R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-13-2017, 09:37 AM   #2311
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzein View Post
How are you fitting the gear diff? I tried doing it but it didn't work... do you have pic for It?
I'll try to get a pic of it today since I intended to work on my 03r anyway I did buy the car with the diffs already so I didn't do it myself, but from what I've read, there is just some grinding you need to do on the end of the prop shaft to make it fit.
Old 05-13-2017, 03:53 PM   #2312
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzein View Post
How are you fitting the gear diff? I tried doing it but it didn't work... do you have pic for It?
Here you go, this is what you do to get the TB04 gear diffs in. Really simple, just grind the flat end of the prop shaft just enough so it doesn't rub on the gear diff case and still allows you to get the e-clip on.

Old 05-13-2017, 04:43 PM   #2313
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbbTide View Post
Here you go, this is what you do to get the TB04 gear diffs in. Really simple, just grind the flat end of the prop shaft just enough so it doesn't rub on the gear diff case and still allows you to get the e-clip on.

Thanks, I should try this.
rzein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 11:19 AM   #2314
Tech Regular

Default New to TB-03 - suspension and differentials?

Hi I all,

I just picked up a very nice TB03 from eBay. It's almost specd to a tb03R. I got a good deal on it and am really looking forward to running it alongside with my other Tamiya chassis TA05v1 and Xv-01.

From what I read, it sounds like it's possible to use a rear carbon damper stay from the tb04. Right now the chassis has a carbon Ta03 stay, but it has very wide mounting positions for the posts. I don't feel like putting another set of holes in my 3 lexan bodies since they all get swapped around between my chassis.

The question is, does the tb04 carbon damper stay fit, and secondly, is the mounting position narrower, like the rear of a ta05?

Also I was looking to replace the front spool with a gear diff. I really enjoy the fact that this car came with a spool, a front one way, and a drive shaft one way. All this racing stuff for me to exploit. But there is something about a front diff that really changes the a driving and turning characteristics.

Does anyone have the correct part numbers to piece together a gear diff from the tb04?

So far I have put together:
#51549 - diff case, bevel gears
#51554 - cup joints (steel?)
#51553 - gasket (and 850 bushings?)

Is this all I need or am I missing something?

I primarily drive my cars on the street and I love the feel and low maintenance of a high CST front gear diff. The spool just seems to scrub my wheels.

Anyway, I hope to set my car up for street TC and maybe some light street rally.
4roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 09:01 AM   #2315
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4roller View Post
Hi I all,

I just picked up a very nice TB03 from eBay. It's almost specd to a tb03R. I got a good deal on it and am really looking forward to running it alongside with my other Tamiya chassis TA05v1 and Xv-01.

From what I read, it sounds like it's possible to use a rear carbon damper stay from the tb04. Right now the chassis has a carbon Ta03 stay, but it has very wide mounting positions for the posts. I don't feel like putting another set of holes in my 3 lexan bodies since they all get swapped around between my chassis.

The question is, does the tb04 carbon damper stay fit, and secondly, is the mounting position narrower, like the rear of a ta05?

Also I was looking to replace the front spool with a gear diff. I really enjoy the fact that this car came with a spool, a front one way, and a drive shaft one way. All this racing stuff for me to exploit. But there is something about a front diff that really changes the a driving and turning characteristics.

Does anyone have the correct part numbers to piece together a gear diff from the tb04?

So far I have put together:
#51549 - diff case, bevel gears
#51554 - cup joints (steel?)
#51553 - gasket (and 850 bushings?)

Is this all I need or am I missing something?

I primarily drive my cars on the street and I love the feel and low maintenance of a high CST front gear diff. The spool just seems to scrub my wheels.

Anyway, I hope to set my car up for street TC and maybe some light street rally.
Try using this to see what you need. This is the assembly in the manual. Should be able to get P/N's with this using the parts list in the tb04 manual.

Old 07-18-2017, 09:14 AM   #2316
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbbTide View Post
Try using this to see what you need. This is the assembly in the manual. Should be able to get P/N's with this using the parts list in the tb04 manual.

Thanks vault boy
4roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 09:17 AM   #2317
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4roller View Post
Thanks vault boy
No sweat, happy to help a fellow vault scavenger