Triox Xplosion touring car available soon
Available in August!
TRIOX X-Plosion Touring Car!
All spare parts available!
Features TRIOX X-PLOSION :
* This car beat out a whole field of TC3 and other shaft drive cars in 2002 Japan National. The car with its highly efficient transmission was the car to beat in the highly contested 23T class. The smooth drive train provided loads of punch out of the corners and instantaneous acceleration. For modified racing, the X-Plosion transmission will provide not only fast acceleration, but also more run time as well due to its efficiency.
* The X-PLOSION backbone is a thick, precision cut graphite chassis. The chassis is narrow so it moves all the electronics (motor, batteries, speed controls, receiver and servo) as close to the center line as possible. This provides a good balance and weight distribution for the chassis.
* Due to the Low CG (Center of Gravity) design of the X-PLOSION, the shock towers are actually the highest points of the chassis (excluding the body mounts). So we decided to make these shock towers as strong as possible with 3mm thick graphite, and supported by light weight aluminum mounting blocks, thus providing a durable, flex free setup. The front and rear shock towers both contain numerous upper shock mounting position to maximize tuning ability of the X-PLOSION.
* These are the key features to the amazing efficiency of the X-PLOSION transmission. The machined aluminum front and rear bulkheads along with the graphite lower deck chassis provide the perfect alignment for the front and rear differential. Unlike other shaft drive cars with molded gear cases, the X-PLOSION provides a free spinning transmission right out of the box.
* The X-PLOSION uses a center drive shaft mount like no other car currently on the market. The center shaft is held by two front and rear mounts that drops the input gear over the bulkhead into the diffs. Not a single point on the shaft is mounted on the lower chassis deck. The center shaft of the X-PLOSION is made of a single piece solid graphite, which is more twist resistant under hard acceleration and providing a no energy loss power transfer to the input gears.
* The X-PLOSION bevel ring gear is another unique design. Unlike bevel ring gears in other cars, the X-P’s ring gears are twice as thick and concave the opposite direction. This provides a flex free gear that will hold true to its mesh to the input gear, and it is less likely to strip.
* The X-PLOSION diff starts with a pair of light weight Delrin Diff outdrives that are normally offered as a hop-up option for other touring cars. The car uses large diff balls that will provide consistent diff action and longer time between rebuild. The ball diff also features an aluminum adjustment T-bolt that will hold true to your diff adjustment and won’t bend or break during tightening.
* The X-PLOSION uses a light weight anodized aluminum motor mount that grooved to reduce weight, and it is securely mounted on the lower deck through 4 mounting points.
* The X-P uses light weight machined aluminum spur gear adapter/rear input shaft and front input shaft. Aluminum input shafts will provide the precision to keep the center shaft running true and the transmission free and efficient. Another key feature of the X-P.
* The power is transferred to the ground through the X-PLOSION low friction universal driveshafts. These driveshafts are completely rebuildable with all individual parts (bone, joints, and axles) available separately.
* Strong adjustable turnbuckles are used throughout the X-P to make adjustments easily and quickly.
* The X-PLOSION shocks are one of the best currently available on the market. The shocks features threaded shock bodies for making precise pre-load. The aluminum bottom shock ends features rubber seals to keep the shock close tight, and the Teflon cartridge and silicone O-rings keeps the shock action smooth along with the included ultra smooth Ti-Nitride shock shafts. Finally, the shocks features cap screw bleed holes for easy bleeding of the shocks.
* The X-PLOSION comes standard with Aluminum hex hub adapters front and rear. Aluminum hex adapters prevents overtightening of the wheel nut which can bind up the outer bearing of the hub carrier.
* The X-PLOSION uses long span suspension arm for great handling and stability on the track. The X-P also features an option of running mid-span A-arms that are more suitable for short, twisty type tracks. Both span arms are made of top quality material and oversized for durability.
* Large, wide, high density Urethane bumper is included to protect the front end of the X-P.
* While most manufacture uses plastic shock mounting collars and pivot balls, which can crack under stress during racing, TRIOX X-PLOSION uses high strength light weight aluminum shock mounts.
* To protect the internal gears of the X-PLOSION transmission, a set of strong acrylic transmission covers are included. These covers will block out dirt and debris when running on dirty track conditions. The covers are also clear for easy external examination of the input and diff gears.
* Suspension Features: Ackerman, anti-squat, anti-dive, kick-up, camber, toe-in/out, shock positions, and roll centerPicture courtesy of Triox.
This car looks pretty good, had any one ever heard of it or used it?