Community
Wiki Posts
Search

lrp rotors question

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 12:51 PM
Tech Addict

Questions?? lrp rotors question

hi i have a lrp 5.5 brushless motor and i was wondering if there is any rotor tuning for it . It has a bonded rotor with it and what difference would it make if i put a sintered rotor or any rotor will it have more torque , more power more rpm

Thanks alot if you could help me out
Old 06-29-2008, 01:58 PM
Tech Regular

Yes you have options.

All 3 of the sintered lrp rotors will fit. You will notice several differences with a sintered rotor over a bonded one.
Less heat fade, there is hardly anywith a sintered rotor. The motor will also run cooler. More torque with a larger rotor (14 mm) Or more rpm with a smaller one(12.5 mm).

What class are you running?
Old 06-30-2008, 01:13 AM
Tech Addict

what do you mean by "what class are you running " and sintered rotor will heat up less then bonded rotor is this right thanks
Old 06-30-2008, 04:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyclone speed
what do you mean by "what class are you running " and sintered rotor will heat up less then bonded rotor is this right thanks
Based on what i've read and experienced w/ my own brushless yes it is right. This is what the word "sintered" means:
" To cause (metallic powder, for example) to form a coherent mass by heating without melting "

So essentially they take a powdered metal (a nickel neodynum allow i think correct me plz somone out there knows exactly ) and then they put it into a form and they compress it w./ a gagillion pounds of pressure. Giving you a better more densely built rotor, Bonded ... not so much .

Again, i'm about as far from an expert as you are gonna get, but there has been a TON of discussion on rctech about this and there are quite a few people i know including myself who have first gen novak non-sintered rotors. I've upgraded to sintered and got all the benifit's walterhenderson described.
Old 06-30-2008, 03:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cyclone speed

What are you running this motor in?

With a bonded rotor the motors will run hotter.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:48 AM
Tech Addict

i run modified (5.5 turn) and about this motor
on LRP web site it says 393 watts , 8,100kv and most important 91 percent of efficiency i run 5 cell

but what i wonder is when they say 8100kv is the motor loaded in the car or unloaded in your hand because if it says 91percent unloaded how many percent is it when its loaded