Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
what happens to factory drivers cars after they used them? >

what happens to factory drivers cars after they used them?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

what happens to factory drivers cars after they used them?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2002, 04:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default what happens to factory drivers cars after they used them?

i always wondered what happened to factory driver's cars after they are done racing them. also how often to they replace them and the parts? can someone clue me in on this area, thanks!
Old 01-03-2002, 04:26 PM
Tech Addict

I would like to think that they keep them as a souvener, but then again the company probably takes them in for disposal or display.
Old 01-03-2002, 04:31 PM
Tech Addict

Wink

1998 Yokomo catalog has a big pic of Masami with most of his title winning cars and trophies.
I don't know if he hangs on to the cars or if Yokomo do...
Old 01-03-2002, 04:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i know kyosho kept kanai's 7.5 and displayed it dirt and all.

however i would think that most pro's replace there cars every once and while since things wear out, i know i replace alot of the parts on the cars i race, and they most likely or i would think do alot more driving and testing then i do.
Old 01-03-2002, 06:24 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Most of the guys I know keep the majority of their cars. Remember that just because you're a "factory driver" doesn't mean you get an unlimited supply of cars and parts. The R&D guys get that stuff when something is in development, but not all factory guys are directly connected to factory R&D.

If a particular car wins a huge race, the company (as mentioned about Kyosho) will often confiscate the car and replace it with another.
Old 01-03-2002, 08:05 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

I keep all my cars and parts with me. Im not sure how most companies work but I think that if you leave a company most require you to return all items that you recieved for free. You under no circumstances to sell any item that you recieve for free. Most companies probably have a big used stock room for the old cars...LOL...I know that I have a few parts that were turned back in when drivers left to go to another company.

ea
Old 01-03-2002, 10:11 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

EAMotorsports: at the rate that companies upgrade the cars these days, they probably need something larger than a stock room to hold the old ones! Maybe and warehouse!
Old 01-04-2002, 04:12 AM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Thats true about factory drivers not getting a huge supply of spares all the times. But if you are the main man, like Pavidis, or Masami, then the company will not refuse to give you spares to win. I mean take a look at Spashett's car, its all banged up. But then you look at the AE drivers, the cars are always neat and clean and no scratches? Also Hara's car seems clean, but if you look at the anodising its mostly worn off.