R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-20-2009, 01:30 AM   #841
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 43
Default

Too bad I dont have the post number to post a picture because Timmie trick to add a screw in the upright is a good one. I had a crash last week, the short story is I flip over multiple time and I land on the rear right wheel and the force of the impact on the bottom of the wheel pop out the 5mm ball of the upright and the ball lean toward the second hole and destroy the upright holes.

If someone want to post it for me: (http : //) i21.photobucket.com/albums/b294/woogoo/HPIM2631.jpg

I saw the shrink tube idea a couple time already its a good one too, its keep the cdv pin inside and not on the road.
Group B Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:46 AM   #842
Tech Adept
 
J.Dy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 155
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

__________________
R1wurks Competition Products
ABC Hobby USA
J.Dy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:59 AM   #843
Tech Elite
 
Racecrafter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: RC Mecca
Posts: 4,138
Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)
Default

Alright, alright!!

I'll be out at Tamiya Saturday morning!! Sheesh!

(Not for you Chris, just for Jon........ ) J/K



Jimmy W
Racecrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:49 AM   #844
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecrafter View Post
Alright, alright!!

I'll be out at Tamiya Saturday morning!! Sheesh!

(Not for you Chris, just for Jon........ ) J/K



Jimmy W


trash talking always works. see you saturday

Timmie... your new home.. www.chrislim.net/tb-03

ill get a better template up there and get the categories sorted out.
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:36 AM   #845
Tech Elite
 
Racecrafter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: RC Mecca
Posts: 4,138
Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post


trash talking always works. see you saturday

Timmie... your new home.. www.chrislim.net/tb-03

ill get a better template up there and get the categories sorted out.
OK I'm registered.....
Racecrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:49 AM   #846
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecrafter View Post
OK I'm registered.....
upped your permissions to contributor you can add content now just remember, the first image added to the post will be used as the thumbnail.
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:02 PM   #847
Tech Addict
 
Timmie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Beautiful North Carolina!
Posts: 706
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post


trash talking always works. see you saturday

Timmie... your new home.. www.chrislim.net/tb-03

ill get a better template up there and get the categories sorted out.
I just registered hehhe....but what do I do now? Lim? Your asian...I knew it
__________________
:: Serpent America ::Desoto Racing :: Track Star Racer Services ::Skyrocket Racing::TOP::
Timmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:06 PM   #848
Tech Addict
 
Timmie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Beautiful North Carolina!
Posts: 706
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Group B Monster View Post
Too bad I dont have the post number to post a picture because Timmie trick to add a screw in the upright is a good one. I had a crash last week, the short story is I flip over multiple time and I land on the rear right wheel and the force of the impact on the bottom of the wheel pop out the 5mm ball of the upright and the ball lean toward the second hole and destroy the upright holes.

If someone want to post it for me: (http : //) i21.photobucket.com/albums/b294/woogoo/HPIM2631.jpg

I saw the shrink tube idea a couple time already its a good one too, its keep the cdv pin inside and not on the road.
Wow yeah, thats what happens without the set screw mod That was a pretty bad wreck, atleast your safe...

Yes thank you, I forgot to add that.....adding the shrink tubing also prevents the roll pins from flinging out of your axles. Especially the front ones when you run a spool. The rears never really come a part.
__________________
:: Serpent America ::Desoto Racing :: Track Star Racer Services ::Skyrocket Racing::TOP::
Timmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:11 PM   #849
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmie View Post
I just registered hehhe....but what do I do now? Lim? Your asian...I knew it
at the top, you should see a "site admin" link. click on that.. from there you can go to the "post" link on the left... and go to "add new".

make sure you select the correct categories on the right column. at the bottom just make sure the author listed is yourself.

you can add images, etc... pretty self explanatory. i posted a hopup on there. use that as a template for adding hopups.
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:19 PM   #850
Tech Addict
 
Timmie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Beautiful North Carolina!
Posts: 706
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post
at the top, you should see a "site admin" link. click on that.. from there you can go to the "post" link on the left... and go to "add new".

make sure you select the correct categories on the right column. at the bottom just make sure the author listed is yourself.

