R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-19-2009, 02:04 PM   #826
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slakr View Post
Timmie... instead of playing with photoshop you should finish my TA05 for me so I can run it this Saturday
No problem You able to get it to me tomorrow? If not come friday, will take me 2 hours to get ya ready to race
Old 08-19-2009, 02:10 PM   #827
Tech Addict

Oh and the picture I said I would post again...Arrow pointing to where I have installed a 3mm setscrew. Like I said it strengthens this area. Very easy mod to make and could save you from a DNF during a race due to a accident[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-19-2009, 02:18 PM   #828
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmie View Post
No problem You able to get it to me tomorrow? If not come friday, will take me 2 hours to get ya ready to race
Sent you a PM

BTW... the photoshop thing is awesome
Old 08-19-2009, 07:59 PM   #829
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Timmie, in your picture, I notice you put a boot for your UJ. That's a neat idea to keep dirt/sand away!
By the way, what did you use for that? A heat shrink tube?

Cheers!!
Quote:
Oh and the picture I said I would post again...Arrow pointing to where I have installed a 3mm setscrew. Like I said it strengthens this area. Very easy mod to make and could save you from a DNF during a race due to a accident[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-19-2009, 08:05 PM   #830
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post
its a wordpress blog.. so not a lot of work is involved driving factor is content. which i always need help with. maybe we can get that Jimmy Wright guy to be involved?
I would be honored to be a part of that!

Can I point at parts with a dip stick????
Racecrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:08 PM   #831
Tech Elite

Quote:
I don't think thats weird at all lol. It works for you and that is all that matters In fact, when I first built the car I ran kinda similar to what your doing. Running dual ball diffs the car just didn't steer or have enough on power steering. So I was running 2mm at location 1, no shims at location 2 on the rear. On the front I was using no shims at all.

I had to use some expo at the Coliseum like you said to take away some turn in to keep my car from traction rolling in the high speed chicanes. But normally I don't run any expo at all. I don't know, I drive like a mad man haha you'll see if ya make it to the nats The way I have my set ups suit my, go into the corner hot, crank the wheel, and as the rear is rotating back into full throttle, driving style
Another Ryan Lutz huh!
Old 08-19-2009, 08:15 PM   #832
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Dy View Post
Jimmy, thanks for sharing your secret. My #1 problem for rcgt is the lack of steering. It was ok for surf city since the track is huge but it's really killing me at speedtech. Are you going to tcs?

Jon,

I'm in no way an expert with this car. Timmie's got much more wheel time and has been able to try many different things.

However, I think I can help you get more steering into your TB. Are you going to Corona this weekend? I'm planning on being there to beat up on the OFNA guys if they show up.

TCS..... I really want to be there and I have it on my calendar but I'm not 100% yet.

Jimmy W
Old 08-19-2009, 08:16 PM   #833
Tech Elite

Timmie! That photo should be on the TB03R's Box art!! Awesome!
Old 08-19-2009, 11:43 PM   #834
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecrafter View Post
Jon,

I'm in no way an expert with this car. Timmie's got much more wheel time and has been able to try many different things.

However, I think I can help you get more steering into your TB. Are you going to Corona this weekend? I'm planning on being there to beat up on the OFNA guys if they show up.

TCS..... I really want to be there and I have it on my calendar but I'm not 100% yet.

Jimmy W
Jimmy,

I'll be at tamiya this weekend so no corona for me. I'll make sure to get some tips from you when I see you at the track.

LOL @ the beating up the OFNA guys. I missed it when you guys ran at west coast.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:47 PM   #835
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by slakr View Post
Sent you a PM

BTW... the photoshop thing is awesome
Thanks By the way, I just finished building your TA05 V2 And I got to check out the chassis I will probably be racing against at the nats a little closer...mwhahahaaha
Old 08-19-2009, 11:56 PM   #836
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerk View Post
Timmie, in your picture, I notice you put a boot for your UJ. That's a neat idea to keep dirt/sand away!
By the way, what did you use for that? A heat shrink tube?

Cheers!!
Hey ya caught one of my mods lol. Yep heat shrink tubing Awhile back I was rebuilding my axles..(used to do it every week) and started thinking hell with this Originally I used a nitro slide carb boot and a small wire tie..looked just like a baby cv axle out of a front wheel drive car HEHE! But settled on a simpler idea, and used shrink tubing. I have only replaced my axles one time in 6 months of racing since doing this mod. And I drive very aggressive so thats really good. Only trick to this mod is getting the ones up front the right length. If you use a piece that is too long it will bind one the front shaft in a tight turn. I plan on covering how I build axles in the write up I'm working on.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:57 PM   #837
Tech Addict

Quote:
I would be honored to be a part of that!

Can I point at parts with a dip stick????
LMAO now that's funny!
Old 08-20-2009, 12:00 AM   #838
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Dy View Post
Jimmy,

I'll be at tamiya this weekend so no corona for me. I'll make sure to get some tips from you when I see you at the track.

LOL @ the beating up the OFNA guys. I missed it when you guys ran at west coast.
ill be at tamiya on sat. i can help if you want. i think jimmy is scared to see my TB-03 thats why he doesnt want to go tamiya
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:14 AM   #839
Tech Addict

Quote:
Timmie! That photo should be on the TB03R's Box art!! Awesome!
Thanks so much Gee I wish it could be I would be floored lol

Hey I was going to ask you, do you find the carbon tub to be pretty consistent on lower traction conditions? Have you had a chance to race it somewhere with lower traction? Checking my TB out after doing the graphite tub and GEEESH is this thing tight!

J.Dy - If you haven't gotten your car sorted out by tcs I don't mind helping you out. I'm not pro or anything, but it never hurts to get others opinions on your setup. Hopefully everyone is super fast there, I want a race.

haha wish I was Ryan Lutz.....then I would be a TRF driver and get to drive a 801X That is one awesome buggy. If I had one I would almost hate to get it dirty its so pretty
Old 08-20-2009, 01:09 AM   #840
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thanks for the offer to help guys. We got some of the nicest people in here. See you guys at the tamiya track .