Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
rcmodel.hk Warning!!! >

rcmodel.hk Warning!!!

rcmodel.hk Warning!!!

Old 06-17-2008, 09:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AreCee
I found a little trick that works to see if they have the inventory or not. When you put an item into your cart check to see if there are asterisks after the description, those mean that they are not in stock. Do this before placing the order or inform them that you want the in stock items and are willing to wait for them to restock.

It can be frustrating at times but once you figure out how they work it goes rather smoothly.
Arecee....he said all item were instock when checkout....so it is SUPPOSE to be instock. But again....it is over @ HK, 13 hours ahead, may be there are 1 item left and 2 person buying it the same time....1 person will be OUT of luck.

I still like the old school way....shop local or call the store and check the stock status. Or...do like Rc Champs does...no real time online shop website BS, you must email Masa with your list, he will reply stock status and price....take 1-2 days but NEVER a mistake.

This world is getting more computer then human.....I like to order via phone and talk to a live person and tell me YES, your parts are instock..........if the store really want to screw you, I rather have a real human being tells me and he is going to steal my money then a computer program. (yes, it is a joke.)
Old 06-17-2008, 09:32 AM
Tech Regular

Default My experience with them!

I bought an Orca lipo pack NIB and upon opening the pack on my way back, I realised that the pack is bloated. So I went back and get it changed immediately. There was this guy...a rather tall guy wearing spectacles commented that I am the first that went back to them with a defective pack after selling so many. He wanted to replace me with another new pack but I requested a change in other items (lose confidence in that product) which he seems rather reluctant and started bashing a reputable lipo brand saying that I may get defective cells too.

His service attitude stinks and there isn't a need for him to pass comments about other branded lipo batteries just because one lipo out of the many he sold was defective (so he claims). I told myself I will never get these cheap lipo cells ever again.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I've never had a problem with sales there, bought a lot of gear from them over the last 5 years.

Sad to hear you been having problems, hope they get sorted out
Old 06-17-2008, 04:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I had a shocking experience with them a few years ago - bought a comm lathe that was "in stock" only to find out that they didn't have it.

They offered me another brand instead which I accepted - when it turned up it was stuffed - definately 2nd hand - all dirty and with parts missing.

I presume it was one they perhaps used at their shop?

Anyway, after many nasty emails (and constantly slanging them off here on rc tech) they finally refunded me the purchase price plus all the shipping costs about 2 months later.

It was quite an ordeal and I haven't bought from them since.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

Simple solution.......... StormerHobbies.com!
Old 06-17-2008, 07:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

shop at your track
you can't race online
Old 06-17-2008, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...8&d=1135316977
Old 06-18-2008, 05:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by iixliltonyx33
shop at your track
you can't race online
thats what we should do but prices of that hk shops makes us crazy
Old 04-05-2009, 12:39 AM
Tech Addict

2 months ago i sent them my damaged ORION VORTEX 3T ( i have run it twice only in a total of 10mins geared as short as i could but is gone ) for repair/replacement as EU ORION suggested me to do.They told me they has sent it to the HK distributor and im still waiting for my motor or at least some news.So far nothing.They don't even answer to my e-mails.Never mind.I lost a 70$ motor because of ORION policy and rcmodel.hk bad after sale service but they lost a client who spent last year over 1200 US $ on them.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Born2Run
2 months ago i sent them my damaged ORION VORTEX 3T ( i have run it twice only in a total of 10mins geared as short as i could but is gone ) for repair/replacement as EU ORION suggested me to do.They told me they has sent it to the HK distributor and im still waiting for my motor or at least some news.So far nothing.They don't even answer to my e-mails.Never mind.I lost a 70$ motor because of ORION policy and rcmodel.hk bad after sale service but they lost a client who spent last year over 1200 US $ on them.
u can directly give them a call....i deal with them alots and they never fail me...
Old 04-05-2009, 09:37 AM
Tech Champion

So now u know huh ?? ..... ( I know that long time ago )

Here are my list of reliable online store that I personally have tested many2 times :

No. 1 and Only : Tower Hobbies

No. 2 : Rc mushroom and Rc mart in hongkong
Old 04-05-2009, 09:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I've only shopped there once and bought a $300 Exzes Plus radio from there. I must say that they shipped out very quickly and I received my item in about 4 days, and that is quicker sometimes than American shops do! Sorry to hear about your misfortune though, I hope that you get it squared away and it was just a misunderstanding.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I had a problem with them 4...5 years ago. got me for a couple hundred.... Took about a year to get "most" of it back. Don't answer emails, or ph calls.

Doesn't sound like things have changed at all! I'll never buy from them again!!
Old 04-05-2009, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ed Anderson
I had a problem with them 4...5 years ago. got me for a couple hundred.... Took about a year to get "most" of it back. Don't answer emails, or ph calls.

Doesn't sound like things have changed at all! I'll never buy from them again!!

i think by the time u called them, they already closed since your place time and HK is different +8 hours...

+85228653368
look for terrence or Max
Old 04-06-2009, 03:32 AM
Tech Addict

Everything is perfect now.Today i got a confirmation mail from Max that the HK distributor has replaced my motor and they'll send me the new one.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.