you can add images, etc... pretty self explanatory. i posted a hopup on there. use that as a template for adding hopups.
AH ha! I will try messing with it sometime soon. Need to finish taking more pictures and writing out things. Is there a limit to the amount of pics that can be uploaded in one post?
__________________
:: Serpent America ::Desoto Racing :: Track Star Racer Services ::Skyrocket Racing::TOP::
Timmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:23 PM   #851
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmie View Post
AH ha! I will try messing with it sometime soon. Need to finish taking more pictures and writing out things. Is there a limit to the amount of pics that can be uploaded in one post?
nope.. go crazy.. well dont go too crazy.

i recommend you shrink your photos down to 640px wide (height can be proportional). ill upload your grub screw "tip" and just post it under your name.
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:30 PM   #852
Tech Addict
 
Timmie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Beautiful North Carolina!
Posts: 706
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post
nope.. go crazy.. well dont go too crazy.
Yeah I was about to say....remember who your talkin too I'm insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post
recommend you shrink your photos down to 640px wide (height can be proportional). ill upload your grub screw "tip" and just post it under your name.
Ok thanks for the tip. Oooooo the power of the webmaster
__________________
:: Serpent America ::Desoto Racing :: Track Star Racer Services ::Skyrocket Racing::TOP::
Timmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:59 PM   #853
Tech Initiate
 
Glinzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Germany, Stuttgart
Posts: 32
Default

I found a Group C Body for the IFS Chassis (TA-05 IFS, TA-05 ver.II, TB-03 and the F-103). I know that this isn't a GT body but it looks kind of interesting:



It comes clean. No decals or paint on it. But very low between the front tires. Nice to look at.

18,00 EUR (~ 25,00 $)

Too bad the Advan Courage LC70 doesn't fit properly. But i'll give it a try...


Last edited by Glinzo; 08-20-2009 at 01:19 PM.
Glinzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:13 PM   #854
Tech Elite
 
Racecrafter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: RC Mecca
Posts: 4,138
Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glinzo View Post
I found a Group C Body for the IFS Chassis (TA-05 IFS, TA-05 ver.II, TB-03 and the F-103). I know that this isn't a GT body but it looks kind of interesting:



It comes clean. No decals or paint on it. But very low between the front tires. Nice to look at.

18,00 EUR (~ 25,00 $)

Too bad the Advan Courage LC70 doesn't fit properly. But i'll give it a try...

The RCGT guys would FREAK! If I showed up to run that body!!

Its a GT body! Group C in the US was known as GTP or GT-Prototype.... The Garaiya and the 350R are very close to this. However the spirit of the class would be compromised and I don't want that to happen.

Jimmy W
Racecrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 03:51 AM   #855
Tech Regular
 
CSaddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 332
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

I think I read this entire thread. So addicting.....anywho. Whats the deal with the 3racing shock sets? Is there much difference between those and the Tamiya sets? Do the Tamiya spring sets work with the 3racing shocks? Does Tamiya make an blue anodized set that Im not seeing? Im trying to stay budget minded with the car. Its my first on road.

If this info was listed in the thread previously I didn't see it.

Thanks
David
__________________
TLR 22
Losi SCTE
Blitz Open
Xray T3 RCGT
www.rcmadness.freeforums.org
CSaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Selling Schumacher Mi2, Tamiya M02, Tamiya TA04-S, Tamiya TB Evolution 3 Surikarn Ltd st_rob Australia For Sale/Trade 4 12-23-2008 07:37 PM
Tamiya 415 MSX, legacy 2.0, NIP Type A tires, Tamiya towel for sale or trade Fastburn R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 16 09-06-2008 12:45 AM
FS: Tekin Rebel 2 ESC w/ Tamiya GT Tuned Motor & Tamiya AM Radio & Receiver wrxnfx R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 06-10-2008 06:40 PM
Tamiya M03 / Trinity Brushes / Muchmore Battery Cooler / Tamiya M Chassis Wheels bluejays R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 12-16-2007 09:31 PM
Hpi rs4, tamiya tt01, tamiya tg-10, tamiya sprint! MORE!!!!! Genuinekid R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 10 09-10-2007 04:21 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:20 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0