Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Barry Baker and Team Magic join forces!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 04:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Sorry to hear that Barry. You'll find something that works for you soon. Good luck on your new venture.

-Korey
Old 10-15-2008, 04:27 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by march to my own
Well at least these Pro toy car racers have their 401k and retirement savings to help them out in the future.

This isn't Nascar. It is time for some to find real work. Mabye some could take up the sport of boxing.
youre an as$hole and don't deserve to be part of this hobby. Shut up and leave right now. I bet you live with your mom and just troll forums all day long. You truly don't understand that this is more than just a hobby to some racers out there.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i remember one year in cleveland i was having issues with my tc3. barry gave me setup advice in the elevator. didnt even know me. nicest guy on the planet wish you luck bro wherever you end up as you will be an asset to the company. maybe you can come back to associated and race with blackstock again. and then in cleveland you can give me setup advice for my tc5
Old 10-15-2008, 04:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Come on everyone.....lets be nice to each other....everyone has an opinion..and some people have too much internet courage!

I really do appreciate all the kind words that have been spoken and believe it or not I can take the critisisim also...There is so much people dont know about this situation.....

I will try to move forward and hopefully stay in the industry...I really do feel that I can make a difference to a company out there.Weather it is racing or behind a desk....Knowledge and Experience is the key!

Thanks,

Barry
Old 10-15-2008, 05:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Right on Barry! Met you at the 'birds a couple years back, I think. Was usually drinking between rounds ha! You are a true class act even though you've had your blowups, but that is just the nature of competition. Still chuckle about your discussion with Kinwald one year about which wall would be the "racing line" Best of luck at whatever venture you choose, you'll truly be an asset.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:17 PM
Tech Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by Barry Baker
Come on everyone.....lets be nice to each other....everyone has an opinion..and some people have too much internet courage!

I really do appreciate all the kind words that have been spoken and believe it or not I can take the critisisim also...There is so much people dont know about this situation.....

I will try to move forward and hopefully stay in the industry...I really do feel that I can make a difference to a company out there.Weather it is racing or behind a desk....Knowledge and Experience is the key!

Thanks,

Barry

As I told you last time! Don't look back, just go forward, Barry........

Best wishes and Good luck!
Old 10-15-2008, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

Sorry to hear this has happenned Barry.

Not too sure what happened but I wish you well. I believe you really would have put TM on the map with all their cars.......but alas.
What will be will be.

I guess this wasn't meant to be and your destined for better things sir.

All the best.

British Menace
Old 10-15-2008, 08:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default GL BB

Sorry to hear it didn't go as planned.

Good luck Barry.

Bill
Old 10-16-2008, 03:13 AM
Tech Champion

"Where one door closes another one opens" so the phrase goes...

I hope it opens soon for you.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have met Barry a few times and I must say, he was not only was he professional he was also very helpfull.
We have had a few pro drivers come out to one of our races at Fastcats, and Barry was one of the best. I look forward to seing him come back to Toronto with a top outfit.

Barry goodluck, I'm sure you will find a new ride.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Good luck Barry and all other factory drivers of any make for that matter.

With the state of economy and this industry being a fringe entertainment market I can imagine most of the factories are feeling the pinch of we hobbyists, racers and wrenchers tightening our belts just to buy gas to get to the track. I do not know or understand the Team Magic issues, but know they make quality stuff and your are one of the best in the business. It would have been great if they could have kept you employed. For your sake, I hope the economy gets stronger, the business gets better and you can stay pro somewhere. I will miss the useful input on my E4 chassis though. God Bless the factory drivers.

John
Old 10-16-2008, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Man TM messed up .....I know I was thinking about buying the car. But not anymore..

Good luck Barry
Old 10-16-2008, 09:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by King of B Main
Man TM messed up .....I know I was thinking about buying the car. But not anymore..

Good luck Barry
No more TOP car?????
Old 10-16-2008, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
No more TOP car?????

That was before he got the TOP car.... A couple of guys were thinking about picking up the car for the same reasons as King of B and decided not to get the car for the same reason a King of B....
Old 10-16-2008, 11:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Francis M.
That was before he got the TOP car.... A couple of guys were thinking about picking up the car for the same reasons as King of B and decided not to get the car for the same reason a King of B....
Now I get it..........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.