Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Hard Case" 7.4v 4000mAh 25C Lipo Under $60

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 05:47 PM
Tech Adept

Default MaxAmps Cells

Here is a discharge graph of our current 3000 cells and our older version 3000 cells at 20C. As you can see it is at 64 amps(over 20C) tested on a CBA with the X10 add on. I will also try and dig up our graph of the current 5000 cells and post it here as well. I am not sure what is wrong with the MaxAmps packs you are testing or the setup that you are using but I can assure you that they will perform very well at 20C constant.

Best Regards,

Austin
CEO MaxAmps.com
Attached Thumbnails "Hard Case" 7.4v 4000mAh 25C Lipo Under -3000graphlarger.jpg  
Old 07-17-2008, 08:16 PM
Tech Initiate

I appreciate that it can be frustrating when customers test a product and get significantly different results from the dristributer, especially when you have no way to check if my test methods are scientific or proper.

There always is a chance that my test methods are incorrect, but I am completely certain that my test methods are consistent, as I can repeat tests over and over, even weeks later, and get the same result.

In the off-chance that my test methods are wrong and the MaxAmps batteries do perform at 20C, I would have to say that the oppositions batteries (which are tested the same way) are very conservatively rated as everybody other than MaxAmps can deliver double their stated continuous current quite comfortably.

At the end of the day, using the same test method on a number of batteries, the MaxAmps batteries came up with a significantly lower voltage than every other battery I tested under identical load, but they did contain their stated capacity, so the test method can't be all that bad
Old 07-17-2008, 09:07 PM
Tech Adept

I understand what you are saying, however I respectfully disagree with your results. There are tons of factors that can scew your testing results including the age of the packs, the connectors that you used, the wire length, the starting temperature, the charge state, the health/balance of the pack, and inconsistancies in your amp draw.

All I can say is that we have tested them at 20C and here are the results in graph form. They have also been tested by tons of 3rd party testers on other forums, industry professionals, and many manufacturers including Traxxas, Associated, Castle, and Novak. They all use our packs. In fact Traxxas got to 70mph using our 3S packs with the VXL vehicles. They used our packs to test the new E-Revo and the twin brushless version of the E-Revo.

Castle used our packs to completely shred the tires off of an E-Revo monster brushless conversion within a matter of seconds.

Associated used our lipo saddle packs to design the B44 battery tray.

Novak used our packs to hit the speed record with off the shelf equipment at the Guiness Speed Record Event this year.

I can assure you that Traxxas, Associated, Castle, and Novak will use the best pack that they can get their hands on for testing.

MaxAmps also won the "readers choice" award for "Best Battery" in both RC Car Action and RC Driver. We are the proven performance leader in the industry.

Like I said before, I don't know if there is something wrong with your particular MaxAmps packs or if there is something wrong with your test methods, but I can assure you that our packs will run very well at a constant discharge of 20C and they will hold higher voltage under load than any other pack on the market. That is a proven fact. Don't take my word for it. Just do a google search for "maxamps discharge graph" and you will find tons of 3rd party tests that will prove what I am saying is true.

Respecfully,

Austin Else
CEO MaxAmps.com
Old 07-18-2008, 02:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wow I need to get on here more often. First I want to say thanks to everyone that have ordered from us we do appreciate your business and the patience you all showed.

Everyone that has ordered up to today your batteries have been shipped.

All I can say is thanks for all your support, we have plenty of the 3200's and 4000's in stock so there wont be any more delays in receiving your orders.

Originally Posted by FLCL
Greetings

Has anyone had problems with shipping from Ultralinehobbies??? my freiend ordered packs last week with 2 to 3 day shipping and stil a no show.... so much for racing this weekend. we are not happy people
Originally Posted by Syber Serulean
well i ordered one...

but some stuff got screwed up and im getting a free 3200 to make up for the issues so that means for the price of a 4000 i got a 4000 + a 3200. No complaints, looks like from the testing they'll perform the same and im happy with the 3200 so again, no complaints here haha.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hobbipro
Astroflight Blinky is the cheapest at $25. Can be found at tower hobbies, and ebay. This will work on all batteries will a balance wire sticking out, will not work with orion type batt with internal balance plug.
Is it safe to use? You say it work with ANY battery that has an external balance plug? Would it be better to spend another $5 and get an equinox balancer (and if I do would I need an adapter?)

