Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

<--- that's my avatar
Originally Posted by Racecrafter
"Now thats thinking with your dipstick Jimmy!"
Old 07-23-2009, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Timmie
Hahaha! yeah I know....I been steady at it. One things for sure, I hate painting mini cooper bodies Its like trying to paint the inside of my cereal bowl But got to get Laurie's car looking good As it stands right now though, don't think I will be going to sleep tonight lol!
So what else is new!!?? LOL, you better get some rest for next weekend though!! My Yok will be done and ready this weekend for next weekend. I ain't staying up all night the night before the race again!
Old 07-24-2009, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by J.Dy
<--- that's my avatar
When I was in my late teens my Dad use to say; "Stop thinking with your dipstick."

My name being Jimmy,(& that our family roots in Scotland) naturally its my fav commercial of all time !! Hahaha
Old 07-24-2009, 11:14 AM
Tech Adept

lol that's funny. Are you going to the rcgt race in corona?

When I was in my late teens my Dad use to say; "Stop thinking with your dipstick."

My name being Jimmy,(& that our family roots in Scotland) naturally its my fav commercial of all time !! Hahaha
Old 07-24-2009, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by J.Dy
lol that's funny. Are you going to the rcgt race in corona?

OH, you know it!!

I'll be there early......
Old 07-25-2009, 02:05 PM
Tech Adept

Default Trimming body posts

I'm trimming my body posts for my TB-03 and I want to leave enough room for other bodies. Can anyone with a PROTOform R9-R body tell me how many holes I should leave for that body when running at a 10mm ride height?

I figure that'll be the highest I'll need clips.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:52 AM
tns
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by bluesxman
I'm trimming my body posts for my TB-03 and I want to leave enough room for other bodies. Can anyone with a PROTOform R9-R body tell me how many holes I should leave for that body when running at a 10mm ride height?

I figure that'll be the highest I'll need clips.

I see from your avatar we're both using NSX bodies I haven't got the R9-R, and I'm guessing you haven't got yours yet either. Perhaps rather than trim the body posts now you could get the boy first, then trim the posts? Can't go wrong this way. There's no hurry right?
Old 07-26-2009, 08:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tns
I see from your avatar we're both using NSX bodies I haven't got the R9-R, and I'm guessing you haven't got yours yet either. Perhaps rather than trim the body posts now you could get the boy first, then trim the posts? Can't go wrong this way. There's no hurry right?
No doubt I could wait to get my body, but it may be a while, honestly. I wont get a new body until the NSX body is toast or I decide to get into airbrushing.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:42 AM
tns
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by bluesxman
No doubt I could wait to get my body, but it may be a while, honestly. I wont get a new body until the NSX body is toast or I decide to get into airbrushing.
I see...well, perhaps one of the regulars here who use R9Rs (Timmie?) can help then. I doubt there'll be much to trim though.

I've had rather severe (and numerous) impacts and scrapes to my bodyshell, and it's still holding up (with the help of reinforcing tape ) So yeah, it may indeed be awhile before you'll need to replace yours. Tamiya builds them tough...
Old 07-26-2009, 09:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tns
I see...well, perhaps one of the regulars here who use R9Rs (Timmie?) can help then. I doubt there'll be much to trim though.
I assume there'll be a lot to trim. The body posts have so much extra I think I could mount a monster truck shell on there. With the NSX body, I'm only at hole 3 and 5, rear and front.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Timmie is at the TCS race this weekend. I don't know if he has mounted the body you are looking for, but he did have a TC shell mounted on it a week or so ago, but I'm guessing it was a Mazda Speed.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Very lightly Hopped Up TB03 takes TQ and A-main victory today at Round 3 of the Speedtech RCGT Showdown series.

Just proving that you don't need a Ultra $$$ TC to see victory in RCGT.

(It just needs to be made by Tamiya though)
Old 07-26-2009, 09:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Cool! Nice work Jimmy the Racecrafter Bet the looks on there faces were priceless

Well I just got home from Maryland TCS. Had a good time. Great racing and awesome group of racers. I took TQ and first in GT2 with my TB03, and TQ'd in GT1 with my EVO5MS but had to skip the main due to a servo that crapped out on me. TB03 was really dialed all this weekend. Shaft is back

About the R-9R body, yes I use them a lot. They are very aggressive and work well for me. As far as the body mount holes I am sorry I don't remember and cut mine down for the ARTA body I will let ya know when I get some new body posts this week.

Ok I'm about to pass out. post some stuff up tomorrow. Gratz again on your win Racecrafter!!
Old 07-27-2009, 12:22 AM
Tech Adept

Congrats Jimmy!

Very lightly Hopped Up TB03 takes TQ and A-main victory today at Round 3 of the Speedtech RCGT Showdown series.

Old 07-27-2009, 03:39 AM
Tech Adept

That's what I like to read!! A lightly hopped up Tamiya TB03 is victourious above all the those Ultra €€€( I'm from Europe) TC's. Great driving, Great car congrats!!

I cann't agree more that it needs to be made by Tamiya

JD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.