Wiki Posts
Search

T2 007 spitting out bearings

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 12:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default T2 007 spitting out bearings

I was racing my t2 007 at a asphalt track yesterday and ran into a problem with the bearings in the front and rear hubs. I came back from a five minute heat(noticing that the cars handling went away with about 30 seconds left in the race) and noticed that my one front tire seemed loose. when i to it out i noticed that the two bearings inside the hub were destroyed there was nothing left but sharps. The hub they were in was melted. To make a lond story short when i get back form my second heat the exact thing had happened to my rear bearings and once agin the hubs were destroyed. The bearings are the stock ones and are not that old. could someone explain to me if i was doing somthing wrong. also what bearings should i upgrade to to avoid this. Bocas were suggested to me already.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default ceramic no

quickly, no ceramic for you. Thinking this is the result of a bad bearing but impacts are horrible on these small bearings. Metal is far better for those with the inclination to "touch" the boards. I do it too and have found this to be the biggest wear causer on my bearings. Ceramic are far less tolerant than metal so I am thinking they will not correct the problem if it is contact accelerating their death.
Finally, if you run outside and degrease your bearings, don't. Excessive wear caused by dust entering so easily will also shorten their life not worth contant bearing replacement.. degreasing is for carpet only.