R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-14-2009, 09:25 PM   #1171
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmie View Post
Hey! good to know your well Ooo cool your racing the Mazda race too. Dang wish I could come. I won a race this past weekend with my 416. PM me if you want to compare setups hehe. You did awesome at the nats, you just needed that diff a little sooner

I plan on coming back to the left coast for sure sometime this year. My Mom wants to visit with family in Corona so I'm going to go with her. I want to see if there is any races out there that I can try to time it right to make. Know when West coast will re open?
Good to hear Tim!

I'm only 30 minutes from Corona.

Jimmy

Jon Dy, You going to Camarillo?

www.trackstarrc.com ~ www.facebook.com/TrackStarRC ~ Home of the 2x's Stock Nationals Champion TS-Gold & TS-Black tire sauce, TS-1+ lubricants, TS-Precision bearings, XRG Xtreme Racing Grease, Scale Auto Engineering, ElevenTech, WRD2, Carbon 12, Stiff Products
Racecrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:33 PM   #1172
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecrafter View Post
Good to hear Tim!
I missed 3 races already so I think I might sit this one out. Good luck Jimmy (not that you need it), take the gold!
Old 09-15-2009, 12:03 AM   #1173
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Whoa thats cool! nice stuff Florian! Hey can you find me a BMW e30 body over there?
No Problem:

21 EUR just the body.

2 Months ago they sold hundreds of TT-01 chassis with BMW E30 M3 and Mercedes 190 bodies for just 55 - 85 EUR.
Glinzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:00 AM   #1174
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=Timmie;6336934]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift and Sleek View Post
GUYS,

I HAVE FOUND OUT SOMETHING REGARDING MY PROBLEM WITH THE SHAFT BINDING. THERE WAS NO BINDING RIGHT NOW AFTER A LOOK INSIDE THE GEAR CASES. I FOUND OUT TOGETHER WITH SOME OF OUR LOCAL RACERS THAT THE SHIMMING VARRIES WITH THE KIND OF GEAR CASE THAT YOU WILL USE. AS FOR ME I USE A CARBON REINFORCED GEAR CASE FRONT AND REAR. I USED ONLY ONE PIECE OF SHIMMING ON EACH SIDE.

HAVING SAID IM NOW USING A CENTER ONE WAY AND I NOTICE SOMETHING AND I DON'T KNOW IF ITS NORMAL OR NOT. I NOTICED THAT THE PROPELLER JOINT SET REAR GOES UP AND DOWN.

HERE'S A VIDEO ON IT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFngmwjx-NA

I AM NOW LEFT WITH THE KNUCKLE ARM MOTION TO NOT BEING STIFF FOR BEING STIFF WILL NOT LET THE SHOCKS DO ITS WORK. HAVE YOU GUYS TRIED SANDING THE KNUCKLE ARM OR USING DIFFERENT SHIMMING FOR THE KNUCKLE ARM TO SWING FREELY.

REFERENCE PICTURE IS ATTACHED[/QUOTE
Like I said before, you have to check shimming when you change diffs/parts etc to make sure your tolerances have not changed. Its good that you did when you went to the carbon cases, but did you check things out when you put the center one way in? If you shim the center one way correctly, the up and down you are seeing on the prop joint should go away.
Yes, you can do either. I just sand my hub with a fine fingernail file just enough to free things up
Timmie

I have followed every instruction on the manual about the shimming and still it still have the up and down movement of the joint have anyone here uses the center one way? Maybe shimming it more than the manual tells.

Kindly look at the manual adendum picture below if what I have done is right.
Thanks!

Rico
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya TB-03-center-one.jpg  
Old 09-15-2009, 09:59 AM   #1175
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

[QUOTE=Swift and Sleek;6347449]
Quote:

Timmie

I have followed every instruction on the manual about the shimming and still it still have the up and down movement of the joint have anyone here uses the center one way? Maybe shimming it more than the manual tells.

Kindly look at the manual adendum picture below if what I have done is right.
Thanks!

Rico
Rico,

Sorry to jump in this mid way...

Watching your you tube video shows that there is nothing wrong with your shimming. The shaft that the drive shaft cup is on should move. This is where the one way "clutch" bearing resides. Shimming it tight would result in little to no one way movement.

www.trackstarrc.com ~ www.facebook.com/TrackStarRC ~ Home of the 2x's Stock Nationals Champion TS-Gold & TS-Black tire sauce, TS-1+ lubricants, TS-Precision bearings, XRG Xtreme Racing Grease, Scale Auto Engineering, ElevenTech, WRD2, Carbon 12, Stiff Products
Racecrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:29 PM   #1176
Tech Regular

Smile TB03

[QUOTE=Racecrafter;6348089]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift and Sleek View Post

Rico,

Sorry to jump in this mid way...

