Like Tree5Likes

Tamiya TB-03

Old 03-18-2010, 09:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ciao Max

Thank You for the reply. I did that and its working fine. I should have just checked the manual for the radio instead of being lazy.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:28 AM
Tech Adept

ciao Mike, my pleasure to be able to help samebody .

Ciao
Max
Old 03-18-2010, 10:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mtaddei
Ciao Timmie,

you are right, i'm running the spool with alluminium swing shaft.
Could you pls advise me the code of the 44 mm steel shaft?? that i'll order next time to my german supplier.

Tnks very much
Max.

P.S. Do you need my help for the translation of yr bike instruction?
Ciao Max,

Yeah save the aluminum axles for when you can afford to keep a few new sets on you. They will help with steering a little over the steel, but even with that I'm not sure if it's worth enough to be worth the headache. Part # for the steel 44mm is 54078. I might need your help with translation, but I figured out a lot of it. I will PM you when I get the time to get back to work on the bike. Thanks a lot for your help

Originally Posted by LOSI123
Timmie :

The bigest 48 pitch spur i can fit is a 71tooth, is there a way to fit bigger?

whats the highest FDR you can achieve? for mod type motors.

i think i was only able to get about 7.xx approx fdr by memorie , but i thought id see what you guys can get.
I believe I had a 75 tooth on my TB03 when I had a 4 turn in it. If not, I know a 72 will fit. As far as running tiny pinions, you have to extend the top motor screw slot a little. When I can get some time to test fit I will let you know for sure.

Ciao Timmie,

my 3racing chassis just arrived, so what i'm going to tell you is only concerning my first impression: chassis thickness 2 mm well cutted, the kit includes a new stering links on ball bearings that requires a low profile servo that will fit in transverse position like on the team magic e4 (the ones that i hold, i shifted it to my f1 ). it is quite flexible i don't know when i'll mount the dif blocks if the flexibility will remain or not.
Battery mount, on the chassis are fitted same plastic profile in order to block the battery, the ones at the top and at the bottom are well shaped, the side ones are too fat, this evening i'll grinder it a little bit in order to fit my lipos.

At the time being this is all what i can tell you.

Ciao
Max
Yeah that's going to be a bit thin for carpet. It may work ok on lower grip carpet. but in high traction I think the car will push a lot. Should be awesome for asphalt though! There are some things you can do to stiffen it up. How good are you with a dremel tool? lol! If you can get 3mm thick carbon fibre plate, make a new top plate and it should help a lot. Don't worry about the servo mounting....just shoe goo it on Post some pics when you get it all built.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:16 AM
Tech Adept

Ciao Timmie,

just for yr info, for me is not a problem to work the carbon fiber, only the time to arrange a new cad drawing and then everithings with my cnc mill ; i was wondering to arrange also a stiffer chassis!
Re servo position, in this way they have reduced the space where to fit the receiver, so probably i'll be obligated to put it ontop the servo! changing so the position of the center of gravity

Ciao
Max
Old 03-20-2010, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Thanks Timmie

Also i was wondering if anyone knew if this part fitted the TB-03 up the Front end

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-trf...h=595_744_1230

I assume it would as the tb03 basicly has the same blocks and susp arms and hubs etc.

I have the D blocks up the front.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:45 AM
Tech Adept

Ciao to all,

yday evening i started the assembly of 3racing chassis, and with reference to my previous post, herebelow are my new impressions:
a) once both diff. cases are screwed on the chassis, this become a solid piece, very rigid and solid, not so flexible as per my first impression;
b) the pinion is very easy to access, but on the other hands you cannot go with a small spur, as the motor is going to touch the counter deck, fyg now i'm using a 88 teth spur and 37 pinion, and the motor is touching the counter deck;
c) the instruction are not exaustive, so i'm not yet sure if under the susp. mount the 1 mm spacer must be used or not (i have used it, but i'm going to send an email to 3racing asking clarification);
d) i have not yet mounted the stearing link, but it seems the the linkage will work in oblique mode, i'll try to reverse the linkage ball on both front upright, in order to reduce the working angle.

this evening i'll try to post same photo.

