Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
I am new to this please help >

I am new to this please help

I am new to this please help

Old 05-27-2008, 11:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default I am new to this please help

I am new to the rc racing world. If you could please help me with which car would be the best for me to stasrt with and what site is the best for equipment.
Old 05-27-2008, 01:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Probably the best thing to do is run what most of your local racer are running. That way your local shop would more than likely have good parts support for you and there would be plenty of people to help you with set-up for the car. Now if you don't want to go that route my personal suggestion is the Tamiya TA05. It is a tank and is very good to learn on and it will get faster with you as your skills increase.

Last edited by JCarr; 05-27-2008 at 04:41 PM.
Old 05-27-2008, 02:41 PM
Tech Champion

+1 with the ta05. It is a very capable,yet strong club level car. Ive raced mine for a year with very few problems

I like racing indoors too as it is sometimes easier to find a good setup and better grip. Outdoors can be a lottery on tyres and the grip levels.

From a newcomer point of view, imho racing indoors on a big track is really good fun all year round.

As for equipment, popular motors are 27t or 19t. Or if you choose brushless motors 13.5 and 10.5. A good stock 27t motor will get you started and wont be too fast.

As said though, go to your local track/lhs and see what classes and cars are raced. That should give you a good idea of what car is popular around your way.
Old 05-27-2008, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

my starting car is a ta05 MS. its awesome. just over a few months i had it and im running 27t, god its fast. i think go with a tc5 for associated with 27t or brushless 17.5 if you got the cash. learn everything here!