Watching your you tube video shows that there is nothing wrong with your shimming. The shaft that the drive shaft cup is on should move. This is where the one way "clutch" bearing resides. Shimming it tight would result in little to no one way movement.
Thanks for the info but am I right? I only placed 4 shimmings (as per manual) after the bearing holder and 1 pc of .1mm shim before the bearing?

So does this mean that the up and down movement of the propeller joint set is only ITS NORMAL REACTION? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFngmwjx-NA
Old 09-16-2009, 08:37 AM   #1177
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Good to hear Tim!

I'm only 30 minutes from Corona.

Jimmy

Sweeeeet. Can I bum a ride then? lol
Old 09-16-2009, 08:41 AM   #1178
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glinzo View Post
No Problem:

21 EUR just the body.

2 Months ago they sold hundreds of TT-01 chassis with BMW E30 M3 and Mercedes 190 bodies for just 55 - 85 EUR.
yep thats the one Hmm I send you a PM later about it Wanting to make it match my 1/1. Wish mine was a M3 though
Old 09-16-2009, 08:45 AM   #1179
Tech Addict

[QUOTE=Swift and Sleek;6351443]
Quote:

Thanks for the info but am I right? I only placed 4 shimmings (as per manual) after the bearing holder and 1 pc of .1mm shim before the bearing?

So does this mean that the up and down movement of the propeller joint set is only ITS NORMAL REACTION? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFngmwjx-NA
You still shim the center one way like you would the standard propeller joint shaft, checking for excessive free play and adding shims accordingly but the needle bearings themselves cannot be shimmed and up and down movement in this area is normal.

nevermind, Jimmy already said this lol I'm half awake....yeah what he said

Last edited by Timmie; 09-16-2009 at 08:47 AM. Reason: I haven't slept in 2 days lol
Timmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:56 AM   #1180
Tech Addict

Hi all,

A little off the wall here, but was hoping someone could suggest a good site for free music downloads that I could add to some videos I want to post on YouTube of the TB03 in action. I tried to post one there, but was unaware of the copyright infringement they have implemented. Basically, I am looking for some underground, non famous, heavy metal/rock soundtracks that I could use that actually sounds decent The approved music YouTube has available leaves a lot to be desired Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 09-17-2009, 01:28 AM   #1181
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

I'm looking to replace my stock TB-03D Ball studs for my shocks and maybe all my turnbuckles. I'm tired of yanking them off with pliers because it feels like I am going to break something. I think their size is 5x8mm, confirm?

Will these be a good replacement for my shocks? Would the ball studs be the same for both the turnbuckles and the shocks studs?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXRLD9&P=BR

Those are kinda pricey though, feel free to recommended me some cheaper if you know any. I'm still hunting.
Feel free to recommend.
DriftWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 07:19 AM   #1182
tns
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftWoof View Post
I'm looking to replace my stock TB-03D Ball studs for my shocks and maybe all my turnbuckles. I'm tired of yanking them off with pliers because it feels like I am going to break something. I think their size is 5x8mm, confirm?

Will these be a good replacement for my shocks? Would the ball studs be the same for both the turnbuckles and the shocks studs?

Those are kinda pricey though, feel free to recommended me some cheaper if you know any. I'm still hunting.
Feel free to recommend.
Hi

Why not just use one of these, if you're having trouble removing your turnbuckles & shocks from the ball studs?

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/tools-...c-456_798.html

They do so make things easier
tns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 07:27 AM   #1183
Tech Addict

Quote:

Feel free to recommend.
The steel ones are good for durability. But I prefer to use thesehttp://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=618&id=6257

and these
http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=618&id=6258

I would use the 5X8 for shock mounting positions, and depending on roll centers that you used would determine if you used a 5X5 or 5X8 on other areas of the car.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:09 AM   #1184
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

What about these they are much cheaper. My TB-03D is pretty much stock with a locked rear diff(thanks to tire patches).

http://www.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=4044

http://www.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=4048

4.8mm Fit?

I can't seem to find how long they are.

4.8 x ????

Are they HEX ball studs?
DriftWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 11:22 AM   #1185
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
What about these they are much cheaper. My TB-03D is pretty much stock with a locked rear diff(thanks to tire patches).

http://www.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=4044

http://www.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=4048

4.8mm Fit?

I can't seem to find how long they are.

4.8 x ????

Are they HEX ball studs?
the tamiya ones are hex ball studs. those 3 racing doesnt look like its the same BLUE as the tamiya parts

gotta have matching blue!
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote