Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback RCMarket

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 01:41 AM
Tech Adept

Default Feedback RCMarket

Is anyone has been shopping/ordering online at rcmarket.. I like to know they feedback
Thanks
Old 08-21-2007, 04:14 AM
Tech Addict

I got great service from them, top of the line!

Their prices are also really good!!
Old 08-21-2007, 04:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

never had any problem buying stuff from him
Old 08-21-2007, 06:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Ordered a couple shells off them a few weeks back. They arrived completley crushed and unusable. Sent some pics to RC Market but they refused to give a refund or to replace the shells. Just said that they would use better packaging next time, like i'd order from them again...
Old 08-21-2007, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

RC Market has great service and a wide selection of products. Shipping rates can be high for heavier items shipped here to the states. So you might want to purchase larger items locally to avoid higher shipping costs.

Ross Loram - You should have persued the postal carrier for the damages to your parcel. Afterall, they are the ones that actually damaged your bodies, not RC Market.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ShaunMac
Ross Loram - You should have persued the postal carrier for the damages to your parcel. Afterall, they are the ones that actually damaged your bodies, not RC Market.

He said the bodies were crushed, not the box. Even if the box was crushed it wouldnt be completely the carriers fault. Some of it is packing and if the box is marked as fragile or not. Most places would step up to take care of it. Esp on something as inexpensive (cost) as a body.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I compared shipping rates between RcMarket and RcStation for the same parts...
the RcMarket shipping was twice as much.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ShaunMac
The party that paid the shipper for the delivery service is the only party that has any right to collect for damages caused during shipping. In this case, because the buyer paid the retailer for the product and shipping, it's the retailers responsibility to deliver an undamaged product. If the product is damaged in transit it's the retailers responsibility to pursue the shipper for damages.

Based on that story alone I wouldn't spend a dime at RCmarket. If they weren't willing to make it right a charge back should have been filed with the credit card company. That's fraud as far as I'm concerned.

The benefit of buying from a US retailer is most of them are very stand-up and have great customer service. NexusRacing.net and AshfordHobby.com are my favorites.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by SlamMan
The party that paid the shipper for the delivery service is the only party that has any right to collect for damages caused during shipping. In this case, because the buyer paid the retailer for the product and shipping, it's the retailers responsibility to deliver an undamaged product. If the product is damaged in transit it's the retailers responsibility to pursue the shipper for damages.

Based on that story alone I wouldn't spend a dime at RCmarket. If they weren't willing to make it right a charge back should have been filed with the credit card company. That's fraud as far as I'm concerned.

The benefit of buying from a US retailer is most of them are very stand-up and have great customer service. NexusRacing.net and AshfordHobby.com are my favorites.
Exactly

When I do order abroad in future i'll stick to RC Mushroom, they're incredibly quick and they package everything very carefully with a great deal of bubble wrap, foam and chunky boxes
Old 08-21-2007, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ross Loram
Ordered a couple shells off them a few weeks back. They arrived completley crushed and unusable. Sent some pics to RC Market but they refused to give a refund or to replace the shells. Just said that they would use better packaging next time, like i'd order from them again...
Ross,
I had a similar experience; I've place two orders with them now.
The first time the packaging was poor, but the items I bought then were unbreakable.
The second time I ordered a car body and other car parts. They delayed my order for a week because they didn't have stock even though when I placed the order “all” was in stock on there website (there website is suppose to be live ). I also assumed they would use the appropriate packaging to ship fragile items like car bodies...they didn't .

I complained via email and got no response. I complained via PM to the user "RC MARKET" (Leo) here in RC Tech and all he said is they would do better next time...

All in all, pretty poor outcome. IMO, I would only use them if they as a last resort and the item I'm chasing is unbreakable. They do have an excellent range though (if they are actually in stock and you can trust the website ) .

Old 08-21-2007, 04:23 PM
Tech Regular

I have used them twice and received my parts within a reasonable amount of time. about 1 week. maybe 10 days.
every thing was good.

I only use them when I can't get anything stateside. for instance, getting tires for the tamiya TCS race during the time tamiya decided to move their warehouse. prices were good but shipping was high. so i try to get my stuff stateside if possible.

forget about ordering bodies.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Save the headache and use RC-Champ!
Old 08-21-2007, 06:55 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for info, guys...
Old 08-21-2007, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Core Creations
Save the headache and use RC-Champ!
Old 08-21-2007, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

When ever you use a out of country seller, you are doing two things...
1) You are closing LHS's in this country by not supporting your local economy.
2) You may save $4.00 after the huge shipping fees, but then you have to wait a week or more.

I found retailers here in the US that can get almost anything you can get from these over-sea's retailers and usually they cost you about the same.

I would rather support my hobby here in the US while we still have one.
And people are aw struck wondering why their local track/hobby shop is closing down. Its because they can not compete with those shops that cut huge discounts on items, but you pay three times what it really costs to ship it.
I was a mail man and I can say this with some accuracy, YOU ARE GETTING YOUR WALLET SUCKED DRY FROM THESE OVERSEAS RETAILERS ON SHIPPING.

what they charge you for regular shipping is what express/3day shipping really costs.

So you choose how you want to spend your money, but like I said I would rather pay the extra $4.00 and know I am keeping my hobby going strong in my own country.

Off the soap box I come.
-Shookie <><

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.