Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!] >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree294Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 07:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
my wife like the colors...
I like it too. Tell here thanks.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:06 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wolvesbane
Cool body JKyte5! Here`s a shell I did recently, I know it`s not VTA legal, but sorta belongs here I think.
Wow great pint job
Makes me think of the movie DC CAB
Looks great
Old 05-29-2012, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

I think you guys will like this...

I live on the west side of Indianapolis. My wife and I got invited to the Indy 500 Breakfast this past Saturday morning at the track by a very kind man. We knew their would be Indy car drivers around, so I wanted to take something for them to sign. I took a HPI 67 Corvette body I had painted but not run at the track. (There's pictures of it further back in this thread HERE. Our track allowed them for VTA.)

After leaving the breakfast, we wandered the area around Gasoline Alley with garage/pit passes we'd been given. We ran into Tony Kanaan and Graham Rahal and we'd met Johnny Rutherford at the breakfast. They all signed the Corvette body!

Johnny Rutherford took some time to sign it. He thought the Corvette body was "really neat." I was a happy camper for sure. Martin Plowman sat with us at the Breakfast. He's an American Le Mans driver and also runs R/C! He signed it too (on the other side).

I was rooting for Tony Kanaan Sunday. Not because of getting an autograph, I just think he's make a great winner, and its got to be his time at some point to win at Indy.

When we got home, my son said, "you aren't going to run that body are you Dad?" I played him for a while and told him, "well, that's what I painted it for, autographs or no autographs." I had him going. I finally told him no I wouldn't, its going on a shelf.

Maybe I can get some more drivers to sign it next year. Hope so!

Scott

Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-corvetteindyautographs.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-indy500breakfastscottdixon.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-corvetteindyautographs%2520002r.jpg  

Last edited by IndyHobbies.com; 05-29-2012 at 08:32 AM.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

thats cool Scott...
Old 05-29-2012, 11:46 AM
Tech Champion

thats cool Scott...
+1

Once you run out of realistate for signatures, just do another shell. Don't let that one get too crowded.

I want to thank you for doing this because it raises awareness of our sport to high profile people in a more prominent form of racing. Not that your motives were entirely selfless, but this is still good for all of us.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:41 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by IndyHobbies.com

I live on the west side of Indianapolis. My wife and I got invited to the Indy 500 Breakfast this past Saturday morning at the track by a very kind man. We knew their would be Indy car drivers around, so I wanted to take something for them to sign. I took a HPI 67 Corvette body I had painted but not run at the track. (There's pictures of it further back in this thread HERE. Our track allowed them for VTA.)

After leaving the breakfast, we wandered the area around Gasoline Alley with garage/pit passes we'd been given. We ran into Tony Kanaan and Graham Rahal and we'd met Johnny Rutherford at the breakfast. They all signed the Corvette body!

Johnny Rutherford took some time to sign it. He thought the Corvette body was "really neat." I was a happy camper for sure. Martin Plowman sat with us at the Breakfast. He's an American Le Mans driver and also runs R/C! He signed it too (on the other side).

I was rooting for Tony Kanaan Sunday. Not because of getting an autograph, I just think he's make a great winner, and its got to be his time at some point to win at Indy.

When we got home, my son said, "you aren't going to run that body are you Dad?" I played him for a while and told him, "well, that's what I painted it for, autographs or no autographs." I had him going. I finally told him no I wouldn't, its going on a shelf.

Scott

Great idea! Definitely easier than carrying around a used racing slick.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:39 PM
Tech Adept

Scott

Nice story, and a good looking Corvette, kinda reminds me of when my brother bought his old Grave Digger body and Wheely King and got it signed by all three Andersons. Pretty cool stuff
Old 05-30-2012, 01:54 PM
Tech Adept

Scott

Nice story, and a good looking Corvette, kinda reminds me of when my brother bought his old Grave Digger body and Wheely King to a Monster Jam show and got it signed by all three Andersons. Pretty cool stuff
Old 05-31-2012, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

I used Tamiya paint on this body too...

Which blue is that?
Old 06-01-2012, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by hotrodchevy14
I used Tamiya paint on this body too...
Which blue is that?
That color is Tamiya Item #86003 - PS-3 Light Blue.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:56 PM
Tech Champion

bingo
Old 06-01-2012, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wwddww34

Thank you !
Old 06-02-2012, 10:57 AM
Tech Initiate

I'm a newb with painting but this looks close to the Grabber Blue I'm looking for my HPI Mustang body. Would you just start mixing in a little black to darken it or is there something else I should do?

Old 06-02-2012, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CajunJoe
I'm a newb with painting but this looks close to the Grabber Blue I'm looking for my HPI Mustang body. Would you just start mixing in a little black to darken it or is there something else I should do?

Tamiya paints are rattle cans...shake it and spray it.
Old 06-02-2012, 02:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks. Told you I was a newb! Guess I'll just have to start mixing blues and white until I get it right.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.