R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-13-2011, 06:33 AM   #1951
Tech Master
 
mac853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dirty place
Posts: 1,725
Questions??

Dear for all TB03 users:

Could anybody tell me if fits 3racing carbon chassis since the TB03 has front shock tower with vertical position shocks instead with horizontal position shocks?

Best regards
mac853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 01:26 PM   #1952
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 690
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac853 View Post
Dear for all TB03 users:

Could anybody tell me if fits 3racing carbon chassis since the TB03 has front shock tower with vertical position shocks instead with horizontal position shocks?

Best regards
You might have to rephrase your question. There used to be a 3 Racing carbon chassis conversion kit which has been discontinued. This is the reason I went with the R2 Hobbies conversion if you look a few pages back on this thread.
wrxnfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 06:51 PM   #1953
Tech Master
 
mac853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dirty place
Posts: 1,725
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxnfx View Post
You might have to rephrase your question. There used to be a 3 Racing carbon chassis conversion kit which has been discontinued. This is the reason I went with the R2 Hobbies conversion if you look a few pages back on this thread.
Not really, i saw few online shops have it in stock over again.
Then i saw R2 chassis hasn't got top deck, so i don't think it is worthy to buy.
mac853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 04:48 AM   #1954
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 95
Default

I would recommend the DF-03R for Rallying. Far easier than converting a TB-03.
__________________
---------------------------------------------------------------------

TB-03, M-03, M-04,M-05, TT-01, DF-03ra, TRF201, SCX10, Stampede
.---------------------------------------------------------------------
tdunster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:38 PM   #1955
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 690
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac853 View Post
Not really, i saw few online shops have it in stock over again.
Then i saw R2 chassis hasn't got top deck, so i don't think it is worthy to buy.
After seeing your reply, you are correct about the 3Racing conversions available, again.

In regards to the R2 Hobbies conversion, even though there isn't a top deck, it does have carbon fiber side plates. The quality of the carbon fiber is very high quality. I would even go out on a limb and say that it is either Tamiya quality or better. The finish is more glossy that the Tamiya carbon fiber shock towers. Plus, I noticed that the lower deck is extremely rigid. Should still consider it as it is a good value in that it comes with the front and rear shock towers, bumper brace, and battery brace. My only complaint was that the screws that came with the kit could be of a little higher quality.
wrxnfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:28 AM   #1956
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10
Default

Got a TB03 on the way but doesn't come with an ESC, TX or RX
Not wanting to spend a heap, being in Australia shipping is quiet expensive for me when ordering online
Wanting to order a brushless motor, ESC, TX/RX combo from Hobbyking.com
I will be using the car for drifting, no competitions or anything just street drifting in car parks etc
Which ESC and motor would be best suited? From what I've read 4600kw seems good
Also will one of the TX/RX combo's from hobbyking be sufficient?
Thanks
Xplane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:00 AM   #1957
Tech Regular
 
yobouno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 358
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplane View Post
Got a TB03 on the way but doesn't come with an ESC, TX or RX
Not wanting to spend a heap, being in Australia shipping is quiet expensive for me when ordering online
Wanting to order a brushless motor, ESC, TX/RX combo from Hobbyking.com
I will be using the car for drifting, no competitions or anything just street drifting in car parks etc
Which ESC and motor would be best suited? From what I've read 4600kw seems good
Also will one of the TX/RX combo's from hobbyking be sufficient?
Thanks
From what I've read, Novak Ballastic 13.5T or 10.5T is the usual weapon of choice. For TX/RX, I'd recommend KO PROPO. I used to use Futaba, but got one of the KO PROPO to try out and find it a lot nicer to use, it's more user friendly and just simply feels better to hold.

I normally get my stuff from RC-Mart, it's not really that expensive if you are willing to wait for about 1 week to get your item.
__________________
TAMYA M05, TB03, TA05 V2, TRF417X
yobouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 09:23 AM   #1958
WC
Tech Master
 
WC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Global Citizen
Posts: 1,930
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplane View Post
Wanting to order a brushless motor, ESC, TX/RX combo from Hobbyking.com
I will be using the car for drifting, no competitions or anything just street drifting in car parks etc
Which ESC and motor would be best suited? From what I've read 4600kw seems good
Also will one of the TX/RX combo's from hobbyking be sufficient?
Thanks
hobbyKing is good for batteries & chargers

the BL motor combos there can be a bit hit & miss (very luck dependent),
if you don't feel like gambling best stick with something by hobbyWing
(eg EZRUN or XERUN)

8.5-10.5 is usual sweetspot for drift car

hobbyKing TX/RX like the Eurgle/GT3B are cheap but they work ok.
They do feel very plasticky in the hand though.



which TB03 did u buy?
if not TB03D you'll be wanting the rear spool
or maybe go EagleRacing for spool + CS kit

