Community
Wiki Posts
Search

19T Motor Forum

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2003, 09:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

After trying many brushes, I think you really can't go wrong with the Fantom 315. It is torquier than the 309, and though many think it is the same as the Reedy 767, I've noticed that it wears less. As to glitching, don't be worried about running the motor for a good number of runs to let the brushes seat. Maybe as many as 4(??). Also Ryan, try aligning the brush hoods. This might reduce arching.

A question I have for everyone is what is their favorite 19T motor? Here at Rain most people favor the Epic based Chameleon 2 or Fantom. I've tried the Element and liked it before it seized I didn't like the Reedy as much, but one driver here did well with it.
Old 08-21-2003, 10:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I like the Fantom. I ran a friends at Hitec and it seemed to have bore bottom end with 4499's than a standard C2.
Old 08-21-2003, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by jkerr0043
Some guys at the Reedy Race were having glitch trouble with the Spec motors. Here's one thing that worked for a buddy of mine. Pull the motor apart and take the timing ring out. The problem with the chrome plated can and ring is sometimes that plating between the can and the ring can keep it from making good contact. That keeps the caps from grounding well enough. So grind the plating off the edge of the ring and out of the inside of the can where the ring comes in contact with it to get better contact. Clean it all out and try it again. This helped more than a few guys having problems @ the Reedy. Hope it helps you.
That was only part of the problem. There is another rc track at the top of the hill, there were some freq conflicts during the event. The steel chain link fence has something to do with it too.
Old 08-21-2003, 10:47 AM
Tech Champion

Ah! I see. A changed receiver fixed my glitch problem and the motor deal helped my buddy. Do they always have problems at that track with glitches from that fence and the other track
Old 08-26-2003, 08:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by Pit Crew
Sushi-

Its likely that somebody..... Maybe Peter....Told you to run the 766 brushes on that motor? Great brush, but it causes glitching. Replace the caps on the motor, then get some Birdman brushes. they don't glitch.
Pit Crew- I made that choice on my own. Me and peter were kinda working together to find a good brush spring combo to get the best balance of power and wear. The 766's worked great. 767's went flat in the middle of the run. I'm sure they are fine for a tight track, but we were gearing at such a tall ratio and at full throttle for so long, the brush would just burn up. The 766 was consistant and much easier on the com. Both glitched though.... Thats was my major problem this whole weekend. It prevented me from getting consistant fast laps. But I had my fair share of mistakes as well.

Coolrcdad- It's actually Korey not Ryan . I did align the brush hoods with a little succes. It reduced the glitching but didn't stop it.

jkerr0043- I will give that a try, it makes total sense too. What did you use to grind it off?

-Sushi Boy
Old 08-26-2003, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Default On the Subject of 19T

Guys;

I have an 'Element' 19T spec Motor (not run yet) and am wonder what your experiences and Brush/Spring recommendations would be for this Motor.

Thanks, Steven
Old 08-26-2003, 08:47 PM
Tech Champion

Sushi.
Use a sanding drum on the outside of the ring and the edge of a cut off wheel on the can. Just scuff the surface enough to get rid of the plating.
Old 08-26-2003, 10:57 PM
Tech Champion

Ok, sounds like I just have to be really careful.

-Sushi Boy
Old 08-26-2003, 11:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

has anyone tired those new Epic 19T motors with adjustable timing? was wondering how they perform? and how are people gearing them? like a C1/C2, higher, or lower? Im anxious to try out the Reedy 19T with quads as well but they aren't out yet.

19T is defenitely a great class. mod is my favorite but 19T is a good middle ground for mod and stock racers.
Old 08-27-2003, 06:43 AM
Tech Champion

There's been some discussion out here about the Reedy quad 19 turn. There's a end of year race being put on by www.teamtitusracing.com in Corona and it's being sponsored by AE and Reedy. They're providing handouts for the race. Chris, the race director was told by AE that the 19 turn quad mag is all rumor. It dosen't exist. Yet, CompetitionX.com has it on his site, Tower has part numbers and pricing and other factory guys have been seen running them. Maybe because they realized they're not ready yet. Who knows? But according to Reedy, don't hold your breath on them or a new stock motor from Reedy anytime soon.
Old 08-27-2003, 10:45 AM
Tech Champion

Has anyone tried putting a reedy 19T arm in a Reedy Kr can? That's probably the closest you'll ever get to the "rumored" 19T.

-Sushi Boy
Old 08-27-2003, 11:33 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Dam sushi you are every where
Old 08-27-2003, 09:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default Element 19t

Popsracer,

I have run a Orion Element 15 or so times and what I have found is compared to a Tri Chameleon 2 it has less RPM but more Power, at least that is the way mine compared. The magnets also tested out higher on a Magnet zapper meter. Some say because of this the motor has more off power "brake". But I like the motor alot and the (my opionion) better magnets should mean a consistant long life without needing a major rebuild very often.

I gear my element very high to make up for the fewer Rpm's and don't worry to much about temperature. It runs very well if done properly. Rpm's can be compensated through gearing so the actual number is not a big deal as long as the motor produces good power/watts.

Brushes Reedy 767 or fantom 315, and springs orion 165 degree I believe on the +, and 150 degree on -. I don't have any Laydown Orion/Peaks at the moment, I will need to order some soon.

Hope this helps,
Steve
Old 08-27-2003, 10:58 PM
Tech Champion

Steve is right, they seem to have more punch of the line. Behave alot like a stock motor in my opinion. He is a wiz at the dyno too.

-Sushi Boy
Old 08-31-2003, 05:22 PM
Tech Champion

Well, I finnaly fixed my glitching problem. I ground the chrome off the ring and can, and I went to stiffer springs on the motor. Trinity Purple on +, and trinity red on -. Worked great on our tight carpet track .

-Sushi Boy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.