Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MY NEW CARBON FIBRE TT-01

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 06:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

LATC3, I was referring to how on other cars, they have adjustable toe blocks.

I had to restrain myself from writing a rant about your posts, don't get me started.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

what is it about the cars that i own listed in the signature? lol those are all UNIQUE best tamiya cars.

what do you have to say mr. moo

what do you mean your a "nobody" I'm a nobody to some other threads as well nothin wrong with jumpin in a conversation
Old 07-24-2008, 06:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LATC3
VERY well said

....if you buy a tt01 or any other cheap car its COOL! get to know the hobby.

but when start dumping money in it, your pressing the gas with money flying out the window in a dead end street.
I was amused at the mental picture and sort of disgusted by this-- this mentality is why there is an argument right now. I was mistaken though, it was not your posts that were really fueling much here. Just that I wrote that whole long posts so that hopefully both sides can see where the other is coming from.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:27 PM
Tech Addict

Dunno why some are so vehement about it ...the treadstarter just wanted to share his pride and joy ...he did not even hint that his bling out TT01 is better than TRF<insert car here> anyway.

There are alot of people who soup up their Civics, Lancers and family saloon to street specs, the amount of money they spent could easily buy an Evo IX / X or WRX STI ...go try telling them they are 'foolish' !

Anyway, it IS 32819toon's money and he can spend it any which way he sees fit or wishes ! ...who are we/you to tell him otherwise ?
Old 07-25-2008, 12:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

if you soup up a civic with a b20 turbo with stage3 parts it would be WAYYY less then a sti.

and those are REAL cars your talking about you cannot even compare.

all I'm sayin is way throw money down the drian lmao its cool man no get upset its just a thread about a pointless chassis that rapes people pockets!

by the way nice display pic! is that a yokomo yr-f2 fwd? very RARE! well that could smoke my ff01 any day
Old 07-25-2008, 01:05 AM
Tech Addict

if you soup up a civic with a b20 turbo with stage3 parts it would be WAYYY less then a sti.

and those are REAL cars your talking about you cannot even compare.

all I'm sayin is way throw money down the drian lmao its cool man no get upset its just a thread about a pointless chassis that rapes people pockets!

by the way nice display pic! is that a yokomo yr-f2 fwd? very RARE! well that could smoke my ff01 any day
Not so sure if that EK6 has NOS installed ! ...I've seen some of them go in a straight line on a clear road ! (btw, ...I drive a MY06 WRX)

Dun worry, I'm all cool ! I just disagree respectfully with your views on the TT01, ...I got a couple of them and they serve an excellent task when I needed fuss-free bashing ...for days when I didn't wanna bother with cars setups or worry if my car got tweaked from a hit ...that's the car that gets running.
Of course, I still have my high-end cars for the serious races or where street cred is required

Yup, tells me alot about your age if you're able to recognise that Yok !
She's a display shelf queen and never been runned ...would have spended $$$$ on her if the blings were available

btw ...isn't it the wee hours of the morning over your side of the world ?

Last edited by Ghostfit; 07-28-2008 at 09:21 PM.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

OKOKOK lol you said it. the tamiya tt01 is only good for BASHING! and i agreeee That sums it all up for ME!

wrx? that's sick! nice car man there fast and some of the BEST handling cars on the road these days. you wouldn't believe how fast i seen a porsche switch lanes the other day i bet your car could do just as good!

shelf queen! i think you should give her some runs then put it on the shelf! why? because i wana know how smooth that yok is! I'm REAALLLYYY huge fan of front mounted motor front wheel drive RC! i love scale cars man its just awsome crusing a car 10 times smaller with the SAME drive train as the real car! (THAT'S WHY TAMIYA IS THE BEST RC COMPANY IN THE WORLD).

also i love my three speed manual tranny tamiya highlift there nothing like shiftin gears in your rc!

by the way its 1:20am not so late. how about your time?
Old 07-25-2008, 04:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

But a TT-01 can be driven into a wall and not break either. At least in stock form, I know from experience.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Very nice carbon-fibre deck bro!
Old 07-28-2008, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cheerwhiner
But a TT-01 can be driven into a wall and not break either. At least in stock form, I know from experience.
Hell yes, it's nigh on indestructible. The only thing that shits me is the screws that strip on the back of the chassis where the gear cover attaches
Old 07-28-2008, 09:19 PM
Tech Addict

OKOKOK lol you said it. the tamiya tt01 is only good for BASHING! and i agreeee That sums it all up for ME!

by the way its 1:20am not so late. how about your time?
Not quite ! ...in the Tamiya Asia Cup (TAC) series we have here, the stock class (TT01 with Stock silvercan) racers are posting times comparable with the GT class (TA05, TB02, etc with Stock 23T) on technical tracks.

Even during bashing (casual racing) session, some of the TT01 CAN run, keep up with and sometimes even overtake TA05s, Cyclones, TF-5, 415s, etc ...it's the driver rather than the car ...and sometimes a high zoot car owner will drive his gingerly (expensive to crash and replace parts) and be overtaken by a TT01 driver who drives with wild abandonment

hmmmm ...I see, it was 2.30 pm where I am when I last posted
Old 07-28-2008, 11:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

i've got a 3 racing conversion kit, NIP if anyone is interested...$70 shipped.

Old 07-30-2008, 08:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Thumbs up Nice car...

I remember starting of with my first touring car (Tamiya TA02) back in the day. It was a best thing on the road back then until the HPI RS-4's came out. But I remember when I had my TA02, I would buy parts for it gradually, test out it's potential. I remember buying a torque-splitter and never knowing what it did, what a crazy experience! My car would always spin out! I think the best part is when you see something you build and you test it out little by little, you grow with it. That's what started me to this hobby. I can see his pasion for fixing his car. I can relate. So good for you, enjoy your car.

Anthony
Old 08-01-2008, 04:18 AM
Tech Champion

With the way this topic has turned sour at times, imho it doesnt matter what car you own, as long as you have fun with it

It's too easy to forget that owning an r/c car is something that is enjoyed by a wide range of people, each with their own desires on what makes it good for them - these desires may or may not be agreed on by others