked pretty well too! TQ'd by a lap, but got no turn-marshell help in the main.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

heres my ride.
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-picture-017.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-picture-015.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-picture-014.jpg  
Old 08-12-2008, 09:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigb11
heres my ride.
looks good, marvet
Old 08-13-2008, 06:35 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Flying Monkey
Personally id like to see some Pontiac's brought in.
GTO!

I wouldn't mind seeing a nova in the mix either, just for something different. I don't recall seeing either racing in the 1:1 ta class, but gto & nova are old classic muscle.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Thumbs up

GTOs and Novas aren't really T/A eligible. I don't see why HPI would invest in something that wouldn't be popular (or legal). The AMX makes a LOT of sense, considering the licensing hurdles than need to be taken. I think the Pontiac Firebird is a likely extension of the current '68 Camaro, given the work previously done by USVTA Nationals Concours winner JohnnySocko (add-on nose piece and decals).

Outside of the Firebird and Javelin, the '70 Boss 302 and '68 Cougar are probably reasonable options or requests. I know the HPI guys are always checking into this thread, so the buttons are definitely being pushed.

I'd definitely love to see a couple more options that have the HPI quality level. The Parma/Pegasus options just don't look the part IMO, and it would be nice to see a few other choices for this class.

d
Old 08-13-2008, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
GTOs and Novas aren't really T/A eligible. I don't see why HPI would invest in something that wouldn't be popular (or legal). The AMX makes a LOT of sense, considering the licensing hurdles than need to be taken. I think the Pontiac Firebird is a likely extension of the current '68 Camaro, given the work previously done by USVTA Nationals Concours winner JohnnySocko (add-on nose piece and decals).

Outside of the Firebird and Javelin, the '70 Boss 302 and '68 Cougar are probably reasonable options or requests. I know the HPI guys are always checking into this thread, so the buttons are definitely being pushed.

I'd definitely love to see a couple more options that have the HPI quality level. The Parma/Pegasus options just don't look the part IMO, and it would be nice to see a few other choices for this class.

d

I have to disagree on the pegasus 70 Camaro personally. I think they did a really good job on it. Only thing is it looks a tad big. But other then that its been a good body to me so far. but yes Id love to see HPI make 1.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.