Originally Posted by Born2Run
It's a very good balancer but you'll need with the hyperion harness something like this:http://shopping.rcmodel.hk/product_i...oducts_id=9955 As for using it with the Orion you have to do some modifications.
Will this work just as well?
Old 07-18-2008, 09:12 PM
Tech Initiate

The item you linked there under the "this" word is an adapter cable to allow you to connect batteries with an Align type balance connector plug to a hyperion charger with an inbuilt balancer. The item itself does nothing other than allow batteries to be connected to the balancer, it does NOT balance or do anything. It is used with chargers like http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/20720 which is actually the one I use and am very happy with (for LiPo's, it sucks for NiMH).
Old 07-18-2008, 09:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Lol I know it doesn't balance or anything - it's an adapter...
If you read the quote then you would know that I was replying to someone that said I would need a certain type of adapter for the Hyperion EOS LBA10 Network Balancer from amain.
Old 07-19-2008, 12:11 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by austinelse

You really believe Associated designed the B44 around a pack that is not legal for racing?

I tried the google search you suggested, from at least the first couple of pages I am not seeing the comparision of maxamps voltage under load relative to other brands you mentioned. Well I did see one, but it was from 2005, didn't include any of the current common car packs, as I understand it significant progress has been made in lipo performance in the past few years.

Last edited by Dave H; 07-19-2008 at 05:13 AM.
Old 07-20-2008, 05:30 AM
Tech Initiate

The only non MaxAmps generated graph of discharge current and voltage I found performed in the last 2 years using the google terms suggested was a comparison between 4 MaxAmps packs and a TrueRC pack, both rated at 120 Amps continuous. The MaxAmps packs performance on that test were appaling.

If I recall correctly, after seeing that test MaxAmps sent a battery rated at 200 Amps continuous to the tester so he can repeat the test against the TrueRC 120 Amp battery in the hope its voltage may approach that of the TrueRC product under load. I never found out whether he did that test or not.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

JorgD .. I want to congratulate you on your testing.

There will no doubt be an announcement from Yeah racing shortly regarding the mistake with the 4000 Lipo packs
Old 07-22-2008, 07:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Any idea where that announcement will be? I assume it will not make the ABC news

I noticed Dinball / RC-Mart, where I bought mine from have withdrawn the 4000's from their listings after they refunded me the money. It is nice to see there are companies out there who do the right thing.

Now if only MaxAmps would own up and withdraw their produts rather than live in denial
Old 07-22-2008, 08:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

According to Yeah, they are rebadging the Lipo as a 3600 20C pack. I contacted Yeah after your posts and some simple testing myself.

I agree that their attitude has been fantastic .. a manufacturer/wholesaler who acknowledges a problem and addresses it as well.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schurcr
To answer the question, these batteries have not been submitted to ROAR for approval. I posted this because I run a track as well and we are a ROAR track that requires ROAR legal lipos. I had a new racer buy them because they were cheap and they were hard cased assuming they were ROAR legal and he was not allowed to run them.
ruben there are many tracks that are running by roar rules that are allowing even soft lipos For this year only due to the unexpected decision by roar to legalize lipos for competition. also could you email me the requirements to submit a lipo to roar for approval to [email protected] . I would sure appreciate it
Old 07-22-2008, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by austinelse

i gotta call BS on that claim!!! Associated worked in conjunction with J concepts to design the B44. and it was designed WAY before lipos were legal for sanctioned competition. It was designed around a 3+3 sub c saddle pack. as was the BJ4. For years Associated had been lagaly unable to market a 4wd 1/10 scale car due to their long standing relationship with yokomo. When thunder tiger bought associated the ties with yokomo were broken so they were free to market their own 1/10 buggy. Regardless if you Maxx amps guys want to stay alive lets see some hard case lipos that have met roar standards for competition, and been approved.AND some accurate #'s would be nice. One of your packs I got my hands on was supposed to be good for a 25c discharge rate, when in reality the #'s showed moree like 15c.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:19 PM
Tech Initiate

I wish Yeah would rebadge them as 3500's, not 3600's. I know 100 ain't much, but their 3200's (I have a total of 8 now) all supply a little bit over 3200 mAh and the rebadged 4000's (I only have 2 of them), one has just under and the other just over 3500, which if their own labelling was consistent would class them as 3500.

Any idea what price they are going to sell them at now, as they surely can not demand the premium they were for a 4000?

The 3200's and 4000's seem to be very different batteries though. The voltage drop over time with the 3200's is much flatter than the 4000's. The 4000's initially have a higher voltage and at the 70 second mark (1/3 into the discharge cycle) they cross over and after that they have a lower voltage. Its quite amazing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.