Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Battery Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 07:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Battery Question

Hi Im absolutely new to hobby grade R/C having owned a radio shack offroad car as a kid. Not long ago i thought of a RC car action buyers guide mag i had way back in like 8th or 9th grade. We're talking like 15 years ago and thought itd be nice to get into it. Did my research and now i ebayed the brand i always wanted and have an Associated TC4 on its way! I also bought a Kyosho Corvette for my fiance so she can drive with me. Anyways, my question is....

The Associated car is equipped with deans style connectors and the kyosho is not. Now i want to be able to go with one system, whether its deans or not. How do i install the deans plugs on the other car and charger? Would they connect to each other without needing to be changed? Im really confused by this and want to make sure that i can charge the cars when they come so we can head out to use them.

Thank you so much,
KM
Old 06-27-2008, 07:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

what type of connectors does the other have? are they white/clear?
Old 06-27-2008, 07:58 PM
Tech Rookie

white
Old 06-27-2008, 08:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Ok those are tamiya type connectors and you DON'T want those, they will most likely melt. Cut off the tamiya's and solder the wire onto a deans type connector.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:05 PM
Tech Rookie

I found an article online which says you should also install the connectors on your charger as well. Im just afraid of messing up the connectors.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Don't be afraid. Just use common sense and everything will be fine. The deans connectors have a small instruction on the pack. Follow the instruction and life will be easier. You will also find that when you buy stuff from other racers all the plugs match up as easy 1 2 3. Deans are kinda like the "Staples Easy Button".
Old 06-28-2008, 05:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kdog788
I found an article online which says you should also install the connectors on your charger as well. Im just afraid of messing up the connectors.
If you have a local hobby shop, take all your stuff to them and have them show you what you need to do. I solder a lot of stuff for people just so they don't ruin their new stuff and get discouraged from the hobby. I received the same treatment when I first started as well.