Ciao
Max
Old 03-23-2010, 09:32 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

I am new to this forum. What is the best source of setups for the TB03? Thanks.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MD
ciao MD, this forum is the best setups source , just read the past posts, or kindly advise details of the track where are you going to race ad we'll try to help you in the better way we can

Ciao
Max
Old 03-23-2010, 04:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi guys, is there any aftermarket chassis out there, or a bumber stiffener. I got two TB03's for my boys, and they have both snapped the chassis at where the bumper mounts to, and getting a chassis in the UK is a total mare.

Thanks
Old 03-23-2010, 04:16 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

mtaddei - Thanks.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ciao Timmie,

just for yr info, for me is not a problem to work the carbon fiber, only the time to arrange a new cad drawing and then everithings with my cnc mill ; i was wondering to arrange also a stiffer chassis!
Re servo position, in this way they have reduced the space where to fit the receiver, so probably i'll be obligated to put it ontop the servo! changing so the position of the center of gravity

Ciao
Max
Wow CNC mill huh? I need to draw some CAD drawings up for you then That's cool you have one. To mount the servo the further up the chassis, you can use some 415 bellcranks and posts. You'll have to make some holes, but it keeps the center link low to clear the driveshaft Let me know if you see what I mean or if you need me to explain that more.

Originally Posted by LOSI123
Thanks Timmie

Also i was wondering if anyone knew if this part fitted the TB-03 up the Front end

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-trf...h=595_744_1230

I assume it would as the tb03 basicly has the same blocks and susp arms and hubs etc.

I have the D blocks up the front.
Yes, those will fit the car. I didn't see what their length is though. If your running D blocks, try running 46mm axles instead, they will give more steering than the 44's.

Ciao to all,

yday evening i started the assembly of 3racing chassis, and with reference to my previous post, herebelow are my new impressions:
a) once both diff. cases are screwed on the chassis, this become a solid piece, very rigid and solid, not so flexible as per my first impression;
b) the pinion is very easy to access, but on the other hands you cannot go with a small spur, as the motor is going to touch the counter deck, fyg now i'm using a 88 teth spur and 37 pinion, and the motor is touching the counter deck;
c) the instruction are not exaustive, so i'm not yet sure if under the susp. mount the 1 mm spacer must be used or not (i have used it, but i'm going to send an email to 3racing asking clarification);
d) i have not yet mounted the stearing link, but it seems the the linkage will work in oblique mode, i'll try to reverse the linkage ball on both front upright, in order to reduce the working angle.

this evening i'll try to post same photo.

Ciao
Max
Yeah get a picture up I want to see what it looks like!

Originally Posted by MD
Just post what motor you plan on using, what type of surface and people will suggest a setup for ya to use

Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst
Hi guys, is there any aftermarket chassis out there, or a bumber stiffener. I got two TB03's for my boys, and they have both snapped the chassis at where the bumper mounts to, and getting a chassis in the UK is a total mare.

Thanks
Tamiya makes a oversized bumper for the TA05 I believe that offers more of a cushion for wrecks. I do not have the part number though, but hopefully someone else may have it on here. On mine, I used a Parma high density bumper made for a Top Photon. Needs a little modding to fit, but is the best bumper you can get hands down. I posted a picture of it on my car awhile ago on this thread. Also, with you being in the UK look at some of the bumpers Pdub carries. Schumacher in the UK sells these if you don't have a shop with them in stock.

Stock chassis would actually be the most durable, since its flexible. If your having a hard time getting it in the UK, check out speedtechrc.com. I'm sure he will ship to you there.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:44 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst

Thanks
Ciao, you have pm

Max
Old 03-23-2010, 11:56 PM
Tech Adept

Ciao Timmie,
yday evening finished the assembly, including the ballance weight the model in racing condition is 1477 grams .
For sure this evening i'll post the picture.

ciao
Max
Old 03-25-2010, 01:28 AM
Tech Adept

ciao Timmie, here the photo
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TB-03-immagine-044.jpg   Tamiya TB-03-immagine-045.jpg   Tamiya TB-03-immagine-046.jpg   Tamiya TB-03-immagine-047.jpg   Tamiya TB-03-immagine-048.jpg  

Old 03-25-2010, 03:27 AM
Tech Adept

some other
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TB-03-immagine-049.jpg   Tamiya TB-03-immagine-050.jpg   Tamiya TB-03-immagine-051.jpg   Tamiya TB-03-immagine-052.jpg   Tamiya TB-03-immagine-053.jpg  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.