Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
hot bodies cyclone HELP please !!!!!!!! >

hot bodies cyclone HELP please !!!!!!!!

hot bodies cyclone HELP please !!!!!!!!

Old 07-02-2008, 07:36 AM
Tech Addict

Exclamation hot bodies cyclone HELP please !!!!!!!!

hi i have a hot bodies cyclone moor speed and every time i de tweak the car and i use the same setup as the other guys uses at my local track every time i break on corner entry and i turn , my rear end slips does a 180 and the time i settle up again i have lost 5 sec .it happens nealy every time i corner thanks if you could help me it will be very usefull thanks
Old 07-02-2008, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

have you tried to set up correct camber angles? that can help a lot.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cyclone speed
hi i have a hot bodies cyclone moor speed and every time i de tweak the car and i use the same setup as the other guys uses at my local track every time i break on corner entry and i turn , my rear end slips does a 180 and the time i settle up again i have lost 5 sec .it happens nealy every time i corner thanks if you could help me it will be very usefull thanks
Check your rear diff, and make sure the thrust race is not binding up. Check your droop from when the car sits on your setup board, lift the rear of the car using a driver in the middle of the base of the chassis, and make sure both wheels come of the deck at the same time, check front and rear for this, check the shocks are not collapsing when entering a corner. hope this helps
Malc
Old 07-02-2008, 09:52 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

sounds like you have a one way installed instead of a spool or diff.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:45 AM
Tech Master

do you have a setup cheat of your setup?

it can be a lot of things.
like the motor brkes to hard.
your steering settings on your transmitter.
your tires
the diff
your drifing style.

As the other HB drivers can drive your car, than you must change your setup or your driving style.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have had the same problem. I did not realize it but I had the steering endpoints too high and the tires would turn and the CVDs would bind and slow the front tires down enough to spin the car.

Corinator
Old 07-02-2008, 10:33 PM
Tech Regular

When you say de tweaking, are you just loosening and tightening the screws back up and throwing it on the track .....or are you doing that, throw it on a tweak station to get the shocks right, then adjusting ride height, droop and everything from there ?

What you are describing sounds to me like you need to put your car on a tweak station. Mine used to do the same exact thing, i didnt know what it was til someone put it on a tweak station.

Car could be out of balance
Bearing could be bad - change or clean your bearings
Diff might need to be rebuilt
Old 07-02-2008, 11:23 PM
Tech Addict

mine i did put it on the tweak station adjusted everything and ride height ........
but i tought of one probleme that it might be maybe im wrong

i tought of that : i am using a diff at the rear and one way pulley front and instead of using a fixed center pulley (normally not used with one way diff) i am using center one way so it means that every time i brake the car brakes with only 2 wheels (the rear wheels) and maybe my diff is not very well adjusted and i dont know how if i know if its well adjusted if anywone could tell me how it will be great full

i thought of putting a fixed center pulley on a one way like this the car would break with 4 wheel drive

and i forgot to mensione that the car , when i break instead of going on the side where there is more weight , (the left of the car where ther is the motor , ESC servo and receiver) if goes to the right where there is only 5 cell the less weight

THANKS
Old 07-02-2008, 11:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Old 07-03-2008, 12:24 AM
Tech Initiate

^^ that picture sums up all that I have been thinking reading his posts.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL n00b,
Corinator
Old 07-03-2008, 05:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

If you have a one-way in the car it will always spin out under braking. You will have to learn to drive without brakes or take out the one-ways.

This is the same for any car.....
Old 07-03-2008, 07:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default hi regard hb cyclone

NOW get this setting,,,,

From surikarn setting,,,,

sus blog spacer 1.5 all around
3hole piston 60oil Front 55Oil Rear
-2 camber F-R
+1 toe out Front
3 rear toe in
LRP and Nosram ISTC
4.5 BL 6 cell ratio8.0
5 cell use 3.5T ratio 8.9
Old 07-03-2008, 09:30 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Smile middle plate

the heatsink mid-plate that the moore speed comes with is very stiff. if your problem is very minimal you can try removing the two back 2mm screws and leaving them off, or the two front 1.5mm screws is a more minor change. for a worse spin out, try the carbon fiber plate from the other cyclones, or the fiberglass one from the new "cyclone tc", which gives you even more flex(x-rays have been designed for a much wider range of this adjustment). Although basic setup and maintenance can also be the problem, so try that before buying new parts. the other posters talk about changing to spools from one ways and checking droop especially, since that is the classic setup area for your problem. your pro4 book might say right in there that droop is the problem. personally i have the carbon fiber plate, and it is till not enough because i have to set my droop to maximum down travel(about 2.75 with my shock/spring setup), so im buying the fiberglass part. good luck
Old 07-03-2008, 12:07 PM
Tech Addict

Yes but normally when you put the one-way it acts like a diff (each wheels will spins at different speed when you corner).
But will the spool help in this probleme , because normally the spool is a locked diff so it souldn't help maybe im wrong , and could someone tell me when is the spool needed or the one-way .
Thanks
Old 07-03-2008, 12:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by recklessryan
the heatsink mid-plate that the moore speed comes with is very stiff. if your problem is very minimal you can try removing the two back 2mm screws and leaving them off, or the two front 1.5mm screws is a more minor change. for a worse spin out, try the carbon fiber plate from the other cyclones, or the fiberglass one from the new "cyclone tc", which gives you even more flex(x-rays have been designed for a much wider range of this adjustment). Although basic setup and maintenance can also be the problem, so try that before buying new parts. the other posters talk about changing to spools from one ways and checking droop especially, since that is the classic setup area for your problem. your pro4 book might say right in there that droop is the problem. personally i have the carbon fiber plate, and it is till not enough because i have to set my droop to maximum down travel(about 2.75 with my shock/spring setup), so im buying the fiberglass part. good luck
Good tips !!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.