Wiki Posts
Search

Glitching on my 3PK

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2003, 12:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Glitching on my 3PK

Hello guys in one question, i get a glitch in one part of our track and it happens when i lif my finger out of the throttle .In other parts there are no problems what so ever ?? Has this happened to anyone before ?? If so what did you do to rectify the problem ??

All help and suggestion would greatly be appreciated.
Old 07-30-2003, 02:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

i don't own a 3pk but it might be ur trim? and maybe if ur turning don't fully let go of the throttle cuz i find it better if u give gas on turns
Old 07-30-2003, 06:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

which version of the 3pk do you have? If you have the pcm you shouldn't glich at all. I have raced at tons of different tracks and never glitch with it. Exept once. Where the antenna bolt in the radio came lose. Other than that I have had no problems. I would check your reciever and make sure it is mounted securely and that the antenna wire isn't broke or run next to a power wire. Sometimes the antenna wire on a graphite chassis will make it glitch. Trim shouldn't make any difference whether or not the car gliches. Hope this helps
Old 07-30-2003, 06:58 AM
Tech Adept

The HRS version is very sensitive to motor noises. The PCM is more stable compare to the HRS especially in electric cars. I race indoor & the track has lots of florescent lights, both HRS and PCM can glitch a little from time to time. Have much better result with just FM receivers, never glitch unless someone is my channel.
Old 07-30-2003, 07:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default i dont know

Im using a PCM version, may be its the high intensity strobe ligth that are interfering with my car, because this happened during under the ligths racing which we always have here in Australia, i never experienced it before on the day, what do you guys think.

And if you think its the mounting position i posted a pic of my electronics layout.
Attached Thumbnails Glitching on my 3PK-trf414se.jpg  
Old 07-30-2003, 07:46 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

I used to have ocassional problems with my 3PK when the voltage got down to around 9.6v. I now use 9 cells with the TX and don't let the voltage get too low. So far so good!
Old 07-30-2003, 08:15 PM
Tech Addict

I havent experienced a signal glitch with my pcm 3pk so far. One weird thing about it is that it interfers with the radio (music type) at my track, the second I turn on my transmitter the radio starts making a buzzing noize, its really weird but dosnt affect my 3pks performance.
Old 07-30-2003, 09:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by kt tracing
Sometimes the antenna wire on a graphite chassis will make it glitch.
does this happen on every graphite and carbon firbre chassis, and with every reciver?
Old 07-31-2003, 04:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

does this happen on every graphite and carbon firbre chassis, and with every reciver?
Matt04,
The graphite chassis will have nothing to do with glitching (ie the tc3 chassis) The graphite doesn't conduct that well. But the carbon fiber chassis like the Xray, Yokomo, and the Irs chassis for the tc3 and the tamiya's will sometimes carry the motor noise through the chassis and interfear with the reception. But if your asking about the tc3 it should matter. Check how close you battery positive wire is to your anetana. that will make you glich for sure if it is really close.
Old 07-31-2003, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Crystals getting old?
Old 08-15-2003, 08:50 AM
Tech Regular

Default subtrim

Hi,

Assuming you had the servo menu shows all channels perfectly centered. Is there any changes on the servo display when you set your steering subtrim +/- 100? I mean changes after making adjustment using the digital trim.