Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!] >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree294Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 06:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer
Originally Posted by MARCELO CAMPOS
Hi guys.

This is my Dodge Charger but this one is not for race. I boght another body but i want to know if i can use it to run in USVTA series!
... That model year Dodge Charger was not run in the Trans American series of the late 60's-early 70's (Pony Cars). It would have been run in NASCAR. (muscle cars). Here is a link to the current USVTA rules including legal bodies (http://www.usvintagetransam.com/rules/index.html)

Having said that, many local clubs allow other 60's-70's bodies to run in their VTA class. I would approach your local club and check with them. Personally if someone showed up at my local club with that body painted like a VTA race car (with numbers in white circles), I would let it run. It certainly wouldn't have any advantage over any other body.

BTW, nice paint on the body you posted.
Hey Marcelo, that is one great looking Dodge Charger body! Like IndyRC said check with your local club and most likely they will let you run a Charger in VTA.

Take a look at the list of cars that ran in the real U.S. Trans Am races at this web page --> http://www.historictransam.com/Cars.html
Old 11-01-2012, 07:09 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi my friend WWDDWW34.

Thank you...

Well i love this body, very easy to set up in the chassis, cut and paint. The body set came with decals (two optinos of front light and tail light), white or black rear strips, and window masks...

Maybe i change the color scheme but i still don't know what is the best choice to my Charger...

Marcelo
Old 11-01-2012, 07:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Here in Brazil don't exist this RC catogory. It's a personal project that i want to do to race one day in US... I'm build this car to race USVTA according the rule book.

Until this day i'm race here in a improvised track...

Marcelo
Old 11-01-2012, 07:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Here in Brazil don't exist this RC catogory. It's a personal project that i want to do to race one day in US... I'm build this car to race USVTA according the rule book.

Until this day i'm race here in a improvised track...

Marcelo
Marcelo what is the racing scene like where you are in Brazil? Since there is no VTA class at all, I bet if you put a VTA car together and leave it on your pit space then other racers will ask about it and you can get a class started. Around here VTA is one of the strongest classes. On the other hand, if you want to run that Charger shell in the US, it is perfectly legal to run in the USGT class. Maybe at a slight aerodynamic disadvantage.

Originally Posted by BullFrog
The drivers figure is cute. But theyare supposed to be realistic? Maybe I can find a Buggy Bunny ,Daffy Duck or Elmer Fud.
I have been using Snoopy heads where I can find them. At the Southern Nationals I used a Snoopy head that I molded myself but it looked funny rolling across the track by itself. The headless Snoopy still at large on the track.

That Rugrat is not the first I have seen used as a driver. George had on on his F103.

That Charger is great but I think this will be my next USGT shell.

Last edited by snoopyrc; 11-01-2012 at 07:58 AM.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

My point is they are NOT realistic. I 've seen the same thing done with the the 1/12th back in the old days when we had to have a drivers figuire. We had several threw the years do something like what was shown in the camaro. If you require a drivers figuire it should be realistic otherwise change the rules.
Oh I've only just gotten a VTA and it is a realistic #42 Cuda by Dan Gurney and Swede Savage.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:33 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi guys. Well here in Brazil most of racers have pan cars and some 1/8 race cars. 1/10 cars are for drift and some GT races...VTA class none!!!

I'll do it because i like the scheme colors, stickers etc. BTW, i told the wrong name of the stickers maker: CUSTOM RACING STICKERS BY CARL...Sorry about tha Carl!!!

USGT class i don't know yet but my wish is run this car in a USVTA race. I don't know if i can run with this shell in some tracks in Florida!!!

Thanks guys.

MArcelo
Old 11-01-2012, 10:06 AM
Tech Adept

... my wish is run this car in a USVTA race. I don't know if i can run with this shell in some tracks in Florida!!!

Thanks guys.

MArcelo
Hey Marcelo, most of the racetracks that have a VTA class will welcome you to run your Sprint 2 with a Dodge Charger body. The track that I've been to in Florida will allow 1st time VTA racers to run pretty much any car body as long as it was in 1960-1970 era.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Ohhhhh that's a good new!!!

I'll build this car during next week. I am not decide the color scheme. First i want it like Richard Petty Charger but the blue that i have is lighter. So i'm searching the best scheme for my Charger.

Marcelo

More pics:

The first color scheme that i saw:

Marcelo
Old 11-01-2012, 11:46 AM
Tech Champion

is that a freakin Chevelle?
Old 11-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by BullFrog
My point is they are NOT realistic. I 've seen the same thing done with the the 1/12th back in the old days when we had to have a drivers figuire. We had several threw the years do something like what was shown in the camaro. If you require a drivers figuire it should be realistic otherwise change the rules.
Oh I've only just gotten a VTA and it is a realistic #42 Cuda by Dan Gurney and Swede Savage.
I'm sorry that it bothers you. I totally disagree, if you ever stage a race you are entitled to require the driver figure to be specific. I think the rules are awesome the way thye are. I realize that there are guys that want everything to be scale and correct livery and everything perfect, but I think that Orange Camaro is the Bomb. I love it just the way it is. Its just a matter of where you like the line to be drawn. Some guys want it all perfectly period correct. Others want it to be completely relaxed. I guess I am in between. I think you should go for the simple paint shemes like Shelby stripes and not more than three colors on one shell. No easter egg paint jobs, but I don't want any new restrictions on the driver.

Still think that rugrat is hilarious.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Personally I have no problem if people get creative with their driver's figures in VTA as long as they have a driver's helmet. The Rug Rats baby in the orange Camaro needs to be safe afterall.

Seriously though, I think that if you do put a driver's figure in your VTA it must have a helmet. Even the race car driver's in the 60's had enough sense to wear helmets. I'm not suggesting changing the official rules. However if someone chooses to use a creative figure, we should at least be able to pick on them if it doesn't have a helmet (assuming it is in good fun).

An easy place to finds helmets is Pez Dispensers (Nascar or Football).
Old 11-01-2012, 03:33 PM
Tech Champion

I didnt know it was a Rugrat...I thought it was a mini Scott...lol..
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-entries-.jpg  
Old 11-01-2012, 04:10 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Myron I think its a NOVA you tought the same thing I did how do I get one lol

Bullfrog you need to lighten up a bit about the driver buddy we are just trying to Have some fun with a vague rule that we can bend not break
If you want to run a real looking driver great
I think I'm gonna change my guy he sucks lately can't keep up with
Dave and now he keeps hitting sh1+ I think it cause his head is bouncing
Around and looking sideways lmao
I would like to find a bevis or a buthead
Old 11-01-2012, 04:13 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
is that a freakin Chevelle?
I tried to zoom in I can't tell if it says chevelle or chevorlet
Old 11-01-2012, 04:19 PM
Tech Addict

This body isn't a Kamtec. This body is made here in Brazil by BOLHAPOINT:

www.bolhapoint.com.br
Hey Dave - You should jump on that site and see if they'll do your dream car TA body!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.