Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
HARD TIMES IN EUROPE FOR 2.4GHz SYSTEMS? >

HARD TIMES IN EUROPE FOR 2.4GHz SYSTEMS?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HARD TIMES IN EUROPE FOR 2.4GHz SYSTEMS?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 02:15 PM
Tech Adept

Default HARD TIMES IN EUROPE FOR 2.4GHz SYSTEMS?

http://www.efra.ws/news/download/200..._WAS-RLANS.pdf

Old 05-21-2008, 06:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hope it ends well.
Personally I wouldnt like going back to 40mhz.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Not likely. It has always been the case in Europe that we can get single-meeting exemptions for use of frequencies that are not usually legal. WCs run in the UK have had exemptions to allow use of your US 72Mhz frequencies, and we have also had exemption to allow 29Mhz.

The problem seems confined to Belgium mostly, where for some reason the Government won't allow the use of 2.4Ghz. At the recent European Championships in Germany, we all used 2.4 Ghz without any problems.

Sometimes, there is a balance that has to be made by National Associations between getting races organised and attracting big entries, and ensuring that as a responsible body inside the National Governmental Organisations, we play our part. It might seem like something, but it will probably end up as nothing. HTH
Old 05-21-2008, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

if I lived in Europe and 2.4ghz was banned or whatever I'd just order a system from the N. America and use it anyways.
Old 05-22-2008, 03:24 AM
Tech Adept

"No one at the meeting did make any objections against 10mW units,"

This bit means were fine in the UK as its all we (supposed) to use. It seems its only the 100mW units that you can get from the US that there are objections to.
Old 05-22-2008, 03:52 AM
Tech Regular

In the US its allowed with higher output then 100 mW - if so, its not legal in Europe.

To my understanding in the EU: If its frequenzy hopping between more then 15 frequencies then its allowed with 100 mW. If not frequenzy hopping its max 10 mW. FASST systems are ok @ 100 mW but then there's quite a lot non hopping systems around (with a CE badge) that are not max 10 mW.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

If we only run indoor, then i see no problem.

Anyway, not much people are gonna stop running 2.4 regardless off rules and bans on frequency.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Niklas Edlund
In the US its allowed with higher output then 100 mW - if so, its not legal in Europe.

To my understanding in the EU: If its frequenzy hopping between more then 15 frequencies then its allowed with 100 mW. If not frequenzy hopping its max 10 mW. FASST systems are ok @ 100 mW but then there's quite a lot non hopping systems around (with a CE badge) that are not max 10 mW.
Aren't most of the 100 mW systems using FHSS? Or is the newer Spektrum DSM 2.0 as well (in which case it would not be allowed)?
Old 05-23-2008, 01:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by oXYnary
Aren't most of the 100 mW systems using FHSS? Or is the newer Spektrum DSM 2.0 as well (in which case it would not be allowed)?
To my knowledge - none of their systems (air or surface) are frequenzy hopping between more then 15 channels - its max 2 channels I think - but please correct me if Im wrong! If I'm correct the new DX3R radio is the only one (in their radio/module system range) with max 10 mW output but we havent messured it ourselves though. As of 2.4GHz things being "allowed" or not its not so clear... That also what the EU meeting (which this thread is about) was concluding I beleive.