AMB Transponder Cloning

Old 09-05-2009, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Tired Racer
True/False...
1) Your ptx transponders come with 21 IDs. True
2) 20 of the IDs are from a huge pool of IDs owned by MRT. False, well they are from the pool, but stay the same in all the ptx's
3) A custom ID is assigned to a customer as their ptx default ID and for reordering. False
4) A custom ID still belongs to the huge pool of IDs and can show up as one of the 20 IDs in other ptxs. True/False... it can show up as the "21st" number again
5) A cloned ID remains owned by the customer and kept out of the huge pool of IDs if the customer does not trade in the AMB transponder. True
6) A cloned ID is handled as a custom ID if the customer trades in the AMB transponder.True

Thanks!

From the FAQ at MRT

PTX ID Numbers

The PTX is available as individually numbered transponders(due to the AMB system having 'coded' ID numbers we cannot produce new numbers, ID numbers are "not" guaranteed unique)the ID number of each transponder can be changed by use of a 'setup' button (20 alternative ID numbers are available). Each individually numbered transponder has its 'custom' ID number written on the supplied instruction sheet with the 20 alternative numbers also listed as two sets of 10 ID's. Repeated numbers are not available for custom ID non-clonetransponders. Only cloned transponders can have identical ID numbers supplied, following an original AMB transponder having been sent to us to have the ID number clone copied.

Cloned PTX transponders can have copied numbers from either personal transponder (PT) or rechargeable battery type (RT)'hand out' transponders used at clubs. The transponder mustbe sent to MRT in the UK together with a 'clone order form.
Old 09-05-2009, 05:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ed Anderson
Repeated numbers are not available for custom ID non-clonetransponders.
Is this like a self-imposed rule so there are less transponders in the same area with duplicate custom ids?
Old 09-05-2009, 10:55 PM
Tech Initiate

i received my 2 custom ptx's 10 days after ordering them. i will install them tomorrow morning for our big labor day race. thanks for the fast service!
Old 09-07-2009, 07:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up

both ptx's worked perfectly this weekend! i would recommend them to anyone looking for a personal transponder.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jonest
My PTX was working great until a friend of mine opened the casing thinking of cutting the wire short, but found that the silicone was wrapping the PT and put back the casing without doing anything. Right now, the PTX is causing the car glitch! (removed PTX car was OK). Any1 encounter this? Terry, any idea of the problem and what's the solution? Send it back?

Thanks.
Hi jonest, removing the base from the casing will not cause any problems. I'd guess something else has changed with the car/setup, it could be the connection to the receiver, maybe check the PTX plug and receiver socket. If there is a problem you can't work out drop me an email and I will see what we can do to help fix it.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by 650dave
i received my 2 custom ptx's 10 days after ordering them. i will install them tomorrow morning for our big labor day race. thanks for the fast service!
Originally Posted by 650dave
both ptx's worked perfectly this weekend! i would recommend them to anyone looking for a personal transponder.
Hi 650dave, that's great you like your new PTX transponders

Enquiries note: I forgot to say about sending PM's on rctech, I'm not a regular here so please send to me by email at [email protected]

If you send a PM it might be a while before I reply!
Old 09-08-2009, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Terry_S
Hi jonest, removing the base from the casing will not cause any problems. I'd guess something else has changed with the car/setup, it could be the connection to the receiver, maybe check the PTX plug and receiver socket. If there is a problem you can't work out drop me an email and I will see what we can do to help fix it.
Opened up the case and removed those silicons and seems like the neg wire touching the pos side. I'd shortened the wire and did a range test (ard 80'). Cars seems to respond positive (no glitch) at this moment. Will head out to the track and shall report back.

Thanks Terry

P/s: Btw the new PTX casing seems awesome. Would you be offering the casing to existing PTX users? It seems the base is about the same.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ok thanks, I will wait for you to report back. Hope it all works ok again now.

Glad you like the new PTX casing! The new PTX hard cased version is a new design, the base is the same size but the height is lower. The old PTX and new PTX cases are not compatible, we don't have any upgrades available.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Terry, can you estimate the turnaround time for cloning an AMB from Holland? Thanx!
Old 09-09-2009, 01:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Rogier. The turnaround time for cloning is about a week with us plus the shipping time back to you. Details are on the clone order form at www.rclaps.com also the PTX FAQ page has transponder and cloning information. If you need your AMB returned early before your clone(s) there is an option with the extra shipping charge, details are on the form.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

where can we buy a ptx in the US
Old 09-09-2009, 12:56 PM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You have to buy the PTX from MRT in the UK http://www.rclaps.com/ but that isnīt a problem.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

We have the PTX available from stock. The new PTX case version replaces the old one, there is currently an introductory discount price offer. Orders for 10+ quantity have an extra 5% discount available.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:57 AM
Tech Regular

well, i just tried to order a new clone PT but the webshop seemed offline due to an update

The MRT WebShop is closed for upgrade
apologies for any inconvenience.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Low_E,

PTX transponder ordering is at www.rclaps.com by clicking on the green 'More Info & Ordering' link,
the other MRT WebShop pages are offline due to a store upgrade.

Note: to see US$/AUD$/Euro prices click 'Buy' on product pages
to enter the checkout and select country using dropdown then
checkout page will show updated prices.

Email [email protected] for help with ordering.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.