Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!] >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree294Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Keep the faith, guys. I know of at least another TWO VTA bodies in the pipeline and they aren't Camaros or Mustangs... and there are still 10x more bodies right now to use than standard rubber tire carpet touring choices. VTA is still a far more interesting class than just about everything else out there in electric racing today.
Old 11-20-2010, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
whoa...lil buddy.....no way.....not even close...

Bolink part numbers:
BL2262 '68 Chevrolet Camaro
BL2263 '65 Ford Mustang

HPI part numbers:
17510 - 1970 Plymouth AAR 'Cuda
17519 - 1966 Ford Mustang GT
17508 - 1965 Ford Shelby GT-350
7494 - 1968 Chevrolet Camaro

Parma part numbers:
10143 - 1969 Z28 Camaro
10141 - 1970 Boss Mustang
10113 - 1970 'Cuda

Pegasus Hobbies part numbers:
PGH4001 - 1970 Camaro SS
PGH4002 - 1970 'Cuda
PGH4003 - 1970 Mustang

thats 12 bodies to choice from and unlimited paint schemes to do....plus when you add the 2 new HPI bodies, thats 14....I know we are still looking at Chevy,Ford, and Dodge...but its better than basic one choice in TC with a possible 2nd.....thats also why I run RCGT bodies in TC...more choices

no comparing to TC at all....

Oh yeah big buddy, (sticking to the rules) a little more diversity than Touring Car blobs....but not by much. ....and not even CLOSE to the diversity of bodies available for RCGT.

Currently available:

5 Mustangs
4 Camaros
3 'Cudas

I know that they're molding what sold as popular cars on the road during the 60's, but as has been noted time and time again, that's NO WHERE CLOSE to how many cool cars from the era that there are, and that many have been asking for.
Old 11-20-2010, 01:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Buckaroo
I know that they're molding what sold as popular cars on the road during the 60's, but as has been noted time and time again, that's NO WHERE CLOSE to how many cool cars from the era that there are, and that many have been asking for.
No, the cars in this class are cars that actually raced in the Trans Am series in the late 60s. There weren't 100 cars to choose from—only a handful, and really, how many cars do you need to chose from?

If body diversity is what you are after, RCGT is about the only class in all of RC racing that offers the type of options you want.

I guess there will always be something to complain about, eh?
Old 11-20-2010, 02:01 PM
Tech Adept

academygaz, where did you get those pics of that new '65 Mustang? They are not on the HPI site. Do you know when HPI plans on having it in stock? They are notorious for allowing a VTA body to be shown on forums like this and then taking months and months and months to finally release it to the public.

ApexSpeed, are the 2 new VTA bodies you refer to HPI bodies? I certainly hope so, but again the question is how long are we going to have to wait to be able to get them? We have had the same 3 or 4 bodies now for a few years; the '66 Mustang, '68 Camaro, '70 Cuda, '67 Vette. about time we got some new blood; I just hope they don't make us wait too long. My club races VTA and we are anxious to have some different bodies than the same old, same old.
Old 11-20-2010, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Enforcerman
ApexSpeed, are the 2 new VTA bodies you refer to HPI bodies? I certainly hope so, but again the question is how long are we going to have to wait to be able to get them? We have had the same 3 or 4 bodies now for a few years; the '66 Mustang, '68 Camaro, '70 Cuda, '67 Vette. about time we got some new blood; I just hope they don't make us wait too long. My club races VTA and we are anxious to have some different bodies than the same old, same old.
I can't say at this point, but one is from a company who has not produced a VTA body yet. Let's just say that I have high expectations for this one.

There have always been more than 4 bodies available, and not including the '67 Corvette as it was never legal for USVTA racing.
Old 11-20-2010, 02:31 PM
Tech Adept

You are right that the Corvette was not an actual Trans Am car; I just included it because it was from that era and is a cool looking car.

Having said that, the reason I mentioned only those 4 bodies is because they are from HPI, and from what I've seen they are the only decent looking VTA bodies. I'm sorry, but the Parma bodies are not good looking and are not scale or detailed like the HPI's. The McAllister bodies aren't much better.

Who else makes a decent looking VTA body? Too bad Tamiya doesn't; their bodies are always beautiful and scale looking with great detail!
Old 11-20-2010, 02:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yes there is bodies to choose from,but they are mustangs,cuda's,camaro's just differents years of each.What racers are hoping for is some of other the bodied cars that ran in the series also chevelle's ran it cougers ran it amx javlin ran it.But the RC body companys who makes the bodys have to look at if a bodies will sell or not per thier investment of making different bodies for the us/vta class,guys and gals face it it all boils down the dollors and cents.
Old 11-20-2010, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mojo 309
also chevelle's ran it cougers ran it amx javlin ran it.
Yes, there was a Cougar team and the AMX Penske cars, but no Chevelles, and very limited other cars in the series, as it was really open to pony cars during the "Golden Era."

Boss 302s, a Firebird, Javelins, Cougars would all be welcome additions to the list of available bodies, but man, complaining about the lack of fringe body styles is getting kind of old.
Old 11-20-2010, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
Yes, there was a Cougar team and the AMX Penske cars, but no Chevelles, and very limited other cars in the series, as it was really open to pony cars during the "Golden Era."

Boss 302s, a Firebird, Javelins, Cougars would all be welcome additions to the list of available bodies, but man, complaining about the lack of fringe body styles is getting kind of old.
Then you'll never get it.
Old 11-20-2010, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Buckaroo
Then you'll never get it.

You have no idea how funny that is.
Old 11-20-2010, 04:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed

You have no idea how funny that is.
LOL

Anywho, the Pegasus bodies are actually pretty good, the Mustang is the closest thing to a Boss, and the 70 camaro has really good front end detail. It's one of my favorites, just hard to get a hold of sometimes.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

"

Boss 302s, a Firebird, Javelins, Cougars would all be welcome additions to the but man, complaining about the lack of fringe body styles is getting kind of old.[/QUOTE]

Who is or was complaining? i just think it would be cool to see and race some other style of bodies is what i am saying. Anyway the us/vta class is a great class to race in,it brought back the fun in rc racing for me, personaly the fun factor has been lacking over the past several years.The rules for the class are good and the competition level of the cars are equal for everyone.driving skill and car set up is what wins races in this class.

Last edited by mojo 309; 11-20-2010 at 05:30 PM.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:03 PM
Tech Adept

academygaz where are you? I still want to know where you got those pictures of that new '66 Mustang Coupe from HPI that you posted earlier, and how soon we can expect it to be available.

More info please!
Old 11-21-2010, 07:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

New Paint for next years racing series for me

Old 11-21-2010, 07:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

The Pegasus Mustang is an AWESOME body, but cutting your own paint mask isn't something I miss about 'RC back in the day'. I mean C'mon Pegasus, get your shit together.

Great looking Cuda there Dodgeboy...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.