Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Favourite kits

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 01:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Favourite kits

Hi guys, at the moment I own a fairly standard schumacher mi2, it has stardard wheels and tyres, the only thing I have put in is a 10x1 orion motor, msonik4 sprint ESC and it has a fairly basic reciever and servo. Basically I am looking to modify my car to make it a competetive racer, I am looking to go brushless and money is not really to much of a problem, just looking to be pointed in the right direction. Including tyres, wheels, set ups etc.

What cars are popular at the moment, is it going to be better off with me just purchasing a new kit and starting very slowly from scratch to get the set up just right? Can anyone give me some help? Thanks.

Dominic
Old 05-26-2008, 03:24 AM
Tech Adept

Dommo

the best thing you can do is go to your local club and find out what is the most popular car and class, then have a chat with a few guys and make your decision based upon local support from the LHS and local drivers.

steve
Old 05-26-2008, 06:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

It would probally be a good idea to buy a new kit eif money is not an issue. Pick your kit based on local support for parts, usually losi and team ssociated are really easy to get parts for. My personaly preference iws a losi which the same just won the reedy race. As for brushless the sky is the limit, their are many different manufactors that make good sysytems. But the standard esc is the lrp, the gtb or maybe the new tekin. As for popular motorsit would be novak, hacker, orion, losi etc... As for servo andy high troque serco 150oz+ and a reaction time of .12 or lower would be good. As for wheels and tires, it really depends on if you are running rubber or foam and your track conditions.
Good luck!
Brian
Old 06-03-2008, 09:55 AM
Tech Adept

get the small size/weight servo and receiver.

JR/KO makes very good noise fillitering 27/75Mhz receivers. 2.4Ghz I would go for SR3500 by spektrum.

Futaba S9550 is low porfile and the popular one, but a bit slower(to my sense). Sanwa/airtronics ERG-VR is super fast but bigger heavier. I use S9650 with S9257's gear set(only 26g), but it requires some mod on the mounting, too. as for streeing any servo has about 50oz of torque is more than enough. aim for the speed and weight.

you got the nice goodie as start already, keep it up!