R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-09-2003, 12:54 PM   #1
Tech Fanatic
Default capacitor

i was looking at some factory xxx-s drivers cars, and i want to put some capacitors on my servo and reciever, so i get that extra power on hard acceleration. How do i do that, i can solder the two cells together, but how do connect them to the reciever, is it a plug, or something u can buy premade.
pro3racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 02:41 PM   #2
Tech Adept
Send a message via AIM to NMRCDude

You solder them to the ESC. Positive to positive, negative to negative. On one side of the capacitor, there is a stripe of some color. That side is the negative side.
NMRCDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 06:48 PM   #3
Tech Rookie

I've never seen any kits or premades, but it works the same as an ESC cap. Solder the cap across the positive and negative power leads comming into the receiver, paying very close attention to polarity or you WILL have an explosive situation on hand. Do you REALLY need to do this? Are you running a mod that hot?

He's talking about using a cap to reduce the voltage dip that the receiver/servos experience under hard acceleration. BTW, love your sig. Romans is probably my favorite Apostolic Letter.
dwood99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 08:58 PM   #4
Tech Fanatic
Default thanx

i kinda want to use this, i run a 13 double, paradigm, sometimes, actually, a lot of times i can feel i lose a little steering, and glitching occurs. I am planning on running more professionally styled this winter(better running stuff, not just thrownin it together), and run some races like the novak race at trackside. So on carpet, it should help if i can feel it now on slick ashpalt. BTW, how hard is this to do, before i do it. i'm pretty good with solder, but am i going to buy tiny shrink wrap and do my best job ever?
pro3racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 09:38 PM   #5
Tech Master
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

If its just glitching your geting, JR sells some really kool RF filters. They are an o-ring magnet that you loop the ESC lead through three times and it suppost to pretty much eliminate glitching. One catch is in needs to be 3" away from the receiver. I haven't tried it yet because ,Cuda has barely enough room for a servo, receiver, and ESC. And it looks very professional.
NismoSkyline17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 11:21 PM   #6
Tech Elite
Send a message via AIM to ZER01

Nismo, your car shouldn't glitch period, with or without a RF filter, whoever told you this was on dope. Well I guess you could run a RF filter if maybe you buddy had the same frequency as you and no one could swap to a differant freq, but then you both would have to run a RF filter.
ZER01 is offline   Reply With Quote