R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-27-2009, 05:30 PM   #1276
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Group B Monster View Post
the stock dogbone are not good. You need to switch to 44 universal. At first I use 46 because the kit said it , but 46 is too tight specialy if you put some camber they will bind with 1A-1A mount , so I got a 44 for the front and its fit nicely. (46 fit in my rear)

Running too much radius with stock bone will result in this:

Also you said your knuckle hit the c arm when you turn. I just check mine and the servo stop before that so, something wrong with your C arm maybe. How are your turnbuckle for the camber in the front? Are they straight or the outter cup (c arm ) are more toward the front of the car? Try to switch the c arm around.

Group B & Driftwoof,

Thanks for the pictures! Now I understand what is going on. As stated going to 44mm CV drives will help with radius. Sorry for my ignorance as I did not assemble my TB out of the kit with the dog bones.

Either go to 44mm CV drives or take a dremel and grind the axlecup down. (I prefer the CV drives.) And with a spool make sure to use the steel axle drives.

Jimmy

www.trackstarrc.com ~ www.facebook.com/TrackStarRC ~ Home of the 2x's Stock Nationals Champion TS-Gold & TS-Black tire sauce, TS-1+ lubricants, TS-Precision bearings, XRG Xtreme Racing Grease, Scale Auto Engineering, ElevenTech, WRD2, Carbon 12, Stiff Products
Racecrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:17 PM   #1277
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

That's great guys, thanks for your help.

Just to clarify. These are the parts I need right?

https://www.tamiyausa.com/product/it...oduct-id=54076
https://www.tamiyausa.com/product/it...oduct-id=54078
https://www.tamiyausa.com/product/it...oduct-id=53500

And 46mm length in the back?

Keep in mind I have a Tamiya Front One Way and Tamiya Direct Coupling in the rear.
Will it make a difference? Still 44mm? Thanks again.
DriftWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:45 PM   #1278
Tech Initiate

I got 46 in the rear with the 1XA-1D mount (stock tb-03) but check before , I think the tb-03D dont have the same mount. I got the 46 in the rear because I already have them, if you have to get both get the 44 in rear too maybe in allu too.
Group B Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:33 PM   #1279
Tech Adept

My TB03D come with 42mm!
Old 09-28-2009, 12:38 AM   #1280
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callahan_88 View Post
My TB03D come with 42mm!
I ordered them already crap. 42mm? So will I need the 46mm instead?

I just measured my stock TB-03D dogbones. They are 50mm long. Should I be worried that this isn't over?

Did you buy the TB-03D upgrade pack?

EDIT: I need 42mm not 44mm. It's on my manuel. I need 42 for use with a direct coupling/front one way.

Last edited by DriftWoof; 09-28-2009 at 03:24 AM.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:13 AM   #1281
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Measure from pin to pin on the dogbones.
MOTORMAN29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:05 AM   #1282
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Congrats to Jimmy Wright on his awesome race at mazdacup 2009! Jimmy TQ'd and won this race driving away!His car was fast and hooked up all day. Jimmy was there to help out all tamiya drivers with any questions they had. He even offered people the chance to try out his rocket!
tech5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:37 AM   #1283
Tech Adept

Quote:
Did you buy the TB-03D upgrade pack?
Yes i did!
Old 09-28-2009, 11:20 AM   #1284
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

whats the upgrade pack?
DA_cookie_monst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:09 PM   #1285
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecrafter View Post
Group B & Driftwoof,

Thanks for the pictures! Now I understand what is going on. As stated going to 44mm CV drives will help with radius. Sorry for my ignorance as I did not assemble my TB out of the kit with the dog bones.

Either go to 44mm CV drives or take a dremel and grind the axlecup down. (I prefer the CV drives.) And with a spool make sure to use the steel axle drives.

Jimmy
I forgot to add, I have the same wear on my dogbones. It;s somewhat deep. Is this a design flaw or put together slighty off?

I ordered 42mm Swing Shafts for my TB-03D. It says in the manuel if you have a Front One Way or Direct Coupling to use 42mm swing shafts.

I drift so I need these because I need all the steering I can get out of it. I need the knuckle stopper to hit the C hub to max out my steering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst View Post
whats the upgrade pack?
TB-03D Upgrade Pack

It comes with goodies.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:04 PM   #1286
Tech Initiate

your knuckle are not supose to hit the c arm . mine at max (by hand) are 2 mm away, and more than that the steering shaft will hit the driveshaft. I am using the blue allu horn saver and tamiya hi-torque. Did you try to switch the c arm around? Maybe the tb03D have a different c arm caster... When I drift I use a spoll in the rear and I drift with throttle more than steering, and I use the dual rate are 60%.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:21 PM   #1287
Tech Master

Mine are also 2mm away. I got the swing shaft to see if I can max out my steering because the steering shaft hits the drive shaft. With swing shafts I can pull a tighter turning radius... I am hoping. I want the knuckle to hit the C arm to max out my steering. 2mm is important to me to gain. I drift in narrow tight tracks so I need all the steering I can get.

I am really hoping the swing shafts work and give me the full turning radius. The stopper is there for a reason and I want to use it maxed out.

We'll see. Thanks for your help. This is the most relaible place to get help for my TB-03D.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:25 PM   #1288
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftWoof View Post
I am really hoping the swing shafts work and give me the full turning radius. The stopper is there for a reason and I want to use it maxed out..
the universal will get ride of the vibration you got from dogbone for sure and maybe give you a little more steering but..

Dont forget the part was original build for the 416 and the steering are not the same.
What will limit the steering radius is the driveshaft/steering clearance and the pushrod for the IFS setup.

using a longer servo arm are the only way I see to get more steering radius..
My advice is max the clearance of the driveshaft and built a setup from there , weight transfer ect will help to drift better in tight track.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:30 PM   #1289
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech5 View Post
Congrats to Jimmy Wright on his awesome race at mazdacup 2009! Jimmy TQ'd and won this race driving away!His car was fast and hooked up all day. Jimmy was there to help out all tamiya drivers with any questions they had. He even offered people the chance to try out his rocket!
Congrats! and grats to you too Heard you put a hurting on the drivers in your class. Sounds like you guys had a great time, thats awesome
Old 09-28-2009, 08:49 PM   #1290
Tech Master

I ordered a Tamiya alluminum servo arm. I don't think it's longer though.

Maybe I'll be fine. Once I get the steering figured out. It's smooth sailing hopefully.

What's a good longer servo arm if not?