Hey Dommo7, welcome back!
There has been so many changes even recently. So, I'll throw some general advice your way:
- most sedans are very comprable in performance with the right knowledge. Stick with something your local shop carries parts for. Popular brands include Corally, X-Ray, Losi (type R), Associated Tc5. If you can, go with a new kit or if you buy used plan to strip her down to screws a rebuild fresh. Either way look to emulate the faster/est drivers.
- brushless/lipo. NOT required but you'll get a lot more performance with less hassle right out of the gate. 17.5/13.5 is more than fast enough.
- get a good charger and a comfortable radio
- servo's are important, invest in a good one.
- have as much fun as you can. we're all a bunch of adults playing with toys.