Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Electric racing, change it how fast you go to how long can you go.... >

Electric racing, change it how fast you go to how long can you go....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Electric racing, change it how fast you go to how long can you go....

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 01:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Exclamation Electric racing, change it how fast you go to how long can you go....

After reading the threads in here lets try a different approach....

Instead of how fast you can go lets make qualifiers and mains longer. Instead of charging the batteries to the max chage them to last longer......

Just an idea....
Old 05-30-2008, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i completely agree, however, when cars get as slow as lets say...
u.s. vintage trans am cars, well, the fun factor starts to decrease (many may argue with me there). It would be cool to see 13.5 or 10.5 lipo cars running longer than 5 minutes, because everyone knows that they can proficiently w/o excess motor ware or battery drain.
This makes me wonder why we aren't conforming to new technology (i.e. lipos and bl motors) by increasing time limits (note- by increasing race length i mean increasing the length of the main event race, not qualifiers).

heck, we have been running 5 minutes for how long?
and last time increase was only 60 seconds?

Geared right i can run EP 42's with a brushed 19t for a solid 9 minute practice.

i cant even imagine the possibilities with lipo and bl.

The thing i dont agree about is the qual length, personally i would rather have 3 five minute sessions to get my car dialed for the main than 2 if not 1 qual that is double the length, plus big races have entry limits anyway due to the amount of time it would take to allow everybody to run.

(lol, my local track struggles even to get everybody in line enough to get 3 quals and a main in a weekend race day)
Old 05-30-2008, 03:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

We've been racing 6 min for the last year now localy. 6 min quals and mans in all TC classes except Mod. Guys love it in our area and it hasn't effected the program length to bad. AT the most it's increased our program about 30 min a day. That 1 min increase doesn't sound like a lot but our racers gear differently for 6 min vs. 5 min and the love the extra battle time on the track. No longer does it take a 5 min prefect run to win in stock in our area. Make a bobble or two and you could still be in the hunt. Make a bobble in a 5 min race and most likely your race is done. Plus how many times have we all heard " I was reallin ya, if I only had another min" we'll we gave it to them and our racers love it. In fact mastes at this years paved nats is 6 min racing
Old 05-30-2008, 03:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by schurcr
In fact mastes at this years paved nats is 6 min racing
That's an awufull long time for those old kodgers ...will you have a break in between there somewhere for them? Or at least la-z-boys for them to sit on the drivers stand?
Old 05-30-2008, 03:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by HarshGuy
That's an awufull long time for those old kodgers ...will you have a break in between there somewhere for them? Or at least la-z-boys for them to sit on the drivers stand?
Harsh ... being that the extra 60 seconds is almost an eternity for the old farts we will be offering a designated driver and Lazy-Boy rental program for this years nats. Q's already hard at work getting the Dish Network and individual plazma screens for the geyzers so they can watch their home girls the Golden Girls while their DD's wheel their cars. Sory old guys, we didn't want to offer the Playboy channel for rear that we'd have to have a cardio surgery team on site.
Old 05-30-2008, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I can get a solid 10-15 minutes on my 17.5 and lipo sedan geared pretty tall.