Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Please help identify Kyosho On-Road Chassis >

Please help identify Kyosho On-Road Chassis

Please help identify Kyosho On-Road Chassis

Old 07-04-2008, 01:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Please help identify Kyosho On-Road Chassis

Hi,

Im new to R/C and I recently bought a Kysoho 2WD on-road car for my fiance to drive. We just received it yesterday and we completely love it. I was wondering how to identify which Kyosho car it is so that we can get parts if needed and buy the right size bodies for the car. It comes with a Novak speed control and Le Mans stock motor if that helps. It also has a Corvette body but Im not 100 percent sure it is the original one. Here's the link the ebay listing for the item.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=120274496472

I also picked up this car, an Associated TC4. It has Deans plugs on it. What would be the best thing to do as far as getting a new charger for both cars and running the same type of connection so that everything works together, including new batteries?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=110263936833

Thank you so much,
Kevin
Old 07-04-2008, 10:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Pics

Heres the pics for the ebay listing. I didnt know the bookmarks didnt work.
Attached Thumbnails Please help identify Kyosho On-Road Chassis-kyosho-1.jpg   Please help identify Kyosho On-Road Chassis-kyosho-2.jpg  
Old 07-05-2008, 02:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Found this http://www.vintagercweb.com/ads/corvette_ad1.jpg

Sorry but not able to post the link for some reason?

This is a nitro car but the body looks the same.

EDIT:
Your car looks to be a Kyosho Raider. Looks like Kyosho's version of the Associated RC10DS "Dual Sport"

Last edited by Xtant3150c; 07-05-2008 at 02:30 AM.
Old 07-05-2008, 03:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

I was gonna say that body looked pretty well detailed for something a little more "vintage". Plus it's still in pretty good shape

If that Kysho came with a half decent "trickle charger", you might be able to get by for the time being. I'd still double check it can charge the batteries you have. If it will, you might just need to get a Deans plug onto your charger or make an adaptor for it.

Dropping a little $$$ on a decent charger will save you some time, and could help keep your batteries happy. Just keep in mind the type of plugs you have (Deans), and what will come with a new charger. Not all chargers will arrive with a Deans plug or adaptor. But, they are some of the better plugs on the market. Not saying always the easiest to pull apart........but they do their job well
Old 07-05-2008, 07:08 AM
Tech Regular

100 sure is not a raider,had one as a young buck.sorry cant id it, but not a raider for sure.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:02 AM
Tech Rookie

I know for sure the Futaba radio which came with it was not original. The body may have been detailed by the guy who sold me the car. Everything works perfectly. It came with a 5 hour trickle charger and we've charged it 3 times now and had a lot of fun with it. Im taking it down to Hobbytown in Nashua today to see what they think and also if they can tell me what body size is compatible with it. Ill look up the Kyosho Raider.
Old 07-05-2008, 03:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Well from my googling the Raider name came up a few times. But could'nt find any solid info.

It seems to definately be an Electric Version of the Nitro car I linked to in my first post.
Old 07-05-2008, 05:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The corvette looks to be built off the original Ultima series. They made a bunch of kits off it. I was out of the hobby a little around that time, but original ultima parts will probably do you fine.
For bodies I'd look at the 200mm touring car bodies as a start.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yup, those care were based on the Ultima II chassis. I believe some of the parts were then passed on to the Outrage series of cars.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

wow!

I remember when that car came out... i must have been in the 7th or 8th grade.

Great find! Tower Hobbies made a big deal out of the scale realism when the car came out.
Old 07-06-2008, 01:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big-Kid
I was gonna say that body looked pretty well detailed for something a little more "vintage". Plus it's still in pretty good shape

If that Kysho came with a half decent "trickle charger", you might be able to get by for the time being. I'd still double check it can charge the batteries you have. If it will, you might just need to get a Deans plug onto your charger or make an adaptor for it.

Dropping a little $$$ on a decent charger will save you some time, and could help keep your batteries happy. Just keep in mind the type of plugs you have (Deans), and what will come with a new charger. Not all chargers will arrive with a Deans plug or adaptor. But, they are some of the better plugs on the market. Not saying always the easiest to pull apart........but they do their job well
Yeah, I like the Traxxas connectors for just that reason - able to handle high amperage and power, but much easier to pull apart than the Dean's plugs, and easier to assemble as well.
Old 07-07-2008, 02:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi ! Never seen this Kyosho chassis before, but I like the early touring cars so I went for some search on the net... In fact it is one of the "scale cars" Kyosho released a long time ago (1991?), probably the Ferrari Testarossa or another car seen in this video : http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=iMpwYVm9DZA.
Some pictures are also available on TamiyaClub : http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_m...52749&id=16698,http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_m...=24284&id=3626

Hard to find info, but beautiful cars...