Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!] >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]

Like Tree294Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]

Old 04-21-2009, 07:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

thats to pretty...I would love to mix paint with that one..lol
Old 04-21-2009, 07:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jhwnissan
I agree.. lets take it back. I have actually seen pics up here in detroit of someone who turned a new challenger into a general lee. It was truely one of a kind.
Actually thats an option right from the factory,I stopped at a dealer the other day because they had one sitting out front.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

No kidding? kool beans
Old 04-21-2009, 12:39 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
I would love to mix paint with that one..lol
You wont get a chance for a while. Im going to drive it at local car shows and rod runs for a while to kind of demo what we do then after its got its share of scratches on it I will put a number on the side and trade paint.

I still have some shells to trade paint with.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:28 PM
Tech Champion

got some pics posted of the 2009 USVTA NATS...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ml#post5714568
Old 04-27-2009, 07:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Be kind on my masking skills, it's been a dozen years since I've actually painted an RC body
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-img_7597s.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-img_7601s.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-img_7604s.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-img_7608s.jpg  
Old 04-27-2009, 09:43 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Thirtybird
Be kind on my masking skills, it's been a dozen years since I've actually painted an RC body
Your masking skills suck! Just kidding the car looks great. I was just wondering why it was so terrible to have the center pulley above the motor like that. It seems like a small sacrifice to have the heavier motor centered in the chassis. The pulley cant be that much of a detriment to the center of gravity. I wonder why they stuck it on the side, and if a newer version is that much easier to balance.

Maybe thats it. Maybe having the motor off to the left helps balance the battery.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
Your masking skills suck! Just kidding the car looks great. I was just wondering why it was so terrible to have the center pulley above the motor like that. It seems like a small sacrifice to have the heavier motor centered in the chassis. The pulley cant be that much of a detriment to the center of gravity. I wonder why they stuck it on the side, and if a newer version is that much easier to balance.

Maybe thats it. Maybe having the motor off to the left helps balance the battery.
Thanks

I think it's because with round cells, saddle packs are a pain, and running the battery across the width of the car puts the weight higher and too much weight outboard. You're right though, the weight distribution is outstanding - right up the center of the chasis (it's a little off as my receiver should be on the right). My personal opinion is that Losi has it right with the JRXS Type R - your heavy components dead-center and low in the chasis instead of way outboard like a TC5 or 416.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:46 PM
Tech Champion

back to basic...outdoor season is here and Im starting off with my OG paint scheme..and TC3 with 27t......which we had 4-5 white 65 Mustangs GT;s at our 1st race...lets see how many this time...lol
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-darkside-racing-004.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-darkside-racing-002.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-darkside-racing-009.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-darkside-racing-001.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-darkside-racing-006.jpg  

Last edited by DARKSIDE; 04-28-2009 at 05:30 PM.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Mikey M
Just thought I would share a picture of my latest 'cuda.
Saw you race at MMR. Car looks great!
Old 04-28-2009, 05:34 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Miller1

Quick paint job!..not the best but it will work!
man I would hate to see if you had a little time...really nice job...Im working on getting the bumpers down without using the sticker...it never looks right..EVER...LOL

any tips?
Old 04-28-2009, 06:06 PM
Tech Champion

man I would hate to see if you had a little time...really nice job...Im working on getting the bumpers down without using the sticker...it never looks right..EVER...LOL

any tips?

For real. Masking out those bumpers for chrome paint is tedious at best. I dont know if you (Miller1) are using a plotter or what but those windows look great, like Dodgeboys.

Darkside your latest Mustang is working for me. Pretty enough to gaze at. Home made wing there for performance, plain enough to race and take a beating. Plus its got your trademark wheels, which are much easier on the eyes than Dirlas trademark paintjob. (Sorry Robert)
Old 04-28-2009, 06:32 PM
Tech Champion

you meen this thing?

and this is from the 1st TA race...how many white Mustangs can you find..glad I didnt like the blue stripes...lol
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-img_6419.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]-2008_may_18_016_transam.jpg  
Old 04-28-2009, 06:56 PM
Tech Champion

you meen this thing?
Yup thats it! That thing hurts my eyes. To his credit you know who's car it is even if you have never met him in person. I think the blue center in the Vintage wheels will do the same for you.

Last edited by snoopyrc; 04-28-2009 at 07:17 PM.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
For real. Masking out those bumpers for chrome paint is tedious at best. I dont know if you (Miller1) are using a plotter or what but those windows look great, like Dodgeboys.

Darkside your latest Mustang is working for me. Pretty enough to gaze at. Home made wing there for performance, plain enough to race and take a beating. Plus its got your trademark wheels, which are much easier on the eyes than Dirlas trademark paintjob. (Sorry Robert)
hey hey hey that is a 20 year old tradition..... but everybody knows it's me even on the national level. I heard a guy up in WI running a white yellow blue fade and someone asked if I was there. heard he painted a new body soon after that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.