Conventional front shock tower is also easier to deal with than IFS.
__________________
--------------------
www.PandaGFX.com
--------------------
www.MelbRC.org
----------------
WC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 02:35 PM   #1959
Tech Adept
 
aris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 116
Default

Just a noob question, I have the TB01 old model. I was wondering if anybody convert it to drift car. I know it to old but I wanna know if it's worth to do it. Don't know much about electric car. I'd like to have something to do during winter. I got the car from a friend by the way.
__________________
Inferno GT2. (Corvette C7.R)
Fg F1 Sportline (Vodafone Mclaren)
Exotek F1R3,Tamiya F104,
Sakura xi sport USGT
aris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:10 PM   #1960
Tech Apprentice
 
cation3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Smyrna, GA
Posts: 52
Default

(asked before, but...) Did Tamiya ever release the TB-03R's aluminum "IFS" suspension brace? Manual part #: BC24. Anyone got a Tamiya part number?

Anyone got a clean one (or two) for sale for an FF03 and TA05 guy?!?

Thanks,
-Drew
cation3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:10 PM   #1961
Tech Regular
 
visual_rabbi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 335
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default TB-03 for sale

TB-03D roller for sale. Like new.

FS: Tamiya TB-03 roller - LIKE NEW
__________________
What we do in life echoes for eternity.
- TBD...4WD SCT
- HPI Blitz
- Traxxas 2WD
- Xray M18 - Losi Micro Desert Truck - Team Associated SC18
visual_rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 03:30 AM   #1962
WC
Tech Master
 
WC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Global Citizen
Posts: 1,930
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aris View Post
Just a noob question, I have the TB01 old model. I was wondering if anybody convert it to drift car. I know it to old but I wanna know if it's worth to do it. Don't know much about electric car. I'd like to have something to do during winter. I got the car from a friend by the way.
TB01 is a bulletproof chassis sharing parts with the TG10 gas car.
Weighs a ton if you've got the diecast metal diffs in yours,
later TB01s got plastic diff and a light(er)weight centre shaft.

Put full ballbearings in it, whack on drift tyres and it'll work fine.

Not many adjustments available = less to go wrong.
__________________
--------------------
www.PandaGFX.com
--------------------
www.MelbRC.org
----------------
WC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 06:41 AM   #1963
Tech Adept
 
aris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WC View Post
TB01 is a bulletproof chassis sharing parts with the TG10 gas car.
Weighs a ton if you've got the diecast metal diffs in yours,
later TB01s got plastic diff and a light(er)weight centre shaft.

Put full ballbearings in it, whack on drift tyres and it'll work fine.

Not many adjustments available = less to go wrong.
Thank you WC, good to know that.
__________________
Inferno GT2. (Corvette C7.R)
Fg F1 Sportline (Vodafone Mclaren)
Exotek F1R3,Tamiya F104,
Sakura xi sport USGT
aris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:39 AM   #1964
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Belgium
Posts: 4
Default

I bought a TB-03D as my 1st rc car, I'm actually racing it more then drifting. I believe that ,apart from the front suspension, the TB-03 & TB-03D are the same car. Would it be a good idea to use the TB-03 manual to set-up my TB-03D (suspension mounts, turnbuckle length,...) ?
KingLex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:56 PM   #1965
Tech Regular
 
TB03Racer09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 408
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Spec R Gear diffs

I have Spec R Gear diffs in the front and rear and the rear diff keeps stripping every 3 runs, any reasons why this keeps happening? Do you guys have any rear gear diff stripping problems too, with either the spec r diffs or the tamiya ones?

If some fluid leaks onto the gear, can it cause it to strip? If yes, how do u seal it.

What greases are you using? The spec r diff gear is made of nylon.

I am using an ezrun 8.5t 4000kv motor with 3s Lipo. I have the punch on the highest setting, would that really make a difference in wear?

I really like this car, I have no issues at all except the rear diff.

Thank You
TB03Racer09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Selling Schumacher Mi2, Tamiya M02, Tamiya TA04-S, Tamiya TB Evolution 3 Surikarn Ltd st_rob Australia For Sale/Trade 4 12-23-2008 07:37 PM
Tamiya 415 MSX, legacy 2.0, NIP Type A tires, Tamiya towel for sale or trade Fastburn R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 16 09-06-2008 12:45 AM
FS: Tekin Rebel 2 ESC w/ Tamiya GT Tuned Motor & Tamiya AM Radio & Receiver wrxnfx R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 06-10-2008 06:40 PM
Tamiya M03 / Trinity Brushes / Muchmore Battery Cooler / Tamiya M Chassis Wheels bluejays R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 12-16-2007 09:31 PM
Hpi rs4, tamiya tt01, tamiya tg-10, tamiya sprint! MORE!!!!! Genuinekid R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 10 09-10-2007 04:21 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:53 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0