Wiki Posts
Search

LiPo Balancer ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 09:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default LiPo Balancer ???

I am in the market for a balancer, i currently have 2 4800 and 5 3200 team orion lipos and will be getting a reedy 5000 pro soon. The team Checkpoint Pro Car LiPo Balancer - 6A is already wired for the orion batts. What would I need for it to balance the reedy.

Thanks rodney
Old 06-05-2008, 11:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

30C 3800mAh today arrival !
Old 06-05-2008, 11:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

If you purchase the Checkpoint balancer, then you could just put a female 2mm plug on the center wire of the Reedy battery's balance plug...being sure to properly insulate and/or tuck away the + and - of the balance plug so they do not short on anything.

With this way, you can use the same balancing harness for all your batteries. Your balancer will pick up the + and - readings through the main charging leads.

Also, you could make a small adapter that converts a JST-XH plug to a 2mm female plug...similar to the one towards the bottom of this how-to article:
http://www.nexusracing.com/newsdesk_...newsdesk_id=72
That way, you could keep the original plug on your pack in case you want to sell it later, etc.

Last edited by Nexus Racing; 06-05-2008 at 11:58 AM. Reason: typo
Old 06-05-2008, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

The connector for the Equinox (sp?) is the one you need. It's a Hobbico product and as far as I can tell, it's exactly the same as the Checkpoint except it comes with the Reedy/SMC/Trak Power adapter.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:21 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Nexus Racing
If you purchase the Checkpoint balancer, then you could just put a female 2mm plug on the center wire of the Reedy battery's balance plug...being sure to properly insulate and/or tuck away the + and - of the balance plug so they do not short on anything.

With this way, you can use the same balancing harness for all your batteries. Your balancer will pick up the + and - readings through the main charging leads.

Also, you could make a small adapter that converts a JST-XH plug to a 2mm female plug...similar to the one towards the bottom of this how-to article:
http://www.nexusracing.com/newsdesk_...newsdesk_id=72
That way, you could keep the original plug on your pack in case you want to sell it later, etc.
good tips
Old 06-05-2008, 02:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by BigDogRacing
The connector for the Equinox (sp?) is the one you need. It's a Hobbico product and as far as I can tell, it's exactly the same as the Checkpoint except it comes with the Reedy/SMC/Trak Power adapter.
The problem with the Equinox adapters is that they are rated at only 3 amps! The Orion adapters will also fit, but I believe they have the incorrect JST-EH plug.