R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   ANYONE SEEN AN E4?? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/228035-anyone-seen-e4.html)

freestyles 06-21-2008 04:04 AM

ANYONE SEEN AN E4??

Just wondering if anyone runs or has seen a team magic E4 run. My LHS has one and it looks hot. I don't run electric i race nitro vehicles but i am getting very interested now especially with all this brushless and li-po technology. One of the cars in my garage is the nitro version of the E4, it's called the G4 and it's a great car so with an allready proven platform to work off i am sure it would be good. If anybody has any pics of their E4 i would love to see them.:cool::tire:

jla8874 06-21-2008 05:16 AM

Here's a thread devoted to the car with lots of pics. There's no question its a nice car, but since you already own a Team Magic you know how much spares cost. I was going to buy one until I went to Wolf Hobby's site and saw the cost of spares and options. Its unreal how much parts cost for that car.

bender 06-21-2008 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by jla8874 (Post 4561442)
Its unreal how much parts cost for that car.

RC Mushroom stock parts for the E4 and they are very cheap - a lot cheaper than several other popular brands ;)

racer x 1 06-21-2008 06:09 AM

i am also looking at buying an E4

Wall Banger 06-21-2008 07:18 AM

The cost for the parts are less than xray parts or most of the other TC's.

shadow102 06-21-2008 12:18 PM

can an e4 even fit a lipo battery though judging by the pics the upper deck might be too low

Turbo Joe 06-21-2008 12:28 PM

Jeff at Speedtech was building one there yesterday. He's going to be carrying them...and it had a 3200 Orion in it already. It's the first one I've seen in person...very cool looking car. :nod:

http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...alpage=special

Marcos.J 06-21-2008 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by shadow102 (Post 4562114)
can an e4 even fit a lipo battery though judging by the pics the upper deck might be too low

you can fit a Core 5000 lipo pack by shimming the top deck with 3mm shims.

jla8874 06-21-2008 01:46 PM

I guess I should have said that parts for anyone ordering stateside are $$$$$. Wolf Hobbies for the longest time has been the only game in town as far as Team Magic in the U.S. Ordering parts from RC-Mushroom to be shipped to the States is out of the question because of what they charge for shipping. Click here and check the prices of these parts. So you're saying those prices are comparable to other TC's? $61.00 for aluminum casters, $100.00 for a chassis, that seems pretty steep to me. Maybe I'm just used to Losi's prices since I have a Type-R? They're a fraction of TM's prices.

RCSteve93 06-21-2008 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by jla8874 (Post 4562206)
I guess I should have said that parts for anyone ordering stateside are $$$$$. Wolf Hobbies for the longest time has been the only game in town as far as Team Magic in the U.S. Ordering parts from RC-Mushroom to be shipped to the States is out of the question because of what they charge for shipping. Click here and check the prices of these parts. So you're saying those prices are comparable to other TC's? $61.00 for aluminum casters, $100.00 for a chassis, that seems pretty steep to me. Maybe I'm just used to Losi's prices since I have a Type-R? They're a fraction of TM's prices.

Looking at those prices makes me happy to run 12th scale.:lol:

Kropy 06-21-2008 05:15 PM

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost...&postcount=987

Zdiddy 06-21-2008 07:22 PM

As stated, the E4 is a great looking car. I will be piloting one in the very near future and hope to do well with it. As for the cost of the parts, I assure you, they are very much in line (cheaper in a lot of cases) with the cost of parts for any other high end touring car. I stress the term high end. Not saying that some other brands do not have less expensive parts. But, the old adage "you get what you pay for" generally holds true in the RC industry in my experience. From everything that I have read, the feedback seems to be really positive on the E4. Check out www.wolfhobbies.com They have any and everything made by Team Magic. Lots of really cool stuff I might ad. Check out the TM tools! Wow! Very cool!!!:nod:

jla8874 06-21-2008 07:47 PM

One other thing I forgot to say was my LHS doesnt even know what Team Magic is. So that was pretty much the deciding factor in me not getting the
E4FS, not the price. If my LHS stocked TM parts I probably would have got it. I still think its the sharpest tc out right now. TM's styling is second to none. Even their packaging is unmatched. Look online somewhere and you'll find an unboxing of the E4, and from the first pic of the box, to the pic where he takes the car out of the box, you'll be drooling on yourself.
HERE it is, I found it. The car comes pretty much assembled.

kn7671 06-21-2008 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Wall Banger (Post 4561633)
The cost for the parts are less than xray parts or most of the other TC's.

Grrrrr..... I see this brought up all the time, Xray parts are expensive. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Fact: Xray parts hardy ever break, and wear very little compared to some others on the market. So if you buy an Xray, yes it is true that part to part comparison, Xray is more expensive. Most of us are painfully aware though that this is NOT the TRUE cost of ownership. You have to evaluate the wear and tear, and how many replacement parts you will need.

Anyway, back to the subject, the only place I've ever seen an E4 is here, or in general, the internet.... I think the car and design look very nice, but if you don't partner up with a distributer in the USA, than it will be hard to find support and parts, period.

Wolf Hobbies 07-09-2008 07:18 PM

Hi:

I thought I would address a few of the items mentioned on this thread. I aggree that some of the parts are expensive like the top and bottom decks. We are working on getting better prices for those. The aluminum caster blocks are machined from billet and will last a long time but they are expensive. As far as the rest of the parts go the plastic replacement parts are on par with any other brand and as durable as any other. From our own use we have to say that the car has taken some pretty hard hits and survived without a problem. We are here to support the users and dealers. If a customer calls us and tells us that the price for a part (or even the kit) is out of line we will research it and tell the manufacturer. Wherever possible we will keep the price of parts and kits in line with the rest of the industry.

As for dealers we suggest that if your LHS doesn't know about Team Magic please tell them about it and let us know about them. We will do what we can to bring them on board so that you can buy locally. We even offer a $50.00 "bounty" for each new dealer that you bring us.

The car not only different but it is VERY competitive and easy to drive fast. Look for us at major events and ask to drive my car. I always have a car available for test drives. If there is a big event happening locally please let us know about it. If we can make it we will be there.

Thanks

Wolf