R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-24-2009, 12:00 AM   #901
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Jimmy, congrats on the win today. I was so busy running my import (according to Chris lol) at tamiya saturday, I forgot all about you being there. But I did hear comments later on about that fast guy who runs a TB-03 .

Chris, I ran my ebbro 350 body and all I can say is . Thanks for offering to let me run yours, I just didn't want to scratch it.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:25 AM   #902
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerk View Post
Hi Metla,

Cheers!!
Awesome, Thanks for the info.
Metla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:27 AM   #903
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmie View Post
Buy a aftermarket 90 tooth 64 pitch spur, and use a 54 tooth pinion. That will get you to a 4.00 FDR. It should fit with no problem
I shall do so, But will I need an aftermarket spur adaptor?
Old 08-24-2009, 12:30 AM   #904
Tech Addict

In regards to my earlier question, I linked to two items, One is descibed as a spool, the other as a one-way.

The action of the one way was described as

Quote:
it will engage when driven forward but will be free spinning when you brake or reverse

So far,so good, so what would the action of the spool be?
Old 08-24-2009, 12:52 AM   #905
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Metla, you don't need anything else to mount an aftermarket spur.

A spool would give both front wheels the same amount of power at all times. It's more stable under braking and it has a point and shoot characteristic.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:06 AM   #906
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Dy View Post
Metla, you don't need anything else to mount an aftermarket spur.

A spool would give both front wheels the same amount of power at all times. It's more stable under braking and it has a point and shoot characteristic.
Excellent.

Now I have the required info, I shall unleash the power of the credit card.

Pity no one seems to have the TRF dampers in stock.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:25 AM   #907
tns
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Awesome! Glad the car was working out for you better this weekend. Do you have the steering parts upgraded? Are you using a Tamiya hi torque servo saver? If you are using the Tamiya saver, It's probably why the car is wandering in different directions. They work nice but if you get in some bad wrecks or side smack barriers a lot you will develop some free play with it. Then what happens is, you tap a barrier and your car might pull to the left. Straighten the car out on your radio and its fine. Smack something else all the sudden your car pulls to the right Its very frustrating Go get your car and turn the radio on and the car. Look very closely at your servo saver. Now while looking at it, grab one of your front wheels and try to turn it left and right. When you fight the steering servo like this, if the servo arm and saver move at the same time, its not the problem. But if you see the servo arm move and the saver doesn't, then theres the problem. Its developed play internally so it will slip and then stick either a little to the left or a little to the right.
Yeah, I'm using a steering upgrade (from 3 racing) , as well as tamiya's hi-torque servo saver. Heck, i have so many hop-ups (even the bumper! The larger EX one seems to offer the body shell better protection as it would not cave in as much in a front-on collision) I'm running out of stuff to get ...I should post a photo of the chassis sometime...

Anyway...I've checked the servo saver as per your suggestion, and all seems fine (trying to move the wheels doesn't move the servo saver, just makes the servo buzz in annoyance. I didn't dare try to use too much strength though - don't want to end up breaking the servo in the process ). The car seems to be able to go in a straight line if I were to drive it slowly, so maybe it was due to the damp track after all. Guess I'll only know for sure if I try a high speed run when I next get the chance...
tns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:36 AM   #908
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Hi Redko,

I'll give you a hand with your setup if you like. Are you going to be racing on Tamiya Type A tires? Do you plan on using ball diff or oneway? The CVA shocks work good, No worries there. Once you tell me some more information I will post a setup for you to try.

hi Bro thks for the offer.

according to the rules i am not allowed to use 24mm tires. only stock 26mm tires is allowed. i will most likely be using 26mm radial with soft foam insert and 26mm 0 offset dish rims. and i am only allowed to use ball diff. i will be using either tamiya NSX or F430 bodyshell.

thks.

will be awaiting the help from you.

thanks
Redko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:00 AM   #909
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Dy View Post
Jimmy, congrats on the win today. I was so busy running my import (according to Chris lol) at tamiya saturday, I forgot all about you being there. But I did hear comments later on about that fast guy who runs a TB-03 .

Chris, I ran my ebbro 350 body and all I can say is . Thanks for offering to let me run yours, I just didn't want to scratch it.

No problem Jon. I was busy as well. Funny how "small" a place can be yet never run into each other

My calendar has TCS locked in for this weekend, however I know I will have things come up (it always happens) I will do my very best to be there for what ever support is needed for the racers or the staff.

Jimmy W
Racecrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:33 AM   #910
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

J.Dy.... the R35 is even better with more steering. im just too used to the Ebbro to venture far from it maybe next season's race series ill use it more often.

Jimmy: thanks for the help and "test" driving my car. car was awesome in my last run tons of cornerspeed but you DID have an unfair motor/battery advantage. i told you my car has TONS of steering.

note to everyone... if you guys have a binding problem with your steering geometry... loosen the screws 1/4 turn at a time on your steering knuckles. i overtigtened mine and it was binding it up.

t-minus 3 days until TCS Nats practice! WOO HOO!!!
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:18 AM   #911
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecrafter View Post
Timmie,

I made a few changes to the suspension today and stuck with the Garaiya body. It's low, it's light and today it was just right! TQ and Win in Corona.

Timmie, I'm running the carbon "boomerang" wing. It's super light and works really good. I've got the body sitting as low as it will go. It's actually sitting flat on the rear shock tower.
Haha after I read your little rap I laughed out in real life! hehe GO JIMMY! Grats on another win! It was RCGT series? If so you have it in the bag for sure I would imagine! You went gangsta on everyone yet again

Oi! Bumbling boomerang wing! heheh cool. Will try one out sometime. As of right now I'm locked and loaded for TCS

Hey don't forget that email please
Old 08-24-2009, 11:22 AM   #912
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redko View Post
hi Bro thks for the offer.

according to the rules i am not allowed to use 24mm tires. only stock 26mm tires is allowed. i will most likely be using 26mm radial with soft foam insert and 26mm 0 offset dish rims. and i am only allowed to use ball diff. i will be using either tamiya NSX or F430 bodyshell.

thks.

will be awaiting the help from you.

thanks
Ok np buddy give me till tonight I will put something out, going to go throw my track owners TB03 on the carpet to see where it stands.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:40 PM   #913
Tech Addict

Florian PM
Old 08-24-2009, 12:56 PM   #914
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Quote:
Haha after I read your little rap I laughed out in real life! hehe GO JIMMY! Grats on another win! It was RCGT series? If so you have it in the bag for sure I would imagine! You went gangsta on everyone yet again

Oi! Bumbling boomerang wing! heheh cool. Will try one out sometime. As of right now I'm locked and loaded for TCS

Hey don't forget that email please
Timmie,

No just a weekend race locally. I'll email you back tonite.

Chris,

I do have a motor/battery advantage.... Fantom! LOL! Their equipment is awesome!

After TCS I'll let you give their batteries and motor a try. The combo in your TB will make you giggle like a school girl. The gearing we talked about at Tamiya was from West Coast. I ran it in the 94 degree weather at Corona and it got hot but never faded! I want to see the official sheet but I remember hearing 12.4ish lap times through out the whole 7 minutes. Came off at 183.

Jimmy
Racecrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 01:02 PM   #915
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecrafter View Post
Timmie,

No just a weekend race locally. I'll email you back tonite.

Chris,

I do have a motor/battery advantage.... Fantom! LOL! Their equipment is awesome!

After TCS I'll let you give their batteries and motor a try. The combo in your TB will make you giggle like a school girl. The gearing we talked about at Tamiya was from West Coast. I ran it in the 94 degree weather at Corona and it got hot but never faded! I want to see the official sheet but I remember hearing 12.4ish lap times through out the whole 7 minutes. Came off at 183.

Jimmy
i wont hold my breath. im still waiting for my Fantom stickers. [/end verbal abuse]

yah your car looked like a 13.5 on sat.
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote