Tamiya TB-03

You're on Page 127 of 155
Go to
  • Quote: Nice work.

is that with the brick style lipos that are flat on the bottom or the ribbed ones ?

If it's with the ones that are flat on the bottom then I might give it a go.

cheers
    I do have some older ones that are ribbed, but I'm currently using flat bottom ones. Still no problem.
  • TB-03 on special!

TB03 gear diff
  • Stitchy

Do you think the TB03 gear diff will fit in the EVO 5?
  • Hey guys, selling a nice tb-03 with a bunch of hopups here:

Tamiya TB-03, Airtronics M11 radio, tools, savox servo, ride f103 tires mounted
  • Just added more body styles to the special!

TB-03D too...
  • Finally found a carbon fiber conversion for both the TB03 & TB03D. It's from R2 Hobbies and went together rather smoothly and the quality of the carbon fiber is pretty top notch.

• Is the TB03 good for 17.5 no boost parking lot racing as I will be getting one from speedtech soon thanks
  • Quote: Is the TB03 good for 17.5 no boost parking lot racing as I will be getting one from speedtech soon thanks
    You will be very happy with the TB-03.

Some heavier springs on the front and some better tires than the ones that come in the kit is about all you need to make these cars very competitive.
  • Hi
    Hello all TB03 fans

I have came from RCuniverse as it has been infested with spam and viruses so i am sick of it.

About time i made a rc tech account anyway i have a tb03 with ezrun 8.5t victory motor.

Thankyou
  • Hi to all TB03 pilots,
    after 2 weeks free time reading Im finally through all the posts here!
    This must be the worlds biggest information about this baby!
    Timmy and Jimmy, and all the others made this thread rule.

I have 2 questions:
    -Spec r diff: I already have one lying here, but in a German forum a guy told me that he killed his blades after 3 batteries runtime, and is totally confused.
    Do you have the same experience?

-R2 conversion kit: What is the weight saving compared to the TB03R?

BR,
    Matthias
  • Quote: Hi to all TB03 pilots,
    after 2 weeks free time reading Im finally through all the posts here!
    This must be the worlds biggest information about this baby!
    Timmy and Jimmy, and all the others made this thread rule.

I have 2 questions:
    -Spec r diff: I already have one lying here, but in a German forum a guy told me that he killed his blades after 3 batteries runtime, and is totally confused.
    Do you have the same experience?

-R2 conversion kit: What is the weight saving compared to the TB03R?

BR,
    Matthias
    I have heard lots of good reviews on the spec r diffs but thier are some bads as with any product. As with any diff make sure you shimit correctly as they all have some sort of tweak (Lot of the gearbox housings are usually different)

Don't have an R2 conversion kit but i am interested too on experiances and weight saving of it.

Anyone no if there are any alloy bulk heads for the tb03? Thanks
  • Quote: I have heard lots of good reviews on the spec r diffs but thier are some bads as with any product. As with any diff make sure you shimit correctly as they all have some sort of tweak (Lot of the gearbox housings are usually different)

Don't have an R2 conversion kit but i am interested too on experiances and weight saving of it.

Anyone no if there are any alloy bulk heads for the tb03? Thanks
    None that I'm aware of. I always thought about trying to get the Evo V ones to work, but never gave it a try.
  • If anyone is interested in the TB-03 deal of the century, I have one for sale here:

Tamiya TB-03 Fully Loaded w/ Tons of Hopups!
  • sorry to ask such a noob question, but here it goes: what ball or bevel diff will fit in the tb-03? i messed up my rear one, then put in the solid rear, now i am going through spurs and pinions like no ones business, any suggestions?
    anyone wanna trade a ball diff for a solid?
    thanks for your time.
    cy.
  • Quote: sorry to ask such a noob question, but here it goes: what ball or bevel diff will fit in the tb-03? i messed up my rear one, then put in the solid rear, now i am going through spurs and pinions like no ones business, any suggestions?
    anyone wanna trade a ball diff for a solid?
    thanks for your time.
    cy.
    Spec R make a gear diff or the TB03. They are on ebay and on RCmart. A spool in any shaft driven car will eat gears like mad (unless your gears are metal). I am going back to the bevel gear diff soon. Once i eat through my remaining 4 diff gears and diff pinion gear i have left.

I think you asked the same question on RCU, i responded to it there also