Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question about 1/10 Yokomo EP kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 08:21 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? Question about 1/10 Yokomo EP kit

I am currently having a Yokomo MRTC world edition, I understand it's a little bit old. Therefore I am thinking to buy a new one.

I current found an affordable deals from internet

Yokomo BD
Yokomo LCG

I found them fairly similar apart from the position of the battery. Then I checked the Yokomo US website, they are selling the Yokomo BDM.... now I am confused.

Which one is the later release ? BD or LCG ?

I have been reading through threads in the forum, drivers normally pick Xray & Tamiya trf, TC & HB cars even for novice drivers... I couldn't find more information about Yokomo...

Is Yokomo's getting worse or something? I don't know much as I stopped a few years ago, but that time Yokomo was very popular and quick car in competition.

hope some Pros can leave some advices.

Cheers,
Cire

Last edited by niscire; 07-22-2008 at 08:41 AM.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

LCG is a version of the shaft car. Not currently used by the team as far as I know.

BDM is the Masami edition of the BD so more recent.

Having said that, the rumour is that Yokomo will have a new touring car out very shortly, so I would hold onto your wallet for the time being if you are a dedicated Yokomo fan.

Although any of the current cars can be competitive in the right hands.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by niscire
I am currently having a Yokomo MRTC world edition, I understand it's a little bit old. Therefore I am thinking to buy a new one.

I current found an affordable deals from internet

Yokomo BD
Yokomo LCG

I found them fairly similar apart from the position of the battery. Then I checked the Yokomo US website, they are selling the Yokomo BDM.... now I am confused.

Which one is the later release ? BD or LCG ?

I have been reading through threads in the forum, drivers normally pick Xray & Tamiya trf, TC & HB cars even for novice drivers... I couldn't find more information about Yokomo...

Is Yokomo's getting worse or something? I don't know much as I stopped a few years ago, but that time Yokomo was very popular and quick car in competition.

hope some Pros can leave some advices.

Cheers,
Cire

There is nothing wrong with the BD, except for the fact that there are rumors of a new Yok tourer coming.... I have been racing the BD this past year with good results so if you can get a really good deal on one, don't hesitate to buy it....
Old 07-22-2008, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default bd

of course I'm biased on my reply......I've tried too many cars to list.
my favorite by far are the Yoks.
the BDM doesn't need any hop ups...
probably only a spring set and a wide bumper.

the current Yok lineup is more for asphalt racing thus the chassis have flex.
The LCG has the most flex of the two.

Parts for the BD are probably easier to find/order. Yokomo USA usually has parts for the BD in stock if not there are several other sources. check to see if your LHS can order from Yokomo.
Drivetrain parts for the LCG are the same as current SD series parts so quite easy to find, but keep in mind gear ratio is 2.35 so not the best at running stock brushless. BD will allow a greater adjustable with spur gear selections.

A lipo battery fits easily into the chassis. Take a look at the BD thread for pics.

BD is a bit easier to setup than the LCG, but for the most part based on the same platform as someone mentioned earlier.

The current suspension parts are pretty tough, (think I've only broken 1 arm).
always have a few extra steering plates in your parts box, other than that a super amount of parts are not needed.

and to top it off the car is pure eye candy.

look around at the track and get feel for what might be best for you in the long run....

but I'm sure you keep wanting a Yok in the long run