Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Can anyone solder me some batts for my Micro? >

Can anyone solder me some batts for my Micro?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can anyone solder me some batts for my Micro?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2003, 07:07 PM
Tech Adept

Default Can anyone solder me some batts for my Micro?

Here's some pics. I'm using 1050mah Kan Cells. I am no good at soldering, so I need some help!

Setup style 1:
http://www.yourmicro.com/forums/atta...=&postid=90928

Setup style 2:
http://www.yourmicro.com/forums/atta...=&postid=90929

The only other thing I need to do is decided on which cell setup I want. I'm not sure yet, but if anybody can do this I would be very appreciative! I can pay $25 to have 3, 6 cell packs made for my Micro.

J.
Old 08-17-2003, 07:10 PM
Tech Adept

Oh And I want a proffesional job on these too! It was also be better to have it done by somebody that talks alot on here, maybe a vet or something.
Old 08-17-2003, 07:52 PM
WC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Ask at your Local Hobby Shop...?
Old 08-17-2003, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Just go to radio shack buy a 60wt ion, some 60/40 (60% tin/40% lead) solder and some rosin flux paste. If your going to stay in the hobby just learn how to solder youself, it will make your life much easier.
Old 08-17-2003, 09:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally posted by fatdoggy
Just go to radio shack buy a 60wt ion, some 60/40 (60% tin/40% lead) solder and some rosin flux paste. If your going to stay in the hobby just learn how to solder youself, it will make your life much easier.
good advice
Old 08-17-2003, 10:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by J Smith
Oh And I want a proffesional job on these too! It was also be better to have it done by somebody that talks alot on here, maybe a vet or something.
Just because they talk alot doesn't mean that they can solder. My best advice is you practice solder stuff that can be wasted, battery bars to old motor tabs, battery bars to old batteries, wires to wires, whatever is metel, test your skills and you should get better at it, never give-up cause R/C car racing, racing, sports or heck LIFE! is definately NOT about giving-up. Beleive in yourself my friend, believe. Remeber what the old little tugboat use t...........

Here's a tip: You are gonna need this kit from Trinty in order to build those packs in those configurations. I'll post a reply below with a part from trinity in order to complete that job.
Old 08-17-2003, 10:19 PM
Tech Master

Here it is;

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXKC55&P=7
Old 08-17-2003, 10:38 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I could do it for you, but you'd have to send all the materials and pay for shipping back to you...
Old 08-17-2003, 10:47 PM
Tech Master

YEAH! and you'll never learn how to solder batteries ever ever again. I hope you're happy with yourself J Smith...jk- they are your batteries.
Old 08-17-2003, 11:34 PM
Tech Elite

proudwinner - With the parts you posted the only usable items would be the bars. The cells J SMith's running are I believe 2/3 sub C's (or close to that), plus you'd need a micro plug unless he's running tamiya plugs. He could just get some wire and use that to connect the bars, or he could cut some battery bars down to size.
Old 08-17-2003, 11:40 PM
Tech Master

fatdoggy, you are correct, but you know those bars are the most important ingredients to building those packs because as I know they are the only thing you will get between the cells. Yes, he will need 14AWG wire and micro plugs to complete the assembly. As far as plugs go, check with deans, they make some micro plugs. Sorry I didn't go into detail about building the pack. Oh, instructions do come with that kit.
Old 08-18-2003, 08:06 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by proudwinner
YEAH! and you'll never learn how to solder batteries ever ever again. I hope you're happy with yourself J Smith...jk- they are your batteries.
I used to have other people solder my packs for me when I started, at the time, I was still learning to solder, but I wasn't going to learn on an expensive matched pack... Most people learning to solder have cheap irons as well, so the job wont come out good regardless of how good they are getting.
Old 08-18-2003, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Randman - I'm still very much in the learning how to solder catagory. I learnt on a $40 matched pack and guess what, by the end they looked like crap. But I learnt alot and my 2nd and 3rd looked a hell of alot better(and the 1st looked fine after I re-did it), the best way to learn (imo) is to just give it a shot.
Old 08-18-2003, 09:41 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by proudwinner
Just because they talk alot doesn't mean that they can solder. My best advice is you practice solder stuff that can be wasted, battery bars to old motor tabs, battery bars to old batteries, wires to wires, whatever is metel, test your skills and you should get better at it, never give-up cause R/C car racing, racing, sports or heck LIFE! is definately NOT about giving-up. Beleive in yourself my friend, believe. Remeber what the old little tugboat use t...........

Tug boat heh? lol

Thanks everybody for the laugh and help. I think I will pass on this pack though, I didn't mention this, but these cells are 1050 Kans that are zapped. There not sub-c cells, but close to them.

I found one person on Micro RS4 forum that will build these packs for me. So there you go. But don't worry I am going to practice soldering on some old batteries and stuff. That seems like the best way to go for me!
Old 08-18-2003, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Something else to try(if it hasn't been mentioned yet)....instead of those bars that proudwinner posted a link to, it's just as easy to use some desoldering braid that you can buy at Radio Shack(it's referred to as solder wick also). It's made of copper, so it actually makes a very good conductor, & is the perfect size to work as battery braid for our micros. And believe me, it'll be plenty strong once you've flowed some solder through it(which is what the stuff is designed for, soaking up solder)......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.