Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Indoor Asphalt vs. Indoor Carpet >

Indoor Asphalt vs. Indoor Carpet

Like Tree5Likes

Indoor Asphalt vs. Indoor Carpet

Old 08-08-2003, 09:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

KevinK- if that sig is about who I think it's about that is quite inappropriate... each man is allowed to make his own decisions and mistake... don't hold peoples past mistakes agianst them and also don't listen to what other jealious so called "motor gurus" say about a person just because he won't endorce a product he feels is inferior.....
Old 08-08-2003, 10:05 PM
Tech Master

Lightbulb

Hey you will scratch your chassis up MORE running it out in front of your house than you will at an outdoor asphalt track. If SRS is like our club we get out there with leaf blowers and make sure there are no rocks or debris. I dunno about yall but I don't get out there in my street and clear it of debris everytime I run my cars in front of my house.
Old 08-09-2003, 12:50 AM
Tech Regular

I don't know how any of you can drive your "race car" at a parking lot, that is reserved for my parking lot car, at the HITEC race this year, all the NITRO cars used my poor car as breaks in practice.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,my race car has never been driven anywhere but SoCal!,,,,,,,,,,,,,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,oh does any one run at that new track in LAS VEGAS, I think it is called east side r/c and hobbies?
Old 08-09-2003, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Both are good!!
But I like carpet more since the car doesnt get that dirty!!

with asphlat--its okay too JUST as long as nitro cars don't run in the indoor track too. Too much gooey stuff on your tires and your ride height seems to increase after every run
Old 08-09-2003, 05:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yea, running your car outside definately scratches it, thats why I have a basher

Lucky where I live, there is heavy traffic when the sun is setting for some odd reason so there aren't really any rocks thank god! kinda works 2 ways, screw around during the day on a 'clean' street, while not having heavy traffic. Anyways, as long as all I have to worry about is scratches who gives a hoot?

That is pretty true that carpet changes as more cars run on it. Rubber gets laid down, which equals more traction, although outside the temp can drop 10 degrees in minutes, humidy can sky rocket, and all kinds of other stuff. All I know is that when I raced quarter midgets, my car would be DIALED, the track would go up 10 degrees and I was shittin my pants and had to run off my line so I didn't bike it in a corner. I just think there are more variables in outdoor racing.
Old 08-09-2003, 09:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

HELLO?!?!?!? Does anyone read the topic It says INDOOR ASPHALT.... and like I said before INDOOR asphalt is much different from OUTDOOR asphalt.... a prepared indoor raceway is far-far-far superior to a parking lot..... and still people refuse to let the stereotype of what a parkinglot track is go......

And yet I see posts saying "my car gets all scratched up when I run it in the street"..... WELL DUH!!!! And "it will be fine as long as nitros don't run on it".... AGIAN DUH!!!!!!

How many of you have actually ran on a prepared INDOOR asphalt track???
Old 08-09-2003, 09:56 PM
Tech Regular

The subject has ummm.....twisted a little
Old 08-09-2003, 09:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Impact is right folks.....Keep in mind my original question........Indoor Carpet vs Indoor Asphalt/Concrete??.
personally, I'm kind of a purist. Part of the enjoyment comes from racing on a similar surface as the full size guys do so i'm not real thrilled about carpet. I like variations in the track surface.
But......If i were going to build an indoor facility....I was wondering what you guys would think !!!!! After all.....you'd be the ones paying the money. Thanks all
Old 08-09-2003, 11:12 PM
Tech Master

ok i'm not 100% sure who this is??? but i would take carpet over and other surface every time! indoors or out! that being said i would just pay my entry fee and race..i would not have to replace the carpet every year ..so the shoe might be on the other foot if i had to pay for carpet maintnance.. but still my vote goes for carpet..anything indoors is good for me in florida..make sure you offer oval! make sure to crank the a/c ! lol

if you asked could we have a carpet track but no a/c ? or a indoor track not carpet but a/c i vote a/c,lol. build it and they will come! there is now rumor of at least 3 different indoor tracks buzzing around florida now..tampa? melbourne? orlando? who builds it first wins!
Old 08-11-2003, 05:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by IMPACTPLAYR
:

How many of you have actually ran on a prepared INDOOR asphalt track???
yes, I have,,,,,,,,,,,,,It is this great track in California called SoCal R/C Raceway
Old 11-28-2019, 09:04 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Socal

Originally Posted by bubbles
yes, I have,,,,,,,,,,,,,It is this great track in California called SoCal R/C Raceway
Socal was killer . High grip on 36s worked killer
Old 11-28-2019, 11:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

My vote goes to indoor asphalt...realistic grip levels.
Old 11-29-2019, 03:10 AM
Tech Elite

You guys realize you've pulled out a thread that has been dead since 2003?
Old 11-29-2019, 03:48 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DirkW
You guys realize you've pulled out a thread that has been dead since 2003?
at least give them credit for using the “search” feature instead of creating a new thread lol
Bry195 likes this.
Old 11-29-2019, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Dirt is for farming, carpet is for living rooms, and asphalt is for racing!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.