R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-13-2009, 06:07 AM   #1141
Tech Regular
 
CSaddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 332
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

I was just going to cut the ball off the axle, take out 2mm and then TIG is back together. You solution seems less invasive!
__________________
TLR 22
Losi SCTE
Blitz Open
Xray T3 RCGT
www.rcmadness.freeforums.org
CSaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 06:08 AM   #1142
Tech Regular
 
CSaddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 332
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmie View Post
Yes the lateral blocks. Then you have a/a front blocks. No they don't include other blocks in the kit unfortunately. Install the 46mm shafts in the rear and see if they clear ok. The rear uses xa/d so It is a little wider. Worse case scenario if the rears fit, is that you would have to buy a pair off 44mm shafts for the front. Or you could purchase wider front blocks. Buying blocks wouldn't be a bad idea either since they can be used in the rear as well to adjust your rear toe. Let us know how you make out.
If the front is wider than the back wont that effect the handling? How would it effect it?
__________________
TLR 22
Losi SCTE
Blitz Open
Xray T3 RCGT
www.rcmadness.freeforums.org
CSaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 06:12 AM   #1143
Tech Addict
 
Timmie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Beautiful North Carolina!
Posts: 706
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSaddict View Post
OK Timmie I see what you are talking about with suspension blocks. I have XD left over from the rear. I need D or C blocks to make this work?
You had a xd block come with your car? Now I need to go look at my left over parts But xd is very short. So that is not the block you need. It should say 1D on the rear, rear block of your car. If you have one more of the 1D blocks left over on your parts tree, install both of them on the front of your car and see if your 46mm shafts fit then.

Also for a great reference and a way to see how to tune with Tamiya blocks, refer to this article on Tamiya's website, its very clear and concisehttp://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/fe...article-id=412
__________________
:: Serpent America ::Desoto Racing :: Track Star Racer Services ::Skyrocket Racing::TOP::
Timmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 06:19 AM   #1144
Tech Regular
 
CSaddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 332
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmie View Post
You had a xd block come with your car? Now I need to go look at my left over parts But xd is very short. So that is not the block you need. It should say 1D on the rear, rear block of your car. If you have one more of the 1D blocks left over on your parts tree, install both of them on the front of your car and see if your 46mm shafts fit then.

Also for a great reference and a way to see how to tune with Tamiya blocks, refer to this article on Tamiya's website, its very clear and concisehttp://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/fe...article-id=412
LOL I just read that while searching about the blocks! Thanks for the help as usual.
__________________
TLR 22
Losi SCTE
Blitz Open
Xray T3 RCGT
www.rcmadness.freeforums.org
CSaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 06:24 AM   #1145
Tech Addict
 
Timmie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Beautiful North Carolina!
Posts: 706
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSaddict View Post
I was just going to cut the ball off the axle, take out 2mm and then TIG is back together. You solution seems less invasive!
LMAO! Now that's what I'm talking about! lol! That is actually something I did once with a car I had, got mad at the replacement cost so I TIG welded the center of some 1/8 buggy axles in its place Saved me 50 bucks hehe

Yes wider front blocks will effect the handling some. But in a good way I think you will find. I see you plan on running 13.5 so with the speed of 13.5 now, the wider blocks will make the front more stable at high speed. You can get away with running no sway bars running wide blocks too. All depends on your setup. Right now I am running C/C front and XA/D for the rear and it feels great for 13.5.
__________________
:: Serpent America ::Desoto Racing :: Track Star Racer Services ::Skyrocket Racing::TOP::
Timmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 06:42 AM   #1146
Tech Regular
 
CSaddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 332
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

So I just looked at the blocks I have left. The 1A has a small hole for a pin and the 1D has a large recess area for a ball stud of sorts. This doesnt seem like I could make it work.
__________________
TLR 22
Losi SCTE
Blitz Open
Xray T3 RCGT
www.rcmadness.freeforums.org
CSaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 07:15 AM   #1147
Tech Addict
 
Timmie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Beautiful North Carolina!
Posts: 706
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSaddict View Post
So I just looked at the blocks I have left. The 1A has a small hole for a pin and the 1D has a large recess area for a ball stud of sorts. This doesnt seem like I could make it work.
Yeah I don't know why they did that, but the A blocks that come with the kit don't have the open end that the hinge pin ball shim fits into. The rear kit blocks do, just like the aluminum ones the rest of the Tamiya cars use. Just to check for fit, If you have two of the plastic D blocks, install both of them at the front of the car. If you don't have extra hinge pin ball shims to check this, take them from the front, rear XA block. I know its a pain, but then you will know what to do next, if you want to run those blocks or buy 44mm axles.
__________________
:: Serpent America ::Desoto Racing :: Track Star Racer Services ::Skyrocket Racing::TOP::
Timmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 07:45 AM   #1148
Tech Regular
 
CSaddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 332
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmie View Post
Yeah I don't know why they did that, but the A blocks that come with the kit don't have the open end that the hinge pin ball shim fits into. The rear kit blocks do, just like the aluminum ones the rest of the Tamiya cars use. Just to check for fit, If you have two of the plastic D blocks, install both of them at the front of the car. If you don't have extra hinge pin ball shims to check this, take them from the front, rear XA block. I know its a pain, but then you will know what to do next, if you want to run those blocks or buy 44mm axles.
The more I think about it the more I think they are getting cut and rewelded. I need to get back to my roots!! Make due with what you have. Thats how I learned to TIG...... I bought this car as a budget racer. Why spend more?
__________________
TLR 22
Losi SCTE
Blitz Open
Xray T3 RCGT
www.rcmadness.freeforums.org
CSaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:13 AM   #1149
Tech Addict
 
Timmie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Beautiful North Carolina!
Posts: 706
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSaddict View Post
The more I think about it the more I think they are getting cut and rewelded. I need to get back to my roots!! Make due with what you have. Thats how I learned to TIG...... I bought this car as a budget racer. Why spend more?
Sounds good, bevel and some 309 rod and call it a day hehe
__________________
:: Serpent America ::Desoto Racing :: Track Star Racer Services ::Skyrocket Racing::TOP::
Timmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:43 AM   #1150
Tech Regular
 
CSaddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 332
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

The 3racing shafts are stainless? I will have to check. I have tons of 309 so that would be great! I make custom turbo manifolds and use 304l so 308 and 309 I use the most.
__________________
TLR 22
Losi SCTE
Blitz Open
Xray T3 RCGT
www.rcmadness.freeforums.org
CSaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:27 AM   #1151
Tech Addict
 
Timmie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Beautiful North Carolina!
Posts: 706
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSaddict View Post
The 3racing shafts are stainless? I will have to check. I have tons of 309 so that would be great! I make custom turbo manifolds and use 304l so 308 and 309 I use the most.
I don't know if they are stainless or not. But I use 309 for mild to mild steel because I like working with it. Makes some pretty beads and seems just as strong. But ER70 is cheap if you don't have some laying around. Cool that you make manifolds, I've done a few for some imports

I know, off subject but we still kinda talked about TB03 hehe
__________________
:: Serpent America ::Desoto Racing :: Track Star Racer Services ::Skyrocket Racing::TOP::

Last edited by Timmie; 09-13-2009 at 10:51 AM.
Timmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 12:09 PM   #1152
Tech Initiate
 
Glinzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Germany, Stuttgart
Posts: 32
Default

It got a little "different"

I can't embed the picture here. So here is a link:

http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/9wcf-4-jpg.html

Last edited by Glinzo; 09-13-2009 at 12:13 PM. Reason: wrong picture size
Glinzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:16 PM   #1153
Tech Elite
 
Racecrafter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: RC Mecca
Posts: 4,138
Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)
Default

Holy Repsol Glinzo!

That is sweet!!
__________________
Jimmy Wright

www.trackstarrc.com ~ www.facebook.com/TrackStarRC ~ Home of the 2x's Stock Nationals Champion TS-Gold & TS-Black tire sauce, TS-1+ lubricants, TS-Precision bearings, XRG Xtreme Racing Grease, Scale Auto Engineering, ElevenTech, WRD2, Carbon 12, Stiff Products
Racecrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 11:44 PM   #1154
Tech Addict
 
Timmie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Beautiful North Carolina!
Posts: 706
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glinzo View Post
It got a little "different"

I can't embed the picture here. So here is a link:

http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/9wcf-4-jpg.html
Man, thats really good. Thanks for posting that up!
__________________
:: Serpent America ::Desoto Racing :: Track Star Racer Services ::Skyrocket Racing::TOP::
Timmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:04 PM   #1155
Tech Master
 
tech5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: At the Track
Posts: 1,103
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Ready for Mazdafest/sevenstock 12!
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya TB-03-rx7-black.jpg  
__________________
TRACKSTARRC.COM
Track Star Racer Services / DE racing / TKO Bearings / AKA Racing / WRD2 / KO Propo / Fantom Motors and Batteries / M2C Racing / Scale Auto Engineering/EKD designs/STRC
"FROM THE BENCH TO THE TRACK, WE GOT YOUR BACK!"
tech5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Selling Schumacher Mi2, Tamiya M02, Tamiya TA04-S, Tamiya TB Evolution 3 Surikarn Ltd st_rob Australia For Sale/Trade 4 12-23-2008 07:37 PM
Tamiya 415 MSX, legacy 2.0, NIP Type A tires, Tamiya towel for sale or trade Fastburn R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 16 09-06-2008 12:45 AM
FS: Tekin Rebel 2 ESC w/ Tamiya GT Tuned Motor & Tamiya AM Radio & Receiver wrxnfx R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 06-10-2008 06:40 PM
Tamiya M03 / Trinity Brushes / Muchmore Battery Cooler / Tamiya M Chassis Wheels bluejays R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 12-16-2007 09:31 PM
Hpi rs4, tamiya tt01, tamiya tg-10, tamiya sprint! MORE!!!!! Genuinekid R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 10 09-10-2007 04:21 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:04 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0