Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!] >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree294Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 03:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Condor Speed
He was referring to my login name.
What red paint is that????? Excellent work!!!!!!!!
Old 05-14-2014, 03:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by THEBIGBULL
What red paint is that????? Excellent work!!!!!!!!
Candy orange
Old 05-14-2014, 04:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theproffesor
Every body I paint has alot of work in it. I like having a good looking body on the track. It doesnt matter what kind of race it is. One color bomb paint jobs get under my skin. I realize that not everyone can airbrush bodies themselves, or pay someone else to do it, but it just erks me when I see someone not want to take enough time to even mask off the widows or put any decals on. If all you can manage for whatever reason is one color, thats fine. Take some time with the mask and decals at least. Put on the lights and widow trim. It really helps those bodies look better. I realize some my bodies dont fit the suggested guidlines for the class, but then again niether does a car without headlights or windows. I also get the idea of a practice body, but dont most of use just use a old beat up body for that anyway?

We cant be too scared to mess these bodies up (within reason, replacing after one or two races is excessive) Thats what they are there for. Besides, a destroyed body just gives me an excuse to come up with a new paint scheme.
Look when I say one color wonder, I still expect good use of all the resources that the Epps or HPI gave you to make it look good. That means window mask and trim decals in full effect. Most of my shells are pretty elaborate as well. I have been a concourse semi finalist at the Southern Nationals and have been the only car in VTA to include full headlights and working brakelights for more than one year. That being said I don't expect everyone to go through that kind of pain just for club races. VTA is not the place for shells with no windows, headlights or grill.

Last edited by snoopyrc; 05-14-2014 at 06:11 PM.
Old 05-14-2014, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

I get ya. I dont annoyed at one color neccessarily. They can be, with the right acutraman some of the best looking bodies out there. Functioning headlights dont hurt and are definately cool. I was mainly refering to the bodies that look like they were plasti-dipped and habe no details added. But hell that better than some SCT bodies ive seen. They didnt even take the protective film off. No paint, no mask, no decals. Just drilled some body post holes and threw it on the track.
Old 05-14-2014, 06:27 PM
Tech Champion

Yeah. You gotta show SOME love. I really think if you don't like something of realistic bodies in your races then USVTA and USGT are not for you.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:04 PM
Tech Initiate

One colour wonders annoy the hell out of me too. Thankfully not too many people have them at our track. Now that being said, my current bodies are both one solid colour, but I mask the windows and make use of all the decals that are included with the bodies. My USGT car even has head and fog lights now.

Too bad they don't still look this good. I'm kind of rough on bodies.
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-yxkavua.jpg  
Old 05-14-2014, 10:08 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Grauwulf
One colour wonders annoy the hell out of me too. Thankfully not too many people have them at our track. Now that being said, my current bodies are both one solid colour, but I mask the windows and make use of all the decals that are included with the bodies. My USGT car even has head and fog lights now.

Too bad they don't still look this good. I'm kind of rough on bodies.
To me those are right there in the sweet spot for club racing. Sure it's one color, but it's fully trimmed out. It looks good but you don't have to have that heart ache when it takes its first bad lick. Save the really pretty ones for big races where there is lots of appreciation and lots of pictures before it gets beaten.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:10 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks! All I do is club race, I've only been involved at one 'Event' and that was held at our track. I'm still relatively new to painting bodies, the Mustang is only the second body I've done and was done in a hurry, and the Ford GT is my third.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default VTA Bodies

Here are some VTA bodies I have painted for my customers...

https://www.facebook.com/sharkbait.designworks
#sharkbaitdesignworks
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-camaro-pinstriping-2.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-2013-01-16_16-01-42_334.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-camaro-custom-grill-insert.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-20140213_150913.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-20140213_150926.jpg  

Old 05-15-2014, 01:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default VTA Bodies

And my personal VTA body...Club raced this one at Charlie Barnes' King of Cal Race last month.

#sharkbaitdesignworks
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-20140413_112141_resized.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-20140413_112151_resized.jpg  

Last edited by r450racer; 05-15-2014 at 01:35 PM.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:42 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Grauwulf
Thanks! All I do is club race, I've only been involved at one 'Event' and that was held at our track. I'm still relatively new to painting bodies, the Mustang is only the second body I've done and was done in a hurry, and the Ford GT is my third.
If you like club racing, I suggest you go to a big event. Even if you think you are not up to it. There is always someone else who is new or rusty. They are always fun and worth it. At least that's my experience.

Originally Posted by r450racer
And my personal VTA body...Club raced this one at Charlie Barnes' King of Cal Race last month.

#sharkbaitdesignworks
Those are all great work. My Favorite so far is the Camaro. That looks like Southern Nationals material right there.
Old 05-15-2014, 02:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by r450racer

#sharkbaitdesignworks
Very nice! I love the Gulf scheme! Here's mine I did a while back, its well raced now though. Its a shame I no longer have a VTA car, its just sitting around. I really miss the class

Old 05-16-2014, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

Speaking of Camaro spellings...I'm working on a "KISS Kamaro"...more to come.
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-056.jpg  

Last edited by IndyHobbies.com; 05-18-2014 at 07:00 AM.
Old 05-17-2014, 09:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

has anyone tried the new duratrax paints yet?
Old 05-17-2014, 10:08 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by buckeye dan
has anyone tried the new duratrax paints yet?
I would expect them to be EXACTLY like the Pactra